Car People? Post Your Ride!!!

seannmelly

[
whats "go juice" Because if you have to put something like that in your car to make it "go"..........it really can't "go" in the first place.

Kind of like steroids????
its nitrous oxide and yes the car went w/o it but goes extremely good with it. sjgsm some of those cars you say you are beating like the lambo ect they must not know how to drive or something. sat i was gonna snap some pics for ya but went out for a ride on the bike.

nick76

Originally Posted by v8eater
I have 2 cars, and bike.
1/4mile = 12.1@118
Nice Car, Nice big turbo in your avatar too.

v8eater

Originally Posted by Nick76
Nice Car, Nice big turbo in your avatar too.

Actually the turbo on the Srt-4 is small, I am running a 50trim, the turbo in my avatar is on my buddies supra it is a Gt47-80. He put down 1048rwhp

reefforbrains

the 4-digit hp club is an expensive club to join no matter how you get there or what country its manufactured in. Nice bike

v8eater

thanks for the comment. Anyone can reach 4-digits horsepower ratings if they have enough money it is not hard. especially for a V8 or Inline 6. As you can tell I am into the four cylinders/imports. The stock bottom end out of the MKIV TT can handle 1000hp. That is low life expectency though. The easiest way to go fast is a V8 there is no replacement for displacement no matter how bad people want there to be. You hear alot of people say my turbocharged 4 cylinder is faster than your v8 but in reality if the v8 running low 13's on the motor then added 7-12lbs of boost it is probably going to run mid to low 11's if not faster and the 4cylinder is running a minumum of 15-20lbs to go just as fast. turbo sizes will play a big role of course and so will tuning devices but that is too much to get into. I know a guy here in town with a chevelle running 9.60s @14X.XX. It is 4000lb full ******** with a cage of course street car not tubbed. he has a big block and 300shot of nitrous. I am a car enthusiast. Just for people that do not know this 60ft times in drag racing make your E.T., Mile an hour through the light shows horsepower.

J

jrthomas40

my dream car is a 94-95 & up nissan skyline gt-r34...given the opportunity i might sell everything i am worth

v8eater

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
my dream car is a 94-95 & up nissan skyline gt-r34...given the opportunity i might sell everything i am worth
here is a picture of a R-34 GTR Vspec I took at the TX2K7 meet this year. 94-95 would be a R-33

and here is my buddy's supra you can see

and of course the fun of poslishing

J

jrthomas40

i was looking for the website that sold them here in the USA but the 99 gtr 34 spec but i cant find it...but i think the last time i looked it was 6 figures

reefforbrains

You nailed it on the head with the comment about displacement beating all. I am a roots guy I will even admit now I mostley underdrive the nose by around 10-20% for sake of longevity. I have the go big or go home mentality wth engines obviously. But power is nothing without control.
I have done builds where I toss everything that isnt nailed down for sake of weight to push for extra .01's But somewhere along I have come to appreciate actually driving the machines I build instead of just torturing them to the max for sake of trackslip braging rights. Money wil buy HP on paper sure but best shiftlight and rev limiters in the world wont help you if you dont know what your doing.
Nicely done, not overboard or rediculous. very clean build, now tell him to paint that helmet. LOL

mkengr45

I couldn't agree more with the more displacement idea. The smallest I run in any of our racecars is 565 cubic inches, and the biggest I am running are 632 cubic inch motors. big cubes and lots of compression.............
Randy

reefforbrains

I always have an ear to the ground for a real godzilla, but I cant justify going so extreme for my particular needs. The Donavans and KB's just get silly (in a good way) But I dont race for comp just a nutjob amatuer, More like a hack. LOL. I am always humbled when my puny 502 sits measures up to one of the REAL monsters. I can think im hot stuff all I want on the street with my measley 1200hp then you hear someone fire up a 3500hp beast and you wanna curl up in a little ball. lol

J

jrthomas40

a friend of mine was looking for an acura/Honda NSX which are still bad

rylan1

Originally Posted by v8eater
I have 2 cars, and bike.
1/4mile = 12.1@118

stock with lowering springs and powder coated rims

Is that a swingarm extention on there? I see you like speed

v8eater

Originally Posted by seannmelly
why did you extend th swingarm? running a bottle or something?
nope no bottle just not a big fan of front tire coming up when i wrap the throttle in first gear at 50-60mph or any gear in the right rpm band.