Dear Diary...

bonebrake

The ceramic rings are the equivalent of live rock rubble. You can take them out or leave them in, it is up to you. I think you'd be fine with just leaving the carbon and rings in there and changing the carbon once a month or so when you clean all of the gunk out in there.

adairable

Also....trying to consolidate sexys...NOT HAPPENING!!! I'm not that skilled with a harpoon yet.
I did however, take a frag of xenia from the BC and put it in the AGA to help with the nitrates. It seems happy

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
Please dont tell me that you were running the filter with the same filter floss that was in it with the previous owner? If so, that is most likely your nitrate problem. I myself dont like cannister filters. If I didnt have a sump/refugium, I would run an overflow filter.
Sheesh lady, thats where your problem is.

Well what do you suggest mister!? You can't just yell at me and not give advice! I have some filter floss at home I could put in there...
And the guy actualy gave me a couple of other filters...they seem to "hang-on" to the back?
Bonebrake saw them....maybe he can identify them for me

adairable

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
The ceramic rings are the equivalent of live rock rubble. You can take them out or leave them in, it is up to you. I think you'd be fine with just leaving the carbon and rings in there and changing the carbon once a month or so when you clean all of the gunk out in there.

cool...that's what I had planned to do. I just have to figure out this filter situation before train has a meltdown

trainfever

HA! I WASNT YELLING. I NEVER YELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM, SOME KIND OF CRAZY PERSON? lol

Besides, I didnt know you wanted advice.

Take a picture of the filters you have and post them so I can see what you have. Oh wait, thats right you got drunk and left your camera in the GGW van. LOL

Hang one of the power filters on the back with nothing but rubble rock in it. You can also throw a handful of macro algae in there. That would make it a mini refugium.

adairable

HA! I WASNT YELLING. I NEVER YELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM, SOME KIND OF CRAZY PERSON? lol

Take a picture of the filters you have and post them so I can see what you have. Oh wait, thats right you got drunk and left your camera in the GGW van. LOL

Hang one of the power filters on the back with nothing but rubble rock in it. You can also throw a handful of macro algae in there. That would make it a mini refugium.
and I assume I will be getting that from you...wink wink nudge nudge
(the macro algea that is)

adairable

BTW the camera was found....in the back of my friend's grandparent's van's back seat....

I kind of wish it was lost forever b/c it is poopy

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Adairable
BTW the camera was found....in the back of my friend's grandparent's van's back seat....

OK.......well... that can be your story.
As long as you got it back and there is no evidence of incriminating material on it, then I guess all is well. For now... until some one googles something......

I kid of course. Well start taking some pics..... of your tank, thought I should clarify.

adairable

Yea I definately plan to take some asap....I'm excited to show you all my new tank. It would ahve been better if there were before and after shots but oh well

trainfever

I told you it was in the back of a van. I just didnt know that your friends grandparents took pics for GGW.

trainfever

and I assume I will be getting that from you...wink wink nudge nudge
(the macro algea that is)
Yea, I reckon i can throw some your way.

trainfever

Yea I definately plan to take some asap....I'm excited to show you all my new tank. It would ahve been better if there were before and after shots but oh well
When you say you are going to show us your tank, you are talking about your fish aquarium right?
I mean with you being from the south and what not, I just want to make sure there is no communication gap or language barrier.

adairable

I told you it was in the back of a van. I just didnt know that your friends grandparents took pics for GGW.

HAHHAAHHA

if only you could see them

adairable

When you say you are going to show us your tank, you are talking about your fish aquarium right?
I mean with you being from the south and what not, I just want to make sure there is no communication gap or language barrier.

as soon as I saw that I thought you were talking about tank=booty

adairable

checking today after my softball game....
did I tell you? I got a double play! I caught a pop fly and threw out the girl on first

bonebrake

No,, you didnt tell me anything other than you lost. What position do you play, left out?

adairable

No,, you didnt tell me anything other than you lost. What position do you play, left out?

HEY NOW! Back in the day I was pretty dang good...I played pitcher in Monday's game and last night I ended up playing short-stop and getting all but 1 ball that went past me. I'm a wall!!!!