DeMartini's 8 gallon BioCube

bill109

Originally Posted by ric maniac
somebodys loaded but im not saying who lol awsome tank! as are all the others.

haha i was thinking the same lol
as always. very nice tank.

R

rattler739

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Im sure the gorgonian will eventually out grow a 14g, but it will take a long time to grow that big. If it ever does you could always frag it.
how exactly would you do that just break it off @ the branch or something else?
do you have any suggestions for getting nitrates down, its at about 20-40 (never over 40 but not usually under 20, it been like this for 2 weeks) I have done water changes every 2 or 3 days about a gallon each time and i have even tried kent nitrate remover. can u suggest anything else thanks

P.S. I am new to saltwater and this forum any help on anything is much appreciated

demartini

Originally Posted by rattler739
how exactly would you do that just break it off @ the branch or something else?
do you have any suggestions for getting nitrates down, its at about 20-40 (never over 40 but not usually under 20, it been like this for 2 weeks) I have done water changes every 2 or 3 days about a gallon each time and i have even tried kent nitrate remover. can u suggest anything else thanks

P.S. I am new to saltwater and this forum any help on anything is much appreciated

you cut off a branch with scissors and then scrape off a little bit of the flesh on the bottom, then super glue it to a piece of rock.
To reduce your nitrates try changing about 2 or 3 gallon every couple of days. Are you using tap water or RO/DI?

R

rattler739

you cut off a branch with scissors and then scrape off a little bit of the flesh on the bottom, then super glue it to a piece of rock.
To reduce your nitrates try changing about 2 or 3 gallon every couple of days. Are you using tap water or RO/DI?
Well when I started the tank (before I saw this forum) I was using tap but then I started using RO/DI (MUCH BETTER
)
Thanks for your help Ill try that tonight and let you know how it goes

bpaul1201

i noticed that in the last pic of the sexy that there is alot of debris in the tank, is this normal? i'm asking cuz i'm having the same problem i switched to a homemade filter then i removed it with a new stock filter, but water is still full of debris! any suggestions?

bpaul1201

14g biocube! i'm going to be taking out the pump for the monthly maintence tomarrow hopefully that will help as well as cleaning the sponge.

ric maniac

i love the pic of the sexy shrimp with the goronian! its cool how the shrimp is vertical. awsome tank. more pics are welcome lol

bill109

thank you! =)
hey could u shoot me an email?
im thinkin of getting a little biocube.
i have a few questions for u about the tank and its details and etc.
so if u have some free time send me an email.

defoC18@cox.net
-bill109

R

rattler739

Have you recently done anything or purchased anything new for your tank, havent seen any updated tank shots for a while.

demartini

Originally Posted by rattler739
Have you recently done anything or purchased anything new for your tank, havent seen any updated tank shots for a while.

I havent really gotten anything the tank. But I'll take a up to date pic soon.