Dear Diary...

adairable

***New Livestock***hopefully?
A fellow member of these boards, Bonebrake, has fragged some corals and I am going to be getting some...here's what I am looking at:
eagle eye zoanthids, zombie eye zoanthids, Armor of God pink palythoas, pulsating xenia, blue shrooms, ricordea florida, trumpet coral, and some other goodies.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by Adairable
***New Livestock***hopefully?
A fellow member of these boards, Bonebrake, has fragged some corals and I am going to be getting some...here's what I am looking at:
eagle eye zoanthids, zombie eye zoanthids, Armor of God pink palythoas, pulsating xenia, blue shrooms, ricordea florida, trumpet coral, and some other goodies.
all those corals? you must be rich.

adairable

Actually I am full-time student, which means i am also a full-time poor person...Luckily Bonebrake said he'd give me a deal!
He's pretty much the best!

renogaw

cannot tell if it was answered, but you seem to already have coralline growing on some of your rock. time and correct water parameters will get it to spread.
also, another reason you want to have caves is so the water can flow through it and you don't have any deadspots.

adairable

Originally Posted by renogaw
cannot tell if it was answered, but you seem to already have coralline growing on some of your rock. time and correct water parameters will get it to spread.
also, another reason you want to have caves is so the water can flow through it and you don't have any deadspots.
Good point
about the caves! And that purple and green stuff on my rocks is coralline? YAY!
I will do some aquascaping as soon as I leave the fam dam Easter celebration and get back to Philadelphia....

trainfever

In that case, I hope you get stung.

Another thing, I just noticed. Is that your heater I see in the back right of the picture? If so, I would recommend removing the bioballs and putting your heater in that chamber. It will make your tank more visably pleasing not having to see the heater in the background.

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
In that case, I hope you get stung.

Another thing, I just noticed. Is that your heater I see in the back right of the picture? If so, I would recommend removing the bioballs and putting your heater in that chamber. It will make your tank more visably pleasing not having to see the heater in the background.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that tonight....
Actually, there are three chambers and according to other biocubers, you can take out that filter in the first chamber and put the heater there.
Then I think you get some type of filter media and put that over the drip tray over the second chamber to replace the big filter and to catch any big stuff.
Under that drip tray are the bioballs and I think I am going to replace them with some LR rubble.
I am wondering if the intake that is located on the bottom of the first chamber should be left open or not???? :thinking:
Then in the third chamber i think there is some kinda filter at the bottom...don't know exactly
I heard I should take it out but I don't know what to put in its place.....

adairable

Also, what is that filter media called? or will the guy at the LFS know what i am talking about???
and will the LR rubble affect my tank if I get it cured from the LFS?
Does anyone have pics of how thebiocubes back chambers will look after I do all this stuff? :help:
THANKS!

trainfever

My cube has 4 chambers, the first two had sponge filters in them. I removed the filters from the one and filled it with rubble rock. The third chamber had bio balls and ceramic rings which I also removed. The fourth is where the return pump is, and I also put the heater in there.
Dont worry about blocking the inlets with the live rock, water will get around them.

adairable

Well the first chamber that has the inlets would be empty....thats where the old filter is....and then I'd put the heater in there....I think???

renogaw

Good point
about the caves! And that purple and green stuff on my rocks is coralline? YAY!
I will do some aquascaping as soon as I leave the fam dam Easter celebration and get back to Philadelphia....

if you scrape the purple stuff with your finger nail and it does not move, then yes it is most likely coralline.
the green stuff is probably green algae blooms starting.

trainfever

Well the first chamber that has the inlets would be empty....thats where the old filter is....and then I'd put the heater in there....I think???

You can put the heater in any of the chambers.

adairable

if you scrape the purple stuff with your finger nail and it does not move, then yes it is most likely coralline.
the green stuff is probably green algae blooms starting.
No it wont scrape off...I tried at first but its REALLY on there!

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
You can put the heater in any of the chambers.
Awesome....I can't wait to get off of work and get some work done on my tank.....
It's insaney slow today at work, Im guessing a lot of people didn't have to work. LUCKY!

renogaw

No it wont scrape off...I tried at first but its REALLY on there!
congrats then. to get it to spread you can turn off your pumps, brush it with a toothbrush to promote spore release, and if you have good water quality you'll get it all over the place. I don't need to do this, and many others dont as well, but if you really want it to spread it may need a helping hand. or just let it do its own stuff and it will get over everything.

adairable

congrats then. to get it to spread you can turn off your pumps, brush it with a toothbrush to promote spore release, and if you have good water quality you'll get it all over the place. I don't need to do this, and many others dont as well, but if you really want it to spread it may need a helping hand. or just let it do its own stuff and it will get over everything.
yea I might have to do that because the stuff that is there came with the LR and I haven't seen much if any other growth on it.....
thanks for the advice.... and I guess i shouldn't use my toothbrush right?

renogaw

yea I might have to do that because the stuff that is there came with the LR and I haven't seen much if any other growth on it.....
thanks for the advice.... and I guess i shouldn't use my toothbrush right?

erm... i never thought of that............

adairable

****New CORALS!****
I am so excited, I just got a bunch of frags from Bonebrake! He hooked a sista up! :jumping:
All I need to know now is what they are....(psst I forgot to get a list!)
I took pictures but of course nothing has opened up yet....
Anywho, I will report and post pictures on them as soon as they open up or when Bonebrake sees this and tells me what they all are....I was too excited to worry about their names!