DIY Stand

jes281

leona thank you ill read tonight when i get home from work so got to go for now..thank you again..:)

scott9311

Thanks Kevin! I wish I could take the credit for the design, but I got it from somewhere else (escapes me "who") a year ago. I'm glad it helped!!! That's why I posted it here:D

shiby1510

I used a stand calculator and i plan on somehwere btwn a 30g and 40g... it said to use 2x2's... obviously 3 supports... 1 on each end and a middle... would this be okay?

scott9311

Originally posted by shiby1510
I used a stand calculator and i plan on somehwere btwn a 30g and 40g... it said to use 2x2's... obviously 3 supports... 1 on each end and a middle... would this be okay?

Shiby... I'm not a structural engineer, so I don't want to say yes or no on that question:confused: I'm sure there are better qualified people here that could honestly answer you... Sorry:help:

scott9311

Originally posted by shiby1510

After thinking on it... it would seem that would be fine. I'd still get a few other opinions though, just to be safe.