Do you believe in evolution?

ophiura

Originally Posted by lil' tanker
Well
1. The Mormons are in no way real Christians they believe something completely different IMO.
2. The Muslims aren't exactly Christians either In everyone's opinion I know.

Please be careful with your tone, your comments about "real Christians" can be misconstrued.

lil' tanker

Originally Posted by ophiura
Please be careful with your tone, your comments about "real Christians" can be misconstrued.
I'm sorry I just mean that they don't believe really the same things as many Christians believe and I personally do not consider them Christians. More like a break off of the church that I in many ways do not agree with

jerthunter

Originally Posted by ophiura

Latter
-Day Saints
I just realized I typed Ladder but you had already corrected me. Now I feel foolish...

jerthunter

Well
1. The Mormons are in no way real Christians they believe something completely different IMO.
2. The Muslims aren't exactly Christians either In everyone's opinion I know.
Please tell me what you mean by claiming the Mormons believe something completely different. Have you read the book of Mormon?
Same goes for Islam, have you bothered to read the Quran or do you just guess at what it says?

lil' tanker

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
I just realized I typed Ladder but you had already corrected me. Now I feel foolish...
I didn't even notice

lil' tanker

Please tell me what you mean by claiming the Mormons believe something completely different. Have you read the book of Mormon?
Same goes for Islam, have you bothered to read the Quran or do you just guess at what it says?
I have not read either but I can ask the same to you or have you read the Bible also. And also I know the jist of both and consider both somewhat interesting but somewhat false. They kind of base off parts of the Bible and then both go in a different direction. Allah you have to pray to at certain times and Mohammed who made the Koran up pretty much first went to his town with his story and they kicked him out (because there are proofs that he was kinda off his rocker) and so he went to another town where they believed him and thus The Koran. And as for the book of Mormon, they basically believe a guy who said that angels gave him golden tablets that only he was aloud to see and so he spoke what was on them in one room to people in another room so they could write it down. I frankly believe in my God and IMO not to offend anyone but the one true God because there is more evidence and we can't understand Him. If we could understand God like we can understand Allah, then God would be too human.IMO

jerthunter

I have not read either but I can ask the same to you or have you read the Bible also. And also I know the jist of both and consider both somewhat interesting but somewhat false. They kind of base off parts of the Bible and then both go in a different direction. Allah you have to pray to at certain times and Mohammed who made the Koran up pretty much first went to his town with his story and they kicked him out (because there are proofs that he was kinda off his rocker) and so he went to another town where they believed him and thus The Koran. And as for the book of Mormon, they basically believe a guy who said that angels gave him golden tablets that only he was aloud to see and so he spoke what was on them in one room to people in another room so they could write it down. I frankly believe in my God and IMO not to offend anyone but the one true God because there is more evidence and we can't understand Him. If we could understand God like we can understand Allah, then God would be too human.IMO

To answer your question, yes I have read the Quran, the Book of Mormon, and the Bible. Although I have only managed to read the bible completely. My knowledge of the Quran and the Book of Mormon is far more limited since I have only managed to read portions of the entire work.
As far as the 'jist' I would recommend you read or atleast talk to someone well educated in those faith's before you assume you 'know' what they believe.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Jmick
I look forward to it. Oh, I have many many many more for you as well.
when you look up bible contradictions on the net , about 3 sights down you will see bible contradictions answered

lil' tanker

To answer your question, yes I have read the Quran, the Book of Mormon, and the Bible. Although I have only managed to read the bible completely. My knowledge of the Quran and the Book of Mormon is far more limited since I have only managed to read portions of the entire work.
As far as the 'jist' I would recommend you read or atleast talk to someone well educated in those faith's before you assume you 'know' what they believe.
your right I should look into it more. Are you a Christian or just decided to read the Bible?

lil' tanker

Originally Posted by reefreak29
when you look up bible contradictions on the net , about 3 sights down you will see bible contradictions answered

LOL nice!

socal57che

Originally Posted by Jovial
What is the purpose of this thread?
I like to watch for your posts, specifically. The dancing milk carton makes me giggle.

I honestly thought it would get locked after jmick's cursing.

lil' tanker

It's supposed to be about evolution and I would start another thread about creation but I want to do a poll on it and don't know how
can anyone tell me?

jerthunter

your right I should look into it more. Are you a Christian or just decided to read the Bible?
As I have mentioned before, I do not believe this is the proper place to discuss my personal relgious beliefs.

socal57che

As I have mentioned before, I do not believe this is the proper place to discuss my personal relgious beliefs.
I agree here. A person definitely should not feel like they must defend their faith. If you wish to do so on your own accord, that's different.

reefreak29

It's supposed to be about evolution and I would start another thread about creation but I want to do a poll on it and don't know how
can anyone tell me?
i did it for you

socal57che

Originally Posted by reefreak29
i did it for you

A link would have been nice, now I have one extra click just to get there.

jovial

Originally Posted by socal57che
I like to watch for your posts, specifically. The dancing milk carton makes me giggle.

I honestly thought it would get locked after jmick's cursing.
Me too, and thanks. I dont think this is a winnable arguement for either side. I mean how can someone use science to argue against faith? How can one use faith to argue against science?

reefreak29

Originally Posted by socal57che
A link would have been nice, now I have one extra click just to get there.

lol, im sre it will get closed down shortly anyhow