Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

bayside

maybe it was a V6...haha
and a cobalt on a highway at 140 ahhh ok i dont know what kind of highways you have but i have never seen one that i could go 140 in one of my cars unless at like 3 in the mourn and i dont think i would ever want to for that matter either

nick76

Originally Posted by seannmelly
how do you "rice" out a mustang and depending on what kind of mustang i find it hard to believe a cobalt beat it lt alone smoking it
It had custom import jap tail-lights, crappy exaust tips, carbon fiber hood, it was a v6. Wassnt sure of the year, I dont follow mustangs to close enough to know the exact body styles. It was an early 90 something.
EDIT: Yea I just looked and checked the stats on say a 95
V6: 145hp
V8: 215
Cobra: 245
Our Cobalt SS is running at 220-230hp
Maybe he just didnt know how to drive? :thinking:
Originally Posted by bayside

maybe it was a V6...haha
and a cobalt on a highway at 140 ahhh ok i dont know what kind of highways you have but i have never seen one that i could go 140 in one of my cars unless at like 3 in the mourn and i dont think i would ever want to for that matter either
Nothing like rural NY.

Not like we were crusing top speed forever, maxed out n then went back down to 80 right away.

bayside

they dont have govenors on a the new cobalts?? and if it was a fox body style which is up to 93 i think... dont quote me on that.... they also came with 4 bangers

nick76

Originally Posted by bayside
they dont have govenors on a the new cobalts?? and if it was a fox body style which is up to 93 i think... dont quote me on that.... they also came with 4 bangers
Hmmm ya know im not really sure, I would assume it would have a govenor on it. But Ill ask him he had some1 remove it or not.

bayside

ya im thinking that if you were going 140 it had to be removed because i dont think chevy would allow a cobalt to come out of production and go 140 with no tweeking done to it, but hey i have been wrong before

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Nick76
It had custom import jap tail-lights, crappy exaust tips, carbon fiber hood, it was a v6. Wassnt sure of the year, I dont follow mustangs to close enough to know the exact body styles. It was an early 90 something.
EDIT: Yea I just looked and checked the stats on say a 95
V6: 145hp
V8: 215
Cobra: 245
Our Cobalt SS is running at 220-230hp
Maybe he just didnt know how to drive? :thinking:
Nothing like rural NY.

Not like we were crusing top speed forever, maxed out n then went back down to 80 right away.

what do you have done to the cobalt thats making that much hp? where in ny are you from? i see you said rural ny.

nick76

Im in the Buffalo Area, Some of the highways on the outskirts of the city go from town to town but theres nothing intween but a few cars and alot of road.
The car is supercharged, cold air intake, High Flow carbon Fiber Hood,
The stock bhp is 203hp alone with the Super charger.

seannmelly

lol so you think your intake and high flow hood is giving you 27 hp? if so everyone and there brother would buy a high flow hood.

sjgsm

It's funny though when I get that mustang gt driver talkin trash then I smoke him off the line with awd and once the turbo spools he never has a chance. Usually shuts him up pretty quick.
LOL cute.... because I say the same thing to a mustang driver... Turbos are overrated...All wheel drive is overrated. For you who try to insult american muscle I have something for you. Those dragsters running around 3 second 1/4 mile times arent running 4bangers with turbos. Shuts up any import. Thats what a v8 does for you. Oh and by the way even if you dont have the "Fart-can" on your import your gonna be labled as a rice rocket. This is due to the fact that Japanese enignes sound like bumble bees. Yes imports can be fast, but I have yet to be beaten by one. But then again i probably just havent raced the right people. I've had a few good races with turbo imports but not as much competiton as a newer Cobra or an SRT8 Charger. I was rather surprised when a hatchback civic somewhat kept up with me one time. Looked over at his car and laughed at him. It was the typical rice rocket down here. Like 8 different color paints,stickers,body kit still not painted, ugly white 10 spoke rims,fart can, and the dreaded 42" wing....... Love to see people are still trying to turn cars into planes. But when we took off I heard the spool from his turbo, caught me by surprise since the car looked like it belonged in a junk yard. After about 3 seconds or so he was probably about 4-5 car lengths back. Ive beat everything from MR2's to Twin turboed 3000gt's and 300zx's, Turboed 350z's,STI's,EVO's,Supra's.
As for the cobalt. It governs at 145... Mustangs are some what fast but 94-95 are slower than a cobalt ss. Cobalts are about 2800 pounds whereas a 95ish mustang is around 3200 pounds... Weight makes a huge difference in racing especially when the heavier car had less horse to begin with. Not to mention that with the supercharger your throttle response is insane. Which is what sets the supercharger apart from a turbo. Turbo's lag.
I still have respect for people who know something about cars. But I learned that most of the people who drive imports don't have even the slightest knowledge of cars. To you who do know something about cars, more power to you.

yinyang

LMAO

YOU ARE A RETARD!
Originally Posted by SJgsm
LOL cute.... because I say the same thing to a mustang driver... Turbos are overrated...All wheel drive is overrated. For you who try to insult american muscle I have something for you. Those dragsters running around 3 second 1/4 mile times arent running 4bangers with turbos. Shuts up any import. Thats what a v8 does for you. Oh and by the way even if you dont have the "Fart-can" on your import your gonna be labled as a rice rocket. This is due to the fact that Japanese enignes sound like bumble bees. Yes imports can be fast, but I have yet to be beaten by one. But then again i probably just havent raced the right people. I've had a few good races with turbo imports but not as much competiton as a newer Cobra or an SRT8 Charger. I was rather surprised when a hatchback civic somewhat kept up with me one time. Looked over at his car and laughed at him. It was the typical rice rocket down here. Like 8 different color paints,stickers,body kit still not painted, ugly white 10 spoke rims,fart can, and the dreaded 42" wing....... Love to see people are still trying to turn cars into planes. But when we took off I heard the spool from his turbo, caught me by surprise since the car looked like it belonged in a junk yard. After about 3 seconds or so he was probably about 4-5 car lengths back. Ive beat everything from MR2's to Twin turboed 3000gt's and 300zx's, Turboed 350z's,STI's,EVO's,Supra's.
As for the cobalt. It governs at 145... Mustangs are some what fast but 94-95 are slower than a cobalt ss. Cobalts are about 2800 pounds whereas a 95ish mustang is around 3200 pounds... Weight makes a huge difference in racing especially when the heavier car had less horse to begin with. Not to mention that with the supercharger your throttle response is insane. Which is what sets the supercharger apart from a turbo. Turbo's lag.
I still have respect for people who know something about cars. But I learned that most of the people who drive imports don't have even the slightest knowledge of cars. To you who do know something about cars, more power to you.

sjgsm

Originally Posted by YiNYaNg
LMAO

YOU ARE A RETARD!
ROFL
thats the best you could do? you got me good YingYang

sjgsm

7 seconds huh? haha!!! yet again you got me... Wait no,you didn't... Top Fuel Dragsters... "Bill Miller debuted an all-new car at the NHRA Winternationals, the engine has 8000hp" thats a 4.5 second dragster... have fun with that... Says Chevy on the Valve covers? 8000 HP V8 rofl...