Crazy Things We Did as Kids

ledzep fan

Ding-dong-ditching , leaving dog poop in a bag and lighting it on fire on people's door steps then to ring the dorr bell. Agh..good times

t316

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/2652864
hey im not the one showering in frogs blood
Agreed, but reading that just reminded me of running barefoot thru all those fields, and BAM.....if you hit one of those "stickers", you stopped dead in your tracks. Them succors hurt

spiderwoman

Streaked downtown of our small town in the middle of a summer night. Skinny dipped... dumb stuff like that.
Oh almost forgot. One winter a group of neighborhood kids, we were hiding behind a snow mount and threw heavy snow block on the road and actually hit a car.

t316

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2652890
Streaked downtown of our small town in the middle of a summer night. Skinny dipped... dumb stuff like that.
Oh almost forgot. One winter a group of neighborhood kids, we were hiding behind a snow mount and threw heavy snow block on the road and actually hit a car.
That reminds me...we snowballed passing cars from the woods. Man that was the best. Always a good adreneline rush because you never knew if they would stop, back up, and/or try to chase you. We got caught a couple times, but got pretty good at it.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2652899
That reminds me...we snowballed passing cars from the woods. Man that was the best. Always a good adreneline rush because you never knew if they would stop, back up, and/or try to chase you. We got caught a couple times, but got pretty good at it.
We'd do weird stuff like that and never thought about the consequences. In the late 70's and early 80's we didn't sit and watch TV or play with video games. We were outside doing something dumb.
Another thing we'd do as a group in the evening: we'd pick a house, one of us would go and open the door and yell *klaffattu* and throw in a note of paper. Don't ask me what the note said, but it was an adrenaline rush when someone would come out yelling and trying to chase us down. Especially if we did the same house night after night and really pissed the guy off. People didn't lock their doors in the countryside.

t316

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2652909
We'd do weird stuff like that and never thought about the consequences. In the late 70's and early 80's we didn't sit and watch TV or play with video games. We were outside doing something dumb.
Another thing we'd do as a group in the evening: we'd pick a house, one of us would go and open the door and yell *klaffattu* and throw in a note of paper. Don't ask me what the note said, but it was an adrenaline rush when someone would come out yelling and trying to chase us down. Especially if we did the same house night after night and really pissed the guy off. People didn't lock their doors in the countryside.

You & I must have grown up in the same part of the country....sorry, I can't stop laughing, cause we did the same thing

greg9871

stupidest thing ive ever done is run through a patch of nettles(makes you itch badly), and thistle(has small thorns), and a briar bush(has big thorns), but hey i got 10 bucks, hey my freind did it first for nothing so i got the better deal lol

nano reefer

WELL WORTH THE READ
some stories my dad told me verified by multiple eye witness sources including my godfather, 2 uncles, aunt, and the girl that got launched (read to find out what launched means) (i saw her at a home depot about 5 years ago and asked her if it was true, and she said yes):
throwing an m-80 into an out of ground pool hoping the water would explode up, but the walls just collapsed and washed you and your buddies away.
found out guy across street was stealing firewood i chopped, so i got one of my logs, got an old wood drill, drilled a hole, filled it with gunpowder, plugged it up. 1 month later the guys fire place blew up.
get right up next to a house shoot arrows from a bow almost stright up, ut at an angle, so they stick into the roof
cut a tree so it is barely standing, to a string to the neighbors door knob, open door = fallen tree.
got a big construction rubberband, tie it around a tree and a telephone pole across a driveway, stretched it and loop it around the garage door handle. got this girl on a skateboard to go right by the rubberband, and get pushed up the driveway. everyone rushes inside to turn the garage door handle. when they came out they found a skateboard, and saw the girl 40 feet away smashed on a stonewall. she said she fell from the wall, and didnt rat them out.
stuck a girl into a clothes dryer. fire department came with jaws of life. she was fine, but this time she snitched.
drove the most expensive dirt bike in the whole town with spikes in the tires for now traction over a small pond, and it was lost for good when it fell thru.
got chains, huge fishing hooks, hand cought river trout, and a bleach container. hook a 1/2 piece of trout to the hook, the hook goes onto the chain, and onto the bleach container. throw a few in the pond out in the backyard. catch some huge snapping turtles, and sold them to the local japanese food place.
put pennies on a train track to flatten them
please excuse my wording and the tenses of the words i used, i am tired.

shogun323

I did a few great lawn jobs. One in particular I remember I backed my dad's truck all the way up to the front windowof the guys house and slammed the gas. You hear nothing but the rev of the engine until you hit the sidewalk with a loud chirp. Then more grass until you hit the road. I never liked that kid too much.
I have a friend that road his motorcycle through the mall nekked in the 70's. He was a legend.

m0nk

Originally Posted by shogun323
http:///forum/post/2653271
I have a friend that road his motorcycle through the mall nekked in the 70's. He was a legend.

We did the bb gun wars, bottle rocket wars, and roman candle wars...

shogun323

I grew up next to Innisbrook (golf course) and we used to go collect golf balls from the cypress swamps that ran down the sides of the holes. We would then clean them and sell them to neighbors.
A few times we would sit a like 250 yards from the tee and wait for someone to hit the ball. Then when they turned to go to their cart we would run out to the fairway, grab the ball and go back and hide in the woods. We would crack up watching the golfers try to find their ball. Only got caught once and ran!!!!!!

triga22

Lets see, We road down our hill on little tikes(Last week) I fell and got road rash. Took a30ft bungie cord streched out to 75 feet tied from my bike to a little red car let it launch it got up to 48mph in 1.55 sec, It hit a mailbox knocking it in half flying 15 feet. We tied a little tike to my bike and drove my friend behind me.Riding our bikes with no brakes. At 4:30 in the morning we would go down streets holding down the horn of our car yelling stuff( People get really pissed at this) Drove down streets opening our doors into the orange cylinder pylons. BB gun wars. Lighting mortars throwing them hoping they dont shoot at you. And thats all I can think of now.