College Football 2004

reefraff

Originally posted by n2deep
SOONER!!! any sooner fans going to Dallas for the game next weekend?

That ought to be a good game and a heckofa party. I am in UM land, the other UM, no, not Miami of Ohio. AA division University of Montana:( God I miss going to real games.

jal1639

Originally posted by PattyCake
gotta say it WAAAAARRRR EEEAGLE!!!!!
Those VOLS are gonna be tuff this Saturday!

VOLS were joke!!!! Thank goodness!!!

belothsurf

Oh man, what a bittersweet night of football.
Pontius, congrats on your first win in Tuscaloosa. Unfortunately, that has not been such a difficult task in the last few years, and it doesn't look like things are changing anytime soon. The first half was a great game, smashmouth football. I thought it would be close all the way. Then came the second half. I'm not sure if it was the scary injury to Keith Brown (he is ok, btw, just couldn't move his legs for a while), or us putting in our 3rd string color blind quarterback, but Bama crumpled like a wet paper bag. A "thin", wet paper bag! Gotta give our defense some credit though, considering they played most of the second half.
But, South Carolina definitely came ready to play some football.
Gotta give a big "WAAAAR EEAAGGLLLE" to my Auburn friends. That was awesome. That took away a little pain from the Bama game. Always good to see Auburn win (cept against Bama), and especially against fat Phil. I think, and this is arguable, but Tennessee was more embarrassed than Bama. Auburn looked sharp as a tack. I said it before, watch out for Auburn.
So, Roll Tide, War Eagle....and....
Go Cocks!!!!!

pontius

LMAO, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to see an Alabama fan having to write "GO Cocks"
we got Ole Miss and Kentucky next, so we should be 6-1 when we play the UcheaT Viles in Columbia. from the looks of the Viles last night, we may be able to handle them this year.

jal1639

I live in Charleston, I HATE the "cocks"!!!!!!!!!
I hate it how all of the people born and raised here call South Carolina, USC. USC, in the rest of the nation, stands for So.Cal. I also HATE Lou with a GRAND passion!! It stems from Notre Dame. No matter how bad his team was and even if he lost the first three games, they were still ranked in the top 25.
Anyway, UGA finally showed why they are ranked #3, about time. Hope the Vols break them off something next week though!!
War Eagle

pontius

lol, we are the flagship university of a state. southern Cal is the flagship university of a city. there's only one USC, and I couldn't really care less what anybody else in the nation thinks. Allbarn was the inspiration for Climpsun being named "Tigers" and their choice of colors (except Climpsun eventually used purple instead of blue)...so that's enough for Allbarn fans to be ashamed of right there.

reefraff

Originally posted by Pontius
lol, we are the flagship university of a state. southern Cal is the flagship university of a city. there's only one USC, and I couldn't really care less what anybody else in the nation thinks.

LOL. You guys down there in So Carolina have flush toilets and electric power at the general store yet? Wait, I forgot. We aint got them in Montana yet :)

wrassecal

Originally posted by n2deep
SOONER!!! any sooner fans going to Dallas for the game next weekend?

No, but I got to give away 2 fifty yard line tickets at an alumni reception in Houston last Tuesday
The closest I'll get is TV, but we'll still have a fun party.

pontius

JAL, I'm not sure I understand your question?
but since you asked,
we are 4-1 with our only loss being 20-16 against #3 Georgia, who beat the crap out of LSU yesterday.
Climpsun is 1-3, and their only win against Wake Forest was due to a bad pass interference call in the 4th quarter.
so yes, life is pretty good right now.
to the guy in Montana, haha, funny. but Myrtle Beach is the fourth fasting growing city in the nation, so maybe we'll have indoor plumbing soon. :)

avbryce1

Originally posted by Ty_05_f
Yeah, I don't think so Cubuffs.
Right now I pick OU and Georgia for the title game.

:hilarious :hilarious

reefraff

Originally posted by Pontius
JAL, I'm not sure I understand your question?
to the guy in Montana, haha, funny. but Myrtle Beach is the fourth fasting growing city in the nation, so maybe we'll have indoor plumbing soon. :)

I'd rather have an outhouse than the growth! I live near the second biggest city in Montana and our population is just under 1 million people, for the whole state, not the city.

krowleey

Originally posted by Ty_05_f
TT has a very good offense.

that's why college needs a playoff system

someone400

Hey Jal, will ya'll be ready for the Hogs next weekend?? I saw where it will be on TV. Another disappointing defeat for us vs FL last weekend though. I think Matt Jones(QB) is his own worst enemy sometimes... He is an excellent QB but seems to make his mistakes in the most critical parts of the game
. His BIG mistake against Texas cost us the game and then the interception at FL.
I think its great to see soooo many teams from the SEC in at the top of the rankings!

liverock27

After this last weekends easy win over LSU I don't know how UGA only recieved 3 first place votes!! I know they didn't show up for the first few games, but it took Ohio State a 55yd field goal to beat Marshal and S. Carolina could be a team that might cost some other teams bigger bowl games ( UF, U. of Tenn). I am just waiting for that big game against AU. They have looked as good if not better than any team ranked above them. Should be a great running battle. As for the laughs about UGA vs OK, do you really think that USC has proven to be a number one team? If UGA pulls out an undefeted season their should be no doubt about them playing for the championship. The SEC blows away the other confrences and the West Coast doesn't play up to southern football standards. Just MOP, but it is a good one.

reefraff

"the West Coast doesn't play up to southern football standards. Just MOP, but it is a good one."
Yeah, I keep hearing that myth year after year.
Try staying up late and watch some western teams play. Just because the top tier teams there don't keep their first string in so they can run the score up 99 to nothing against the university of bugtustle like the southern teams do doesn't mean they aren't good:D