Costa's 156 gallon Build Log

costa13

Well I began building the topoff tank out of acrylic. You can see it in the diagram above it is going to sit under the fuge.

My LR has been cooking for 1 1/2 weeks now and man does it smell
bad.

I should be ordering some more equipments very soon. And on Friday I think I will stop by my LFS and pick up some more LR.

costa13

When my tank is running at the correct levels the sump should have 20 gallons in it and the fuge should have about 16gallons in it.
The sump will be able to hold around 33 gallons when full and the fuge should be able to hold around 18galllons when full.
Here is an updated picture of the sump with the amount of water each compartment will have in it when running at the right levels.

costa13

Update Yesterday I ordered two Lumenarc DE HQI Stealth Reflector. I can't wait to see how they work because I have never seen the Lumenarc DE reflectors in person.

ghettotang

When you place the top off water where does the water coming from. Do you have it near the sink or how does it work. I'm confuse
because I have an RO/DI unit, but the problem is don't know how I will hook-up the top off.
Thanx
Jay

costa13

Well since my tank will be in my living room I cannot put the RO/DI next to it, it is in the laundry room. So when the topoff tank gets low I will just have to fill it up manually.

costa13

also I will be using a topoff controller which will incorpote float valves, the one I will be using is a JBJ Automatic Top Off (A.T.O.) System Water Level Controller

costa13

A local plastics store here sells them, but you can also order them offline. Check in the phone book for plastics store near you so you don't have to pay for shippping.

80sbaby

The specs that you posted are very detailed. I have 75g I want to modified before I fill it with water. Do you have any ideas on how I should put the overflows? Thank you so much for time. Keep us posted with pics- I'm going to steel your idea.LOL :thinking: :thinking:

costa13

I have gotten a lot done this weekend. I finished the topoff tank, and almost done with the refugium. I also finished the refugium's stand, I will water seal at same time as when I am sealing the stand. Here is some picks.
3/4 finish refugium on its stand with topoff tank underneath.

Pictures of the refugium's stand with topoff tank underneath.

costa13

Originally Posted by 80sbaby
The specs that you posted are very detailed. I have 75g I want to modified before I fill it with water. Do you have any ideas on how I should put the overflows? Thank you so much for time. Keep us posted with pics- I'm going to steel your idea.LOL :thinking: :thinking:
Is your tank already drilled?

costa13

Originally Posted by azul1994
can i see wat the tank looks like now?
It looks the same as above. Haven't really done anything to it because, I am still waiting for the stand to be completed.

costa13

Oceanview Aquariums in Bilox, Mississippi built the aquarium for me, and when they built I had them drill holes in it also.