Crazy Things We Did as Kids

jmick

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2652208
B.B gun wars
We did that and we used to cut the heads off my dad's golf clubs and make blow guns out of them. Worked well with q-tip with needles on the tip and within a 15-20' range you could really nail people.
ah and bottle rocket wars, those were a riot!

renogaw

m80's under a coffee can
rode on handlebars of brother's motor dirt bike (got nasty scar from that)
shot down bee's nests with pellet gun, ran and bagged em up so all the bees would die, then hung up the nests in room.
2 liter bottle bomb: dry ice, water, 2 liter soda bottle, drop out of window, run like heck...
decided i was a MAN in 4th grade... started chewing tobacco. father said, you're going to be a man, you're going to CHEW like a man... he put half a can in my mouth and wouldnt let me spit for half an hour... never touched it after...

camfish

I have a friend who was in a B.B. gun war. One kid got the bright idea to pump his 57 times...he shot my friend and my friend had to go to the hospital. The funny part was that he got shot in the *** and had to get the B.B. removed. I wasn't there though.

el guapo

anybody write your name in the concrete when they fixed the curb or sidewalk by your house ? Half the kids in the neighborhood did it on my block. There was always one guy who had the idea to ride his bike across it .

camfish

I've been sitting here trying to think of something crazy that I have done and I finally thought of something. You know how on the back of firecrackers it says what not to do? Well I got some really good (and expensive) firecrackers (the pack said that each cracker was equivalent to an m60). So I attempted to break every rule on the pack. I went inside, held the thing in my hand in a closed container and lit it. I realized how stupid this was and I was trying to blow it out, and kaboom! I had my mouth open trying to blow it out and it hurt man. There was smoke everywhere and my brother came running out of his room screaming and I couldn't hear ANYTHING but a sharp ringing for like an hour. Evidently the smoke detectors went off too. Not as exciting as a B.B. gun war, but it is the best I have.

el guapo

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2652211
We did that and we used to cut the heads off my dad's golf clubs and make blow guns out of them. Worked well with q-tip with needles on the tip and within a 15-20' range you could really nail people.
ah and bottle rocket wars, those were a riot!

I had totally forgot about the blowguns that came with the plastic beads/"hunting" darts . Good times .

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2652231
anybody write your name in the concrete when they fixed the curb or sidewalk by your house ? Half the kids in the neighborhood did it on my block. There was always one guy who had the idea to ride his bike across it .

me and my friends do that. the city's so stubborn about it that they've repaved one individual square 8 times in 2 years, and we have subsequently written our name 8 times. it would have been cheaper if they just paid a guy to sit and watch it after like the third time.
also, anyone ever do bike jousting? all you get is a football helmet (we draw the line at head injuries) and a giant stick.

eelfan77

I used to have a lake in the back yard with 4 alligotors, so I would get my friend and we would start shooting it with bb guns untill it started to run after us. we thought that was the funnest thing to do to.

K

kikithemermaid

I dared my little sister to pee in our cats litter box.

camfish

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/2652613
I dared my little sister to pee in our cats litter box.
I've made a lot of dares like that, but very few people were dumb enough to take the challenge...did your sister? Rereading this, it sounds kind of mean...I didn't mean that your sister is dumb or anything.

groupergenius

So much crud, I'm amazed I'm still alive.
I feel it's not a good thing to talk about the stuff I did as a kid and have some of these youngun's here now try something. My 20 and 18 year old sons won't know all the stories till they are at least 34-36 and out of the stupid stage.

camfish

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2652678
So much crud, I'm amazed I'm still alive.
I feel it's not a good thing to talk about the stuff I did as a kid and have some of these youngun's here now try something. My 20 and 18 year old sons won't know all the stories till they are at least 34-36 and out of the stupid stage.
Good plan, you are an admirable person.

reefraff

Grew up in the middle of an oil field. Lots of stuff that burns, explodes etc but the coolest thing we discovered by accident.
We boarded horses at our place and if you've ever been around horses you are familiar with hay bails. You tend to have lots of bailing wire around. One of the guys got mad about something and went stomping off and got tangled up in a piece of bailing wire and tripped. Mpw he's really POed. He gets up and wings the wire in the air. It comes down across the power lines and BAM!!! flash of blinding light and sparks flying everywhere and a nice boom/sizzling sound. A friend of my dad was under the lines working on his car. Never saw him move that fast before or after that.

t316

Tied up frogs to bottle rockets.
Swilllllllllleeeee KABOOM. Then it would rain red. If you were lucky enough to get the red on your t-shirt, you were then MAN

hexedagain1

We would take stretch arm strong and tie him to the clothes line. We had the old one that you could stand at one end and pull the clothes to you, but in this case it was old stretch.We would pull him from one end to the other , while he was normally under heavy fire from BB and pellet guns. My Mom got sick of buying them for us once she found out what was happening to them.
Looked cool when he got hit, that red crap that was in him oozed out like it was blood. LOL.
Man we were stupid kids.