Classifieds Seller's Feedback

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder why folks take chances buying from strangers?? I mean, if Bang Guy was selling clowns, I would buy it without hesitation and know that there would not be problem. I've known him online for several yrs and I trust him. Isn't it safer and easier to either buy from the store, or at least get your stuff from a tried and true hobbyist that either has a good rep. or is known pretty well via the forums?
Sorry, but this is probably the WRONG place for this question/comment.

speg

Originally Posted by Beth
I wonder why folks take chances buying from strangers?? I mean, if Bang Guy was selling clowns, I would buy it without hesitation and know that there would not be problem. I've known him online for several yrs and I trust him. Isn't it safer and easier to either buy from the store, or at least get your stuff from a tried and true hobbyist that either has a good rep. or is known pretty well via the forums?

I'd have to agree.. completely.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Beth
Many of us are trusting souls and still have beleif in our fellow humans. Many internet sacms exist even on the big auctions site. Just becuase someone has numerous positive feedback does not mean they are trustworthy.
A popular scam on the big auction site is for a bidder to purchase several inexpensive items in a brief period. Once they have reached the level of feedback where they are protected under the Paypa usear agreement they strke quickly. They will then bid on very expensive items and file claims with paypal for unathoorized use of funds. As soon as this happens money is taken out od the sellers account (if you have a balance or they run your account babalce as negative). You then must prove you followed the seller portion of the user agreement as outlines...EXACTLY. If not kiss your money goodye..and yes the bidder still gets a refund. This will go on for a few weeks before the system in place over at Paypal and the big auction site finally catches up...they will then shut the bidder account and Papyal account down but only after the individual(s) have ripped folks off.
The problem is that large auction site floats out deflated fraud numbers knowingly. There investigation team is a joke and it is quite difficult to police their own site and their big scam Payscam...I mean Paypal.
This probably is not the right place for this as well...but....you can see you may think you are dealing with reputable folks but things are not always as they seem.
Our legal system has done little as a deterrent .........less then 10% of white collar crminals will be prosecuted by local DA's or the feds with even fewer convictions.
These numbers are starting to increase but still unacceptable. Crime pays..if you know how...and it is not rocket science to get away with it. it is our own trust in our fellow humans that make us vulnerable...and a legal system that does little to the white collar criminal.
Sorry for the lecture...but this frustrated me years ago so I got out of forensic accounting.
perhaps this will help folks think twice..and remember...if it sounds to good to be true......it probably is a scam :mad: .

bob a.

ScubaDoo said:
If you used your credit card through Paypal you can call your credit card bank and file a claim. Paypal frowns on this and may close your account but at least you get your meny back. If you used your bank account or a Paypal balance, you will have to read the user agreement to see if your transaction qualifies for their buyer protection program. You also have deadlines you must meet and perhaps he has stalled you and the deadline has passed.
Paypal is not the wonderful service folks think it is. I've been scammed both as a seller and buyer and learned the hard way.
Best of luck dealing with Paypal...you'll need it[/QUOTE
The skimmer I bought from ModAtomic finally showed up a week and a half later, dirty but all there. I deleted the original posting. It was about 8 or more days between me sending him the money and his last email saying "I'll send it out" and me finally seeing it. He came through, but I would not deal with him again.

bob a.

Originally Posted by Chelle
Got orange mushrooms from Magyk and they came to me in great shape and was exactly what I wanted.
Thanks
Chelle
I also ordered from Magyk and it came in good shape and the polyps are doing fine.

schadiest1

Tantaboof -
great to work with. everything was very smooth and corals arrived safely and promptly. Wouldn't mind buying more again from Tantaboof. Thanks!!

magickyl

Bought JBJ PC lights from New One. Awesome deal and arrived just the way that he described. Great seller. I would do business with New One again for sure. Thanks!

cynelson

I bouth an overflow box from minchman. What a great guy! It was in perfect condition. Thank You soooooooo much!

cowfishrule

sold my skimmer to FUNKYMAN. super fast payment, and had patience, even in my slight delay in shipment
A++++++++

dzones

MUMBULOG - purchased a metal halide light set. FANTASTIC transaction. Excellent communication, VERY WELL packed and a great buy.
THANKS!!!!! A+++++

pco1988

Bought several fish from sjw87 and plan more in the future. Great guy, met all my needs and made it easy for me. I paid him by shipping the money and he even paid the overnight shipping for me. The animals I bought were overnight shipped via DHL and were packed great. The best was know one died! Great animals too, and even some rare things. (Red Sea Anthias, ect.)
Thanks
Philip

jimmyw

Do not buy from sjw87 unless you want to get ripped off! He ripped me off when I payed him $40 for a clean up crew and I had to hound him for 9 days before he sent it and then when I finaly got it IT WAS HALF WHAT I PAYED FOR! He said he sent me the wrong order but he never would refund half my money OR send me the rest of what I ordered. This Is the first time I have ever been ripped off and hopefully the last. I hope this message saves you from beeing ripped off by this 17 year old punk. He has a few different e-mail addresses like sjwolkholdingcompany and sjw87(at)rochester(dot)rr and Karz87_sale(at)yahoo(dot)com and he is from Rochester NY.

maurice

I purchased some pumps and test kit from 007 and he had them shipped the same day patment was made,and packaged well and all in new condition.Thanks Justin!
A++++

carshark

Spencka!!!! great seller, I had a problem with buying something from him right away, it took me a week and he waited patiently, as soon as I posted the payment to his paypal the filter was shipped same day, brand new as specified, and packed wonderfully, and very prompt in delivery....Great seller Id buy from him again and again....