Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

seannmelly

Originally Posted by walmart
lol 550 ponies must convert to horses. about 300 horses? lol

no 550 ponies is 550 whp

nick76

Originally Posted by Mtennant
here is my car.. Its a 2002 Trans Am with a 408 and a turbo. :scared:
cool man, I almost bought a 98 ta but then decided id rather go old school and drop an LS1 in the 3rd gen I have.
Hows that remote turbo workin? I heard good and bad things about it.

azaintcold

this was my old truck, i just sold it, did the suspension and all the body work myself.

Here is my current ride, a corvette z06 with 405 horsepower stock. Added full exhaust from B&B. Loud.

mtennant

Originally Posted by Nick76
cool man, I almost bought a 98 ta but then decided id rather go old school and drop an LS1 in the 3rd gen I have.
Hows that remote turbo workin? I heard good and bad things about it.

Well so far I love it... Its been work for me now over 6 mouths now.. So what have you heard about it?... So far I'm happy with it..

nick76

Originally Posted by Mtennant
Well so far I love it... Its been work for me now over 6 mouths now.. So what have you heard about it?... So far I'm happy with it..

Thats cool I was looking into it too, alot of people say placing a turbine next to the gas tank is a bad idea lol. I can see why. But that wouldnt stop me from buying one. Although I think im gonna stick with carb.

efishnsea

My new F-150 4X4
:cheer: , just got it Saturday looking to upgrade to MotoMetals 951's 18X9's and BFS's AT and the Bilstein 5100 self leveling series shock system,,,,does anyone have any pics.
James

nick76

Originally Posted by mkengr45
for some reason, I am all of a sudden hungry for fried rice :thinking:
Mmmmm Rice

Speaking of eating rice(well kinda)
My father and I had some fun today smoking a Rice'd out Mustang today with the Cobalt SS
It was funny watching him try to catch up when were were doing a buck 40 on the freeway lol.

J

jrthomas40

yeah...too bad its not riced out it is a serious import not the whole "a sticker makes more HP"....or a coffee can muffler...lol....it needs to go to the body shop for some work

zsalinas

I'm gonna be honest. The whole "ricer" thing gives us with imports a bad name. When you actually do stuff for performance reasons or have paint and not decals. I have a paint job on my car that I posted earlier. I've got a bigger exhaust and stuff but it's full 3 inch piping underneath right of the o2 housing which is all ported for the big28 turbo. When you just weld on a muffler and a tip and it sounds like crap it's sickening. Those of us who actually do real peformance mods get thrown in the same category.
It's funny though when I get that mustang gt driver talkin trash then I smoke him off the line with awd and once the turbo spools he never has a chance. Usually shuts him up pretty quick.

bayside

euro tuners are the way to go. nobody trys to screw with you much unless your the one who instegates (sp) it, i do alot of that haha. and we dont get thrown into the same boat as the japanese tuners. its quite nice but it gets very expensive.

J

jrthomas40

nothing better than an import pulling up next to an "wanna be bad as*" v8 and spooling up the turbo then to here it hiss...with the true sound of full exhaust....wooo i love it....the term ricer usually refers to those that want to take short cuts that usually look pretty horrible then they ride around like their car is top notch...round here callin anyone in my crew a ricer usually leads to heated "discussion"...lol

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by bayside
euro tuners are the way to go. nobody trys to screw with you much unless your the one who instegates (sp) it, i do alot of that haha. and we dont get thrown into the same boat as the japanese tuners. its quite nice but it gets very expensive.
i bet euro tuning is quite expensive...i have a friend that wants to trick his 85 beamer to sit next to his wide body 95 eclipse

nick76

Ricers are the people who spend money on the body kits and ghey muffler tip before they invest one cent into the engine. You can tell a performance import from a ricer with good eyes and ears.

J

jrthomas40

Ricers are the people who spend money on the body kits and ghey muffler tip before they invest one cent into the engine. You can tell a performance import from a ricer with good eyes and ears.
i wouldnt say that either... cuz i bought my wheels and body kit before i put any mods on my engine and even then i have barely done anything other than a short ram and headers and full catback exhaust because i an planning on putting an h22a turbo, with headers, cold air, ecu and the works so i didnt want to sink a lot of money into the crappy f22 single cam i havent had the chance to do the engine up grade because the engine, tranny and other mods will be close to 10grand and i am still in school so money is always short...but i agree most ricers do spend money on body kits and tips just to achieve the look without intending to modify the engine

bayside

ya thats all i have is bimmers and i will prolly never stray from them in the forseable future. they are all just great cars and all so clean looking so i never do much to the exterior and i like them to look sleeperish with minor tweeks to the suspensionand some minor body panel adjustments by cleaning up the lines and gaps. wish i could say i do all of this but i dont. i have a guy that used to own a company that all they did is sleeper bimmers.
like the color of your accord.
i love white for cars, looks so clean and it is a color that stands out without trying unlike a red, yellow etc
is your friends bimmer a 1985 bimmer? if so what model? i have a friend that has a 88 M3 that is a pretty cool car but he has a ton into it so it better be haha.

J

jrthomas40

i think is a 325i...im not sure though....i like sleepers too and euro cars have great lines especially m series...so suspenison and wheels is all they need really

seannmelly

Mmmmm Rice

Speaking of eating rice(well kinda)
My father and I had some fun today smoking a Rice'd out Mustang today with the Cobalt SS
It was funny watching him try to catch up when were were doing a buck 40 on the freeway lol.

how do you "rice" out a mustang and depending on what kind of mustang i find it hard to believe a cobalt beat it lt alone smoking it