Dinosaurs and the Bible

1journeyman

Originally Posted by sciknen
http:///forum/post/2507666
well i have a few things to say
i went to catholic school for 16 yrs or so
but im atheist or kinda buddhist/wiccan/atheist
here i go
adam n eve( bible says they were the 1st n only people on earth)
ok
they have kids then wat
kids have kids together(

[hr]
) doesnt god say no to that
another thing
men chose what was put into the bible
council of nicean i think
what about all the other gospels
not good enough for god
even tho all of them were written BY MEN
I think you skipped a few classes

sciknen

also everyone
proff there is no heaven or hell
its called DMT
there is no white bright light that leads t heaven
the bright light leads to a halucigen trip
its like doing acid for all eternity
its the truth
you know wha tpisses me off
im an atheist i guess but yet i have read the bible and dont a lot of reseach into it
but most believers wont read or look into anything else

1journeyman

Why do you care what other people research?
I can honestly say you haven't done much research on the Bible based on your previous post. That doesn't "piss" me off. You can believe whatever you want to.
The Crusades, Conquistadors, Inquisition, and today Jihad, all are horrible examples of what happens when we try to force a belief on someone.
Atheists tend to cross the same line. Several posts on this thread prove the point.

clown boy

Originally Posted by sciknen
http:///forum/post/2507691
some intelligent ideas that prove them wrong
I haven't seen any. Here, I'll go down your list.
The genetic pool was pure when Adam and Eve were created perfect. So marrying siblings wasn't a problem. God said that it was wrong once the genetic pool was messed up a couple thousand years later.
The Bible was written by men who were inspired of God.
Not every school teacher is a good person. Likewise with Pastors. Don't let a few destroy your impression of the whole group.
Christianity is following Christ and doing what he said. I don't think that qualifies as being "invented".
Uh yeah.... duh... who said there was a bright light that lead to heaven?

clown boy

Another thing:
I don't try to force anything on anyone. But sometimes when I see someone that I know, according to what God has said, is doomed for eternal punishment, I can't help myself. It's like when you see someone trapped in a burning building, and you know you are one of the few people capable of saving him in time. Would you?

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2507783
I'm sold, wow!
Ok seriously, why even bother posting that rubbish?
I am curious, how many different Christain denominations are there? Am I gonna have to goggle this?
First of all, over 2,000 people have seen some kind of huge reptile. Are you saying that they are all lying?
Second, I don't know how many denominations there are. But they are just minor theological differences.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2507783
...I am curious, how many different Christain denominations are there? Am I gonna have to goggle this?
Jmick, honestly, not sure. Here is what I can think of from the top of my head.
Originally you had just the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox split off.
Dark Ages...
Protestant Reformation leads to the different Protestant Denominations as church leaders debate issues of deacons, baptism, church authority, etc.
Off the top of my head:
Baptist
Church of Christ
Methodist
Lutheran
Presbyterian
Assembly of God
Anglican
Episcopal
I'm sure, regionally, there are many more I'm unaware of.

phelpz

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2507884
Jmick, honestly, not sure. Here is what I can think of from the top of my head.
Originally you had just the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox split off.
Dark Ages...
Protestant Reformation leads to the different Protestant Denominations as church leaders debate issues of deacons, baptism, church authority, etc.
Off the top of my head:
Baptist
Church of Christ
Methodist
Lutheran
Presbyterian
Assembly of God
Anglican
Episcopal
I'm sure, regionally, there are many more I'm unaware of.
LDS/Mormon
Pentecostal
Jehova Witness
I think thats all the major ones.

phelpz

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
http:///forum/post/2507908
Those aren't denominations. Those are different religions. They have totally different foundation beliefs.
Well, I've known a lot of Mormons who consider themselves Mormon, but really dont believe in what the church was founded on. So I dont know. I mean, most of the people who follow it like that are considered FLDS. Its kind of changed a lot.
I guess youre right though.
I honestly dont know much about Jehovas.

M

mathwhiz

Many have tried for years to disprove the Bible and have been uable to. In some cases, some have actually ended up converting themselves. I believe in what the Bible says and believe the blessings in my life are gifts from God and sruggles in my life help me to strengthen my faith because they force to rely on Him even more. I had a 2 month premie (born just over 3 lbs), it was a very scary time in our lives and we prayed and our family and friends prayed for our daughter. I believe God answered those prayers and we have a beautiful, and healthy 5 year old whom we are very thankful for. I also do not know what we would have done at that time in our lives if it was not for our faith. She has scars on her hands where she was poked so many times for blood tests, feeding tubes, etc. I tell her these are 'angel kisses', and she is proud to show others her 'angel kisses'
The Bible may not have every detail of history in it, but what is in it is historically acurate. As was mentioned in a previous post, the Bible was relevant at the time it was written and it is very relevant now.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
http:///forum/post/2507480
It's not a secret that there are places where Dinosaur and Human footprints have been found together. The King of Babylon had carvings of them on his walls. Plus, look up the Inca Stones. A carving of just about every type of Dinosaur is on one of these.
Yes, and there are helicopter drawings in Egypt, does this mean they had Cobra copters back then too? Or just were imaginative and happened to draw something that looks similar? As far as the use of 'Dragon,' it's in the first link. It seems like that term could be applied to pretty much any 'large' animal they may have found, the article mentions giraffes as one. Imagine witnessing an Orca attacking a seal on the beach for the first time. There's your 'sea monsters.'
I guess my problem is they are so quick to point out specific examples, but when there's nothing, they always come back with "well it's left up to interpretation" or "the Bible's just a guide". Basically proving impossible to dispute.

sigmachris

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2507018
All ethnic groups are still members of the same species. There has been no evolving. Much like Poodles and German Shepherds are still Canines.
I may be misusing the term evolution, obviously some ethnicities haven't evolved to fly or swim under water for hours on end. I was trying to point out under biblical terms that 1 founding family has become very diverse (Asians, Africans, Western European, Native Americans) in a very short period of time. Call that evolution or something else...bottom line is the time line doesn't fit the scripture.
I would say I put more faith in the scientists with carbon dating, layers of sediment, continental plates, and other tests to show that the earth is millions of years old. This seems more concrete to me than some authors 2,000 years ago, inspired by God started writing that the world was created only 15,000 years ago.

clown boy

All I'm doing is disputing the claim that there is nothing in the Bible that could be a dinosaur.
Look at Job for instance. In Chapter 40. Keep in mind that this is God talking here, not some wistful poet.
15 "Look at the behemoth, [a]
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!
17 His tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.
19 He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.
20 The hills bring him their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround him.
23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.
24 Can anyone capture him by the eyes,
or trap him and pierce his nose?
Now, what is this behemoth? Well, many people say that it's either a hippopotamus, or an elephant. Well... 17 His tail sways like a cedar; Have you ever seen the tail of a hippopotamus or an elephant? Sways like a twig is more like it...
Well, then many people will say it's a Crocodile. 16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!
Well, that doesn't exactly fit a Crocodile.
Well then, what is it? A Sauropod, of course. Read it over again with this in mind, and it makes perfect sense.