Clownfish Breeding

al&burke

Short update, fed newly hatched BBS - they seem to be eating it, still a good amount of there rotifers in fry tank. I think more than half of the larvae have metamorphised (sp?) swimming a bit different and getting some color on them. I would say there are still 30 or 40 fry in the tank.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///t/393244/clownfish-breeding/20#post_3499058
That would be great Bang Guy - If you PM me the size of the box and approximate weight, I know next to nothing - I will email you a UPS shipping slip - prepaid. It would be muchly appreciated. PM your email if that is OK with you.
GuynWarsaw@yahoo.com.
Mine is small, square and about the size of 1/3 of a coffee cup, a few ounces. It works great for both BBS and Rotifers.

mr. limpid

That is so great, you are a good parent. Better start saving your money that is a lot of college tuition for 40 fry. Hey watch out there is a jelly fish in that first picture.

al&burke

Full steam ahead almost all have gone through metamorphasis and my pair of clowns have spawned again. I actually counted about 45 - they are swimming like real clownfish now. Couple of them even look like they are jumping out of the water.

snakeblitz33

Oh boy! Get ready to buy some more aquariums and filters! lol... saving every batch, I hope that you can get them to selling age pretty quick! I'm jealous of your supplemental income now!

al&burke

I have a couple more ten gallon tanks, extra 40 and a 20 long. I really enjoy the challenge and watching them grow, I actually don't have to squink anymore to see them. They are swimming in a group just starting to see tiny bits of white. I will save the next batch if they hatch then see what happens after that.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al&Burke http:///t/393244/clownfish-breeding/40#post_3499580
I have a couple more ten gallon tanks, extra 40 and a 20 long. I really enjoy the challenge and watching them grow, I actually don't have to squink anymore to see them. They are swimming in a group just starting to see tiny bits of white. I will save the next batch if they hatch then see what happens after that.
Awesome man.
I would like some pics of your rotifer/phytoplankton station if you don't mind. :D

al&burke

Hey Bang Guy at what point should I add a sponge filter, I kinda like the fact that there are rotifers swimming around, I am doing small feedings of BBS three times a day. I have a sponge filter in the mother tank's sump to try to seed it a bit.