Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

ruaround

this is like comparing apples and oranges... just like how well toyota is doing in NASCAR... they arent!!!

sjgsm

Originally Posted by ruaround
this is like comparing apples and oranges... just like how well toyota is doing in NASCAR... they arent!!!
Thats what this has turned into... Which car reigns supreme in power and speed? As far as compairing apples and oranges... I'm stating the fastest AMERICAN powered cars known

seannmelly

sjgsm what 1 of your cars did you beat a twin turboed 3000gt and supra with cause any one of the ones you posted would be not competition for these 2 cars.
ps not saying your cars aint fast but twin turbo supras push way more hp than your firebird with 378 or whatever it has

brandan

98' Grand Prix, ~357.5bhp 2.8 pulley, S1X Intense Cam, 105lbs Comp Springs, Ported TB, 3" DP, Methanol Injection, 4" Intake, 42lbs. Injectors, 13.36@103 before cam, meth injection, 2.8 pulley

:cheer:

sjgsm

Originally Posted by seannmelly
sjgsm what 1 of your cars did you beat a twin turboed 3000gt and supra with cause any one of the ones you posted would be not competition for these 2 cars.
ps not saying your cars aint fast but twin turbo supras push way more hp than your firebird with 378 or whatever it has
lol you got to be F***ing kidding me.... Twin turboed 3000gt's and 300zx's
, Turboed 350z's,STI's,EVO's,Supra's.
a stock VR4 3000gt is 320 horse... same as my car stock for stock...the 3000gt weighs about 3800 lbs...my firebird 3400... stock times for a VR4 3000gt are (0 - 60 mph : 5.4 seconds,
1/4 mile - 13.7) so lets rethink are theory here... now i know its not best to rely on times through the internet.... but sorry 1.5 seconds is a big difference between my car (now) and a Twin Turbo 3000gt...
As far as the Supra... "it's also potent. Without turbocharging, the Supra engine generates a very respectable 220 hp. With sequential twin turbos -one spinning continuously for good low-speed response, the other kicking in when you want to unleash all the horses - output jumps to 320 hp."
lol.... need more? neither cars were suped up... but they did have atleast exhaust...so they werent completely stock... of course like I said before... "But then again i probably just havent raced the right people." don't speak on this issue again as you seem to know nothing or just can't read

sjgsm

Originally Posted by Brandan
98' Grand Prix, ~357.5bhp 2.8 pulley, S1X Intense Cam, 105lbs Comp Springs, Ported TB, 3" DP, Methanol Injection, 4" Intake, 42lbs. Injectors, 13.36@103 before cam, meth injection, 2.8 pulley

:cheer:

Nice Brandan... I wanted a Grand Prix before I got my firebird... just came across the firebird first... lol nice burn out too

ruaround

Originally Posted by SJgsm
Thats what this has turned into... Which car reigns supreme in power and speed? As far as compairing apples and oranges... I'm stating the fastest AMERICAN powered cars known
how can you compare a dedicated race car with more $$$ in the engine to a street legal car... its different classes... i have seen rice burners eat up american cars and vice versa... tuners are tuners... muscle cars are muscle cars... none of the cars youve shown can take a corner at more than 15 mph... so it goes real fast for a 1/4 mile thats what its designed to do... it certainly wouldnt beat a tuner around a 1/4 mile circle track...

ruaround

as far as the fastest street legal american made cars you havent mentioned the Aero TT or the S7 or the Mullen or heck even a ZO6... any of those would eat a firebird for lunch...

sjgsm

lol... You think that Brent Rau built that 7 second eclipse for the street? That would be a dedicated race car. You want cornering cars you can look into a solstice,sky,cobalt,srt4 or you can go expensive with a Viper,Z06 Vette,or a Ford GT.... Oh but I've ram with a Lotus Elise down a mountain road Called Highway 9 in that lovely 96 cobra of mine..Everybody knows Lotus Elise's are most notorious for their exceptional handeling. Yes each car has its stronger qualities, imports are more cornering based than overall power...american cars are more power than cornering. But then again american cars can still corner with the best of them.

sjgsm

as far as the fastest street legal american made cars you havent mentioned the Aero TT or the S7 or the Mullen or heck even a ZO6... any of those would eat a firebird for lunch...
LOL... yes they would...but if I were to spend $90,000 dollars for a z06 on my firebird you can bet your a$$ id be running more than the 505 horse the z06 has... Or the $400,000 of a saleen s7.... But you forgot the Viper Venom and the ford GT....

sjgsm

where do F1s, Enzos or Lambos sit on your list of cars that cant compete???
Ford GT when it recently came out it was known as the "FERRARI KILLER". As far as Enzo's with the amount of those out there you might aswell throw in the Ford GT90... "performance included a top speed close to 250 mph (402 km/h) from a 720 hp (537 kW) quad-turbocharged V12 engine, the exhaust of which was claimed to be hot enough to damage the body panels, requiring ceramic tiles similar to those on the space shuttle to prevent this." yeah... Enzo,Lambo what?

agent-x

Turboed 350z's

Come on! they must have sucked at driving. I know plenty of 350Z's putting down over 400 rwhp. and some in the 500's. Plus they don't have the problem of their car breaking down every time they drive it. I don't think the newer cars (street legal) should qualify as american muscle. it should be one of the true muscle cars from the 60's and 70's to qualify for that title. I know a guy with a 70 camaro putting down a little less than 1K rwhp. That's muscle. I grew up with a 1970 Boss 302 in the family. That was muscle. I had a 95 cobra and didn't consider that muscle. I had a buddy with a new TA about 10 years ago and that things was a POS (not saying your is, maybe it's not, but come on). I honestly like my 350Z more than the cobra and wouldn't go back.

agent-x

Ford GT when it recently came out it was known as the "FERRARI KILLER". As far as Enzo's with the amount of those out there you might aswell throw in the Ford GT90... "performance included a top speed close to 250 mph (402 km/h) from a 720 hp (537 kW) quad-turbocharged V12 engine, the exhaust of which was claimed to be hot enough to damage the body panels, requiring ceramic tiles similar to those on the space shuttle to prevent this." yeah... Enzo,Lambo what?
how's this stack up with your Ford GT, Bugatti Veyron?

sjgsm

AGENT-X said:
SJgsm said:
Turboed 350z's
Come on! they must have sucked at driving. I know plenty of 350Z's putting down over 400 rwhp. and some in the 500's. Plus they don't have the problem of their car breaking down every time they drive it. I don't think the newer cars (street legal) should qualify as american muscle. it should be one of the true muscle cars from the 60's and 70's to qualify for that title. I know a guy with a 70 camaro putting down a little less than 1K rwhp. That's muscle. I grew up with a 1970 Boss 302 in the family. That was muscle. I had a 95 cobra and didn't consider that muscle. I had a buddy with a new TA about 10 years ago and that things was a POS (not saying your is, maybe it's not, but come on). I honestly like my 350Z more than the cobra and wouldn't go back.
Oh i didn't realize the 7.0l 427 in corvettes weren't american muscle? lol your a joke...you grew up with a boss 302 in the family? I guess that 5.0 mustangs weren't really 302's?.... I don't know what your trying to say because those American Muscle cars back in the day aren't that much different then today. That is if you take out the fact that older american cars were made completely out of steel

sjgsm

Bugatti? Go ahead and put that up against the British SuperSonic Car the Thrust SSC lol.... "which holds the world land speed record, set on October 15, 1997, when it achieved a speed of 1,228 km/h (763 mph) and became the first land vehicle to officially break the sound barrier"

agent-x

SJgsm said:
AGENT-X said:

Turboed 350z's

Oh i didn't realize the 7.0l 427 in corvettes weren't american muscle? lol your a joke...you grew up with a boss 302 in the family? I guess that 5.0 mustangs weren't really 302's?.... I don't know what your trying to say because those American Muscle cars back in the day aren't that much different then today. That is if you take out the fact that older american cars were made completely out of steel
The 5.0's are 302's but you can't compare a 90's model 5.0 to a classic mustang. the car we had was just that a Boss 302 a classic mustang and what I consider american muscle. I don't think my 95 5.0 would have held a candle to that car. Also, I can consider whatever i want to be whatever i want to call it. I just don't think the cars of today stack up against the later ones. yeah they're more efficient and probably more powerfull stock -vs- stock, but I think they are shabby attempts at classic cars. You got me on the corvette, it's the only one I'd consider american muscle (of new cars) but it's a vette, they are a league of their own. I just don't think a 96 pontiac is MY idea of american muscle. How musch of them are actually american? And don't call me a joke. I am allowed my own opinion. I don't call you some Pontiac Fanboy joke who tries to compare a 96 POS to corvette's and Ford GT's. you want to brag about some american muscle go buy a Vette or Muscle car put the time in wrenching on it and then brag. Those cars are worth the rights.