Cigar Time

shogun323

I think we have had many newcomers since our last cigar thread. What do you like? I am always looking to try new stogies.
Last evening I had a Padron 1964. It was a great smoke. I am also a big fan Montecrosto Whites, Ashton VSG's. I also keep a stock of Gurkha Symphony #4's.

clown boy

I am NOT trying to start a debate, but have a question for ya'll.
I am young, and am just starting my life in the world. Can you list the reasons why you like to smoke?

shogun323

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
I am young, and am just starting my life in the world. Can you list the reasons why you like to smoke?

Perhaps you can start your own thread on this instead of hijacking mine.

crimzy

Originally Posted by Clown Boy

I don't generally smoke (and happen to think cigarettes are disgusting) but I do enjoy a good cigar every now and then. I really only smoke them for a special occasion... good friend or family member gets married, graduation, etc. I enjoy a cigar more for what it represents. I associate a cigar with a celebration with people I'm close with.
While it's not the healthiest thing in the world, certain vices are ok in moderation. IMO abusing a vice can be very unhealthy and problematic, but I also think that the wall-flower, absolute goody-too-shoes is going to miss out on a lot. All people should have a yin and yang.

saltn00b

macanudo makes a cigar called a mantecristo? sure you arent thinking about 2 different companies?
i have a nice little stock pile of Cuban Hoyo De Monterray #2s and Montecristo A's
besides the Hoyos, my favorite cigar for the longest time is the Fuente Fuente Opus X Double Corona.

crimzy

Originally Posted by saltn00b
macanudo makes a cigar called a mantecristo? sure you arent thinking about 2 different companies?
Nope... it's definitely a macanudo montecristo. I also enjoy a Hampton Court.

isistius

HEY SALTNOOB-
1. it's the hoyo de monterrey double corona (freakin awesome)

2. fuente fuente opus x double corona
3. monticristo #2
in that order

saltn00b

oh yea my bad it was the DC not #2.
the monte #2 is also fantastic!!!
last smoked was a Tatauaje #1 east coast. very nice and fair priced stoag. so far pretty pleased with the tatuaje cigars, i have tried 3 of them at this point and all were very pleasant.
next on the list Bolivar #2 cubans! boo ya!

saltn00b

yea let me know what you think! if you come to FTL we should get together and puff! just not near the tanks lol.

shogun323

That would be great. I'll let you know if I get down that way. I need to find local or online dealer for those stoges.

miaheatlvr

I used to smoke like 2 or 3 a day till i started to have trouble breathing... BUT I LOVE!
La Gloria Cubana.. Glorias extra ,, next best thing to HAVANA
Puros Indios, Nacionales Awesome
Bauza. Jaguar,,, excellent

shogun323

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
I used to smoke like 2 or 3 a day till i started to have trouble breathing...
Breathing is overrated.

tangman99

OH yeah, a cigar thread! I just got back from the caribbean and picked some Cohiba Siglo Vs. Not a bad smoke, but I still like Dominican cigars the best. They were aged very well. Nice plume.
I think my new favorite are the Dominican Cohiba Black Supremo and the Extra Vigoro.
Some other favorites are Excaliburs, Montecristo Afrique, Partaga Black (love the Maduros) and a very inexpensive one called Onyx Reserve. CAO Brazilias are pretty good but burn too fast for me.
My drink of choice lately with a cigar has been Courvoisier Cognac V.S.O.P.
Hey Shogun, we need to all meet in the middle of the state sometime and do something. Have a nice cigar and hang out somewhere.

shogun323

Originally Posted by TangMan99
OH yeah, a cigar thread! I just got back from the caribbean and picked some Cohiba Siglo Vs. Not a bad smoke, but I still like Dominican cigars the best. They were aged very well. Nice plume.
I think my new favorite are the Dominican Cohiba Black Supremo and the Extra Vigoro.
Some other favorites are Excaliburs, Montecristo Afrique, Partaga Black (love the Maduros) and a very inexpensive one called Onyx Reserve. CAO Brazilias are pretty good but burn too fast for me.
My drink of choice lately with a cigar has been Courvoisier Cognac V.S.O.P.
Hey Shogun, we need to all meet in the middle of the state sometime and do something. Have a nice cigar and hang out somewhere.

I have yet to smoke a Cohiba. I may pick one up this evening. A SWF.com get-together for a smoke and an adult beverage would be great!! The drive home may be a little rough though.

earlybird

Originally Posted by crimzy
Personally I like the macanudo montecristo.

My ATF has to be Dominican not Cuban.