Cigar Time

shogun323

Originally Posted by saltn00b
by possession, he means he got to touch the box.... and thats it LOL
Haaaaa...... True.

saltn00b

i do want to try those tho,
the aniversarios are interlaced dual leaf wrappers. they spiral with alternating, maduro and pale type leaves. supposed to be beautiful
and those salomans are so new there is not even a press release or information about them yet. they are supposed to blow the hoyo DCs out of the water with a crazy conical shape ending with something like a 60+ ring guage.

isistius

and those salomans are so new there is not even a press release or information about them yet. they are supposed to blow the hoyo DCs out of the water with a crazy conical shape ending with something like a 60+ ring guage.
and retail for $12-1400 per box

tangman99

Originally Posted by Isistius
tangman99, where are you??????
I'm right here Brother! I had to roll my tongue back up! Ooooooooooooooo!
That's it. I'm getting in the Corvette and I'm heading down to Palm Beach. I'll bring the Cognac X.O.

isistius

Originally Posted by TangMan99
I'm right here Brother! I had to roll my tongue back up! Ooooooooooooooo!
That's it. I'm getting in the Corvette and I'm heading down to Palm Beach. I'll bring the Cognac X.O.

i prefer louis xiii

tang4life

I have smoking cigar's for about 10 years +, I'd say anywhere 1-4 cigars a month, not too heavy but I've purchased my share of cigars over the years. I have alot great cubans, top shelf stuff, and paid dearly for them. If you want try an everyday good cigar that ranges in price $3.50-$5.00 I'd recommend you try Excalibur's #4. More often then not I usually go with a robusto size, which is the #4, but it can purchased in a number of different sizes based on preference. It's a mild cigar but usually has a nice burn, and excellent taste throughout. If your looking for a little more punch in taste, then they make the cigar in a 1066 series which incorporates the darker African Cameroon wrapper. Not a bad cigar, just not usually what I'm looking to smoke.
I would also suggest the Zino Grand Classic Brasil or Zino Grand Classic Sumatra
. Again, along the same lines as the Excaliber, on the mild side, nice burn. These cigars are machine made, rather than hand, and they come with a wedge cut. A little more expensive, but not much more. Happy smoking!

saltn00b

i have been looking to try the Zino's but they are damn pricey. Zino is the new high end line from Davidoff. they pack a little more punch then the avg davidoff but are supposed to be great stoags.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Isistius
i prefer louis xiii

Yeah, I bet you do!

I actually looked at that in the duty free shop when we were in the Caribbean. $990.00 a bottle.

dragonzim

Yeah, I bet you do!

I actually looked at that in the duty free shop when we were in the Caribbean. $990.00 a bottle.

I had the pleasure of drinking that a while back. My brother in law used to work for Remy Martin and was given a bottle by his boss as a wedding gift when he and my sister got married. They had it at the bar at the wedding. Once I heard that it was opened I ran over to the bar to get some. I asked the bartender for a Cognac and he reached for the XO that was up on the shelf. I said, "No, I want the stuff that you've got hidden under the bar" He asked me what the password was and I said "How does brother of the bride sound?"
Needless to say, I got my glass...

isistius

Yeah, I bet you do!

990!!!! thats a steal. usually runs 12-1300 here. granted you're paying all that for the bacarrat crystal it's stored in

isistius

alas, the mighty hoyo de monterrey salomon.........all hail king salomon

omg does it smell good!!!!!!!!!

and the guy who let me take the picture of it, took it back. dang indian giver

tangman99

OK! I couldn't take it any more. After reading Isistius' comments on the Hoyo Double Corona and doing a little research, I had to try them. SO . . . I sent my people to talk to some other people and a few Benjamin Franklins later . . . WHA LA!
I'm lighting up one of these bad boys tomorrow!

The wireless temp/humidity transmitter that lives in the humidor

And my wireless monitor that gets a glance every morning to make sure these babies stay nice and comfortable

isistius

mmmmm..........................

i just got some bolivar coronas gigantes. i will post a pic over the weekend as i am smoking it. my last smoke before my tonsils come out monday. hopefully i will be healed enough to enjoy another boivar over thanksgiving with my family.......

saltn00b

oh tangman you dont even know what you are getting yourself into!!!
prepare yourself for a life long love affair my friend. damn that box is beautiful, brings a tear to my eye...

isistius

prepare yourself for a life long love affair my friend. damn that box is beautiful, brings a tear to my eye...
amen my brotha!!!!

tangman99

Yeah, my eyes sort of teared up a little as I opened the lid, got my first peek
and that beautiful aroma filled my senses. You get that choked up feeling. Kind of like when you hear the gun go off and the boy comes back without Ole Yeller.

isistius

Yeah, my eyes sort of teared up a little as I opened the lid, got my first peek
and that beautiful aroma filled my senses. You get that choked up feeling. Kind of like when you hear the gun go off and the boy comes back without Ole Yeller.

you think it smells good now? wait until you start puffing on it and get about 1" in........ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh