Eel aggression

Haely

Hi, first time posting. I had a small-ish snowflake eel in a 75 gallon (her name is Rey) and today I got a yellow head eel who’s a bit bigger than Rey. Rey attempted to bite the newcomer right after he was introduced. Will she continue to attack him, or should they settle down after a while? Should I take the yellow head back? Thanks! ☺☺

jay0705

Its now her territory so aggression is normal. You don't hear of many people mixing eels. Generally its 1 per tank. Some will eat other eels. Your best bet is prob to return the new one

Haely

Its now her territory so aggression is normal. You don't hear of many people mixing eels. Generally its 1 per tank. Some will eat other eels. Your best bet is prob to return the new one
Okay so update they’ve settled down and are now just kinda ignoring each other. Would it maybe help if I moved some of the live rock and decorations around a bit?

Haely

Okay so update they’ve settled down and are now just kinda ignoring each other. Would it maybe help if I moved some of the live rock and decorations around a bit?
Oh yeah and Rey’s also back under her rock where she usually is

Haely

Just monitor and see what happens. Iam curious myself
Update Rey and Sunny the Gender Neutral Eel (named by my friend) are both doing fine. They’re just kinda chilling, Rey in her usual spot, and Sunny’s found a little cave in a corner on the opposite side of the tank. I woke up this morning and I couldn’t find Rey, but a couple hours later she poked her head out. :)

Haely

Excellent. How r they during feeding time?
So I fed them last night with my dad on opposite sides of the tank; Rey ate about as much as she usually does, and Sunny had ~2.5 silversides. I was actually really surprised because it took Rey a couple weeks before she would eat, and like 2 days in Sunny was going in for the kill I’m probably gonna feed them again on Wednesday, and then again on Saturday. I’ll keep posting updates for another week or two ☺☺ I love my noodle babies so much ❤❤❤

jay0705

Lol very good. Don't forget to mix up the food. Diff types of fish, squid, crab, ect

Haely

Lol very good. Don't forget to mix up the food. Diff types of fish, squid, crab, ect
Would it be safe to get like raw and unseasoned seafood from the grocery store? And de-shell lobsters/crabs from aforementioned store? Or should I stick with frozen stuff I can get at my lps, because it’s really hard to find time to get to the lps, but I go to the grocery store like 2+ times a week.

jay0705

Raw uncooked is fine. Just make sure its sw fish, ect. Sw critters have a diff chemical make up then fw

Haely

Update the eels are both doing fine, I’ve upgraded Rey (the snowflake) to longer tongs because she’s started deciding that my fingers look pretty tasty, and I feel really bad for her because she’s gonna be too big to fit in her favorite rock pretty soon. They really just ignore each other, and I’m gonna try to convince my parents to let me upgrade them to a bigger tank, because I keep trying to upgrade all my fish lol. I upgraded my betta from a 5 to a 10, upgraded my mollies from a 10 to a 20 (they originally went in the 40 but my damsel is a jerk), and I wanna put my guys in the 40 in the 75, hopefully upgrade the mollies to the 40, and upgrade the betta to the 20. I keep trying to get them all bigger tanks than they technically need lol