Do you believe in evolution?

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
But God introduced man into the world right? So indirectly I suppose that means he introduced death into the world.
No, it means that he gave Man a free will. Do you regret that?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
No, it means that he gave Man a free will. Do you regret that?

Many christians do not believe in free will, but I suppose you do which is fine. However if God created everything that would mean he created evil and gave man the chance to choose it. So it seem logical to claim that God created evil. Could not have God created man but not have created evil and still give man freewill?

geridoc

your right the bible never disproved evolution it never talks about it at all and ive read the whole thing, evolution is a subject created by man to try and disprove the exsistance of God
Wrong - evolution is a subject created by human beings to try to explain objective observations about the living world given the knowledge that presently exists. Similarly, the religion is a creation of relatively primitive nomads to explain the living world, given the limits of the preexisting knowledge at the time. Evolution regards God's existence as irrelevant - She may or may not exist, it doesn't change the theory. There is nothing wrong with believing the Bible - in fact there may be some evolutionary advantages in doing so. A hot topic in evolutionary theory is why human beings, of all the animals, have this spiritual view of the universe. There is no trace of such an outlook in lower animals, and the question is "does this confer some kind of advantage on animals that try to place a supernatural explanation on everyday occurrences?"

reefreak29

ARE DINOSAURS IN THE BIBLE?
Dinosaur-like creatures are mentioned in the Bible. The Bible uses ancient names like "behemoth" (beh-HEE-moth) and "tannin." Behemoth means kingly, gigantic beasts. Tannin is a term which includes dragon-like animals and the great sea creatures such as whales, giant squids, and marine reptiles like the plesiosaurs (PLEE-see-oh-sors) that may have become extinct (died out).
The Bible's best description of a dinosaur-like animal is in Job chapter 40...
"Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feed on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God..."
-Job 40:15-19 (NIV)
The book of Job is very old, written after the worldwide flood of Noah's time and probably about 2,000 years before Jesus was born. Here God describes a great king of the land animals like some of the biggest dinosaurs, the Diplodocus and Apatosaurus. It was a gigantic plant-eater with great muscles and very strong bones. The long Diplodocus had leg bones so strong that he could have held three others on his back.
The behemoth were not afraid. They did not need to be; they were huge. Behemoth tails were so long and strong that God compared them to cedars--one of the largest and most spectacular trees of the ancient world.
After all the behemoth had died out, many people forgot about them. Dinosaurs were extinct and the fossil skeletons that are in museums today did not begin to be put together until about 150 years ago. Today, some people have mistakenly guessed that the behemoth mentioned in the Bible might be an elephant or a hippopotamus. But those animals do not have tails like the thick, tall trunks of cedar trees!

clown boy

Originally Posted by GeriDoc
Wrong - evolution is a subject created by human beings to try to explain objective observations about the living world given the knowledge that presently exists. Similarly, the religion is a creation of relatively primitive nomads to explain the living world, given the limits of the preexisting knowledge at the time. Evolution regards God's existence as irrelevant - She may or may not exist, it doesn't change the theory. There is nothing wrong with believing the Bible - in fact there may be some evolutionary advantages in doing so. A hot topic in evolutionary theory is why human beings, of all the animals, have this spiritual view of the universe. There is no trace of such an outlook in lower animals, and the question is "does this confer some kind of advantage on animals that try to place a supernatural explanation on everyday occurrences?"
Darwin's whole purpose of creating the theory of Evolution was to create an alternative to God...

jerthunter

Darwin's whole purpose of creating the theory of Evolution was to create an alternative to God...
WHAT?!? Where on earth did you get that information?

clown boy

Many christians do not believe in free will, but I suppose you do which is fine. However if God created everything that would mean he created evil and gave man the chance to choose it. So it seem logical to claim that God created evil. Could not have God created man but not have created evil and still give man freewill?
No. Freewill means that man can choose whether they want to follow God and do good or not, but at the same time, it doesn't mean that they will get away with it in the end.

geridoc

tall trunks of cedar trees!
Virtually all folklores are replete with claims of "behemoths", but creationists are unique in being able to simultaneously reject dinosaurs, and claim that the Bible describes them. The description of tall trunks of cedar trees is an euphemistic translation in the King James Bible, and likely refers to the

[hr]
, and the animal described is probably a bull.

jerthunter

No. Freewill means that man can choose whether they want to follow God and do good or not, but at the same time, it doesn't mean that they will get away with it in the end.
But where did evil come from? Did God create it or has evil always existed and therefore God did not create all thing?

reefreak29

well you cant believe in both, you either beleive in creation or evolution

geridoc

Darwin was a devout Christian, who whose non-evolutionary writings reflect his deep concern that he wasn't able to resolve what appeared to be a contradiction between the Christian God and his theories of evolution. He clearly did not set out to create an alternative to God, only to explain what his eyes saw.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by reefreak29
well you cant believe in both, you either beleive in creation or evolution
First that is a false statement, I know people who believe in creation and evolution.
Second, Darwin did not go out to disprove creation, he studied the adaptations of life and proposed a theory. I do not know Darwin's mind but I have seen no evidence that he went out to disprove the existence of God.

clown boy

From Darwin himself. Look up some of his quotes.
For instance:
"To have the unthinking masses accept all that I say would be calamity..."
"What is true in my book will survive, and that which is error will be blown away as chaff."
"To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
-Darwin

reefreak29

But where did evil come from? Did God create it or has evil always existed and therefore God did not create all thing?
evil didnt always exsist it was created when satan once an angle of God who he created fell from God satan is evil and created evil

clown boy

Darwin was a devout Christian, who whose non-evolutionary writings reflect his deep concern that he wasn't able to resolve what appeared to be a contradiction between the Christian God and his theories of evolution. He clearly did not set out to create an alternative to God, only to explain what his eyes saw.
In the latter years of his life, he was indeed. But during the years that he created the theory of Evolution, he was in rebellion to God and to his parents.

clown boy

First that is a false statement, I know people who believe in creation and evolution.
It's impossible to do so soundly...

clown boy

evil didnt always exsist it was created when satan once an angle of God who he created fell from God satan is evil and created evil
Correct.

jerthunter

From Darwin himself. Look up some of his quotes.
For instance:
"To have the unthinking masses accept all that I say would be calamity..."
"What is true in my book will survive, and that which is error will be blown away as chaff."
"To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
-Darwin

Um, WHERE in any of those quotes did you see Darwin claiming to be looking for an alternative to God? All I see is that he was troubled by his findings, alot of which has to do with the fact that he didn't have a lot of the information we have today about genetics.

reefreak29

if you were a devout christian you would know that God created man and not some ape that turned into a man by evolving

jerthunter

But God created Satan correct?