Coral Keepers 10 gallon dart frog diary.

gnorman

they both look good but i like the wood in the second. it would b e cool to see the frogs perched up on them

mike22cha

Only 15$?! You need to make a how to guide for me.
Like make a list of supplies, their cost, where you could find some.
And how you put it together.
I was thinking I'd have to wait before I did anything like that, but for 15$?!
I know the frog itself would be expensive though.

coral keeper

Here are some update pics of the terrarium. I added some new plants and took away some plants. I also made some large holes in the back round and filled it up with coco fiber for the plants that are on the back round. I added some rabbit food fern. I also took away some of the carpet plant and added some leaves and some dried moss. I gave the leaves a nice 20 min boil.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
very nice,, but I have to ask. arent dart frogs poisionus??
Dart frogs get "their" poison from eating poisonous ants. So in captivity they lose the poison.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Dart frogs get "their" poison from eating poisonous ants. So in captivity they lose the poison.
Very true.

bill109

i think it woul dlook cool to cover the top of that wooden thing in ther with tht gras and a tall plant. just so the wood doesntt stick out and so it gives it a smooth sruface if they need tht?
idk but i would look cool covered with what i mentioned above..
dont get me wrong here.. ur frog tank is so sweeet
it makes me want to make oen but when it comes to realitiy i cant lol.. i habe no knowlde of them lol
-bill109

coral keeper

Originally Posted by bill109
i think it woul dlook cool to cover the top of that wooden thing in ther with tht gras and a tall plant. just so the wood doesntt stick out and so it gives it a smooth sruface if they need tht?
idk but i would look cool covered with what i mentioned above..
dont get me wrong here.. ur frog tank is so sweeet
it makes me want to make oen but when it comes to realitiy i cant lol.. i habe no knowlde of them lol
-bill109
If i want to cover the wood, im going to need to cover the wood with coco fiber. If i dont the grass will die. Thanks!! lol. I dont want to cover the wood because i want to see the wood in there.

bill109

so this may be a dumb question.. but im goign to ask it ne how..
y do u need to wait to put ir frog in?
do u nned tht fruit fly population u were telking about or is tht not the only reason?

coral keeper

Its not a dumb question at all. The fruit flies is one resin and the second is so the tank can cycle. Its like a saltwater or freshwater tank, it has to cycle first before you put any fish in your tank. Same thing with a dart frog tank.

porkchop48

the best reason to wait like coral keeper said , is to get time to get FF cultures going. I have seen alot of frogs die people people got their FF and frogs and the same time and did not learn how to culture them good enough and ended up running out of food.
It also gets very expensive to but FF cultures all the time as opposed to cultureing them yourself.
I seen You had a question a whole back about adding stuff to the water for the plants. You will not need to add anything to the tank for the plants. Aftre you gets your frogs in there you will have little fertilizer machines and your plnats will be fine.

coral keeper

I asked my mom and dad to get me the dart frogs on Christmas time. I got the potato flakes for the ffs. Now i just need to get the 32 oz cups and some ff culters.