Costa's 156 gallon Build Log

costa13

Originally Posted by larryndana
my 75, 30, and 10 gallon tanks came from Oceanview, woohoo. hattiesburg here. ***)
sweet

80sbaby

Originally Posted by costa13
Is your tank already drilled?
Not sure if I'm going with the hang-on overflow or getting the tank drilled. I would like to have 2 overflows on each side of the tank. What would you do? :thinking:

80sbaby

I really have know idea on how to measure out the tank for piping. Once I have the exact list of supplies and measurements I will still start again with the addiction.LOL. Thanks for the pics - it's a great idea. ***)

costa13

Originally Posted by 80sbaby
Not sure if I'm going with the hang-on overflow or getting the tank drilled. I would like to have 2 overflows on each side of the tank. What would you do? :thinking:
I personally would get the tank drilled, but when you drill it you also have to risk cracking it.

80sbaby

I personally would get the tank drilled, but when you drill it you also have to risk cracking it.
I will have the guy downstairs do it for me, he also has is own plastic & arcylic shop. That is why I need the exact dimensions of the sump/fuge design. He could build it for me in a day he said.

costa13

Today I tested the refugium for leaks and it passed. :thumbsup: tomorrow I will be testing the topoff tank for leaks and this weekend I will begin to build the sump.

Alex

costa13

I will have the guy downstairs do it for me, he also has is own plastic & arcylic shop. That is why I need the exact dimensions of the sump/fuge design. He could build it for me in a day he said.
Cool. Do you need the exact dimensions of mine? If so they are above.

greenwolf52

Wow u really have it all planned out! Thats great!! I also noticed what appears to be a CR 125 or maybe a 250 in your Garage, and a smaller frame from an older dirt bike! Moto cross is great! bet you have some sick trails and tracks in Mississippi!! Any way good work on the tank!! Also what is that stuff you are putting in place of live sand? Is it a non-sand product?? what's is made from?

costa13

Originally Posted by greenwolf52
Wow u really have it all planned out! Thats great!! I also noticed what appears to be a CR 125 or maybe a 250 in your Garage, and a smaller frame from an older dirt bike! Moto cross is great! bet you have some sick trails and tracks in Mississippi!! Any way good work on the tank!! Also what is that stuff you are putting in place of live sand? Is it a non-sand product?? what's is made from?
Yea I have been planning it out for a long time. Yes we have 4 dirt bikes: YZ125 XR400 XR100 XR80. I am going to put starboard on the bottom of the tank instead of sand. It is basically like the thick white cutting board.

80sbaby

Cool. Do you need the exact dimensions of mine? If so they are above.
Yeah, Costa I'm going to copy your design. It incorporates everything I want-as well as the return, only thing is I want 2. I need a bigger pump right? Do you have any ideas on the HO overflow?

80sbaby

I just remembered that I have 2 10g. Where should I incorporate them? I don't want them 2 go 2 waste.

costa13

Well today I received another order. I got two Lumenarc Stealth HQI reflectors which look awesome. I also got an ATO controller, I found a website that had it on sale for $59 when it is usually $99 so I decided to give it a try.

Alex

costa13

Yeah, Costa I'm going to copy your design. It incorporates everything I want-as well as the return, only thing is I want 2. I need a bigger pump right? Do you have any ideas on the HO overflow?
Why do you need a bigger pump?

costa13

I just remembered that I have 2 10g. Where should I incorporate them? I don't want them 2 go 2 waste.
What are the dimensions in you stand. You could possibly use one for the refugium and one for the topoff tank. Just and idea

costa13

Today I also picked up 3 6ft acrylic rods for my rock work. I think I am going to lay out my tank dimensions with tape of the driveway and try to get a feel of how I want the rock work to look like. So when the tank is ready for LR I will have a better idea of what I want. Here is a picture of all 3 the rods.