divorce

deejeff0442

True to a point. We are not indoor people. Not even close. We have 5 acres and are always outside doing something. When the day comes and everything is built here. I will be board out of my mind. I can build a house from the foundation to the chimney top. So there is always something to build here. When we get rain for a few days and i am stuck inside i go nuts. Dont matter if the house is 5000 sq ft . We hate being inside

Kristin1234

it just mean this thread got off subject sort of. Anyway its cool. The wife and i are doing great. She has since put in the effort to make me happier and pretty sure she finally realized what i deal with at home and work. Being stuck in an rv for almost 3 yrs hasnt helped. But i expect to be in this house by the end of October. That will really help since the rv keeps having issues with everything like hot water and ac units. It will be so nice to have all new appliances a kitchen to actually make dinner at. Air conditioning and real heat plus hot water without having to go lite the burner outside the rv.not to mention alot more room.

Your floors look great! Did u do them yourself?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't aware of the rv deal. No wonder there was so much friction! You were always under her feet, so she put you to work building stuff outside. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, so a house with several rooms will make a lot of difference. Even happily married couples need their space...
No kidding! Had no idea you hadn't moved in yet. I would have gone SAW on everyone by now under those conditions.

deejeff0442

Been doing stamped concrete and that stain stuff for 30 yrs.
Ok wife got home . I am just feeling bad... i really tbink i need to leave. Its just i need to finish this house. I wont leave her high and dry. Yet i wont lose all the cash and labor in this property. If it werent for these animals i bet our marriage would be great. But it is what it is

deejeff0442

Ok now the wife just told me her brother who even she hasnt talked to in 10 yrs is coming end of October. I met the guy for 2 minutes at our wedding 14 yrs ago. I said the house better be done .he is supposed to live in the rv which i wanted to sell as soon as we got out. Seriously do women have ant common sense?

2quills

Ok now the wife just told me her brother who even she hasnt talked to in 10 yrs is coming end of October. I met the guy for 2 minutes at our wedding 14 yrs ago. I said the house better be done .he is supposed to live in the rv which i wanted to sell as soon as we got out. Seriously do women have ant common sense?
He's gonna live there?

Bro, are you sure he's not just a back up in case you leave or she tries to weasel you out of there so she'll have someone else to help her out around the property?

gemmy

That don't sound right. I would think that she would ask you before she just invited someone to stay there like that.

flower

Scratching my head... I'm a bit sensitive about brothers, mine died a few years ago... We used to fight, and we would make up, even after being years apart.

A brother is not a back up in case she kicks her husband out, and even if Jeff hasn't seen him in 14 years, and she hasn't talked to him in 10, a brother is a brother for LIFE. They must have talked and buried the hatchet, or she would not have offered to let him come... So she told him to come on down, and for that you think she is some kind of idiot without common sense???? I would never ask my husbands "permission" when it comes to family, I would just tell him I told my brother to come, and when he would be there. Stay in the RV does not mean live there forever, it means instead of a hotel room, she wants to let him stay in the RV...I don't understand what is so unreasonable about that.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I think the problem is that the house isn't ready. And if its not ready, that means everyone (including bro) will be sleeping in the RV! Yikes.

He may have asked to come, and you really can't say no when your family wants to visit. However, if the house isn't ready by that time, I would certainly let my bro know that the visit will need to be postponed. In any case, if Jeff is always dreaming about divorce and life after divorce, its not exactly a crime for wife to be thinking along the same lines, now is it?

deejeff0442

It isnt like a visit when she says 3 or 4 months. This just didnt pop up he was going to come last april but really no room .i dont believe its a back up. Since the dog thing happened she has been alot of fun to be around since i believe she figured the pecking order out. Now she has gotten on the dogs as soon as one barks. If it stays like this all will be good. I dont have a problem if he comes. Just would have been nice to be asked. Her sister is also coming but only for a few days. They are driving down so if the house isnt ready they will have to wait an extra week or 2. Its not like they bought a specific date for a flight. He is on permanent disability for his back so he dont have to come till the house is ready. Really not much more to do. I poured the concrete counters yesterday. So really just have a bunch of small things to go

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You going to post up some more pics now that things are finishing up?

deejeff0442

I did make sure i have a spot for my 90 gallon actually put a seperate wires outlet just for it so no problems sharing electric with anything else

flower

I did make sure i have a spot for my 90 gallon actually put a seperate wires outlet just for it so no problems sharing electric with anything else
I thought you were planning a 400g tank? Nothing wrong with a 90g, it's just that all this time I expected a 400g, because that's what you said in the beginning.

deejeff0442

Thats in the big house. I did this little 800 sq ft one 1st to get out of the rv. The other house has the foundation poured and metal framing up. I hope to be in that by next winter. This small one was my workshop .it still has the garage door on it. I just framed the inside. Down the road i can turn it back to a sweet work shop

deejeff0442

Update. .. all.is going great the wife really woke up and isbon the dogs for everything. That never happened. Life is good right now. The house is almost done maybe a few more weeks. A friend is coming over i a bit to finish the kitchen cabinets. Ordering my mini split air heat unit monday. Thats gunna be fun to put in. Looks easy and my good friend owns an ac company so he will do the final charging on it
My work picked up probably another reason the wife is happy.