Cigar Time

shogun323

Originally Posted by Isistius
ah yes, the cigar after a large meal. is there anything more relaxing? ok, don't answer that there are children on this forum. i scored huge yesterday. my neighbor at work is a cigar distributor. he has a huge online site, and i have become very friendly with him. so i go in to see him and chat and he hands me 2 cigars and tells me to try them. god i love free cigars. the 1st one he said, "what is it?" it had no label, but the square shape gave it away as a padron. i said "anniversario?" he said "yeah, however it's a factory second" huh? "because they are machine pressed to get that shape, these were pressed slightly too much, and the square shape is too defined, so they can't be labeled." sweet score there.
the second one he handed me is an original club macanudo. for those of you that don't know, this was THE cigar that was made for the opening of club macanudo in chi-town 15 years ago. yup, i said rolled 15 years ago. they were supposed to come in 3 sizes: corona (which he gave me) churchill, and #2 torpedo. to make a long story short, they never went into full production, and the club had to release a press statement denouncing the cigar. supposedly this cigar is touted as one of the best cigars ever made in 3 sizes. after i smoke it this weekend, i will let you guys know.......

That is awesome!!! I can't wait to hear how it smoked!!

tangman99

supposedly this cigar is touted as one of the best cigars ever made in 3 sizes. after i smoke it this weekend, i will let you guys know.......

Now see! That's just wrong. You are friends with the guy so you are going to be biased. If you say it wasn't any good, he's going to thing you didn't appreciate it and not give you any more. So, you have no choice but to say it was a great cigar. Now to give this review the unbiased attention it deserves, you need to ship that cigar to me and I'll take of it for you. Really, it's no trouble and I don't mind.

isistius

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Now see! That's just wrong. You are friends with the guy so you are going to be biased. If you say it wasn't any good, he's going to thing you didn't appreciate it and not give you any more. So, you have no choice but to say it was a great cigar. Now to give this review the unbiased attention it deserves, you need to ship that cigar to me and I'll take of it for you. Really, it's no trouble and I don't mind.

it is wrong, but that's the way i roll. if i say it's great, he keeps giving me cigars to "try", and keeps getting me those, how shall i put it delicately? umm.........................contraband

shogun323

Ya know, I am starting to think that we should move our SWF cigar rondevouz over to Isistius' house. In fact, he can prvide the stoges!!!!
See yall in WPB!!!

tangman99

Originally Posted by saltn00b
if you guys want to chip in cheap we can all get a box and take home some in a goody bag
Hey, that sounds like a pretty good idea! Not sure if I can get all the way down to Palm Beach any time soon, but chipping in a goodie bag sounds like it could be interesting. Let me know!

tangman99

tangman-
i've shipped to my cousin in tampa several times after splitting a box.
You have a PM!

isistius

You have a PM!
replied!!!

anyone on here have the issue of cigar afficionado with tom beringer on the cover? i thikn it's the newest one. there at 2, i repeat 2 cigars rated at 100. yes. i repeat 2 rated at 100 in the same issue. please get me the names. you're lives and the existence of all humanity depends upon it.

isistius

just received the oct 2007 issue of cigar afficionado. richard branson cover. this is taken verbatim out of the "connoisseur's corner"
HOYO DE MONTERREY
DOUBLE CORONA (1992)
This cigar still shows why it was one of Cigar aficionado's greatest cigars ever. What a smoke. And it was made during the period when production was very small and the gigar was mind-blowing. It is rich and powerful with loads of spicy, tobacco, cedar and earthy character. Full bodied and loaded with flavors. It goes on for minutes on the palate. Love it."
Rating: 99

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.................

isistius

Man, my mouth is watering right now looking at those!
they taste better than they look

shogun323

just received the oct 2007 issue of cigar afficionado. richard branson cover. this is taken verbatim out of the "connoisseur's corner"
HOYO DE MONTERREY
DOUBLE CORONA (1992)
This cigar still shows why it was one of Cigar aficionado's greatest cigars ever. What a smoke. And it was made during the period when production was very small and the gigar was mind-blowing. It is rich and powerful with loads of spicy, tobacco, cedar and earthy character. Full bodied and loaded with flavors. It goes on for minutes on the palate. Love it."
Rating: 99

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.................

isistius

shogun- you got that right
well ,as far as taste-testing the 2 fine cigars i recently received, it'll have to wait. i was going to smoke them this weekend, but ended up with tonsilitis instead. lucky me. so now i am on 2 different drugs for the next week, and going to see an ent thursday about having my tonsils removed.
hip hip hooray!!!!!!

saltn00b

shogun- you got that right
going to see an ent thursday about having my tonsils removed.
hip hip hooray!!!!!!

i would not let this guy ANY WHERE NEAR your mouth!!!