eel tank

salt life

Can't get a pic because I went to look closer and he went into the pipe. The parasite looked like a clear tube coming from the top of his mouth. not sure if it was the mucus coat they have or a parasite but looked like a parasite.
Pull him out and do what with him?
My chain link is already acting weird and breathing only through the left side the other gill side isn't moving.

I am so agrivated why do fish stores mess people over?! I feel like I screwed myself over by getting this eel and i hope i dont mess up my whole tank, I know it happens but it is upsetting.
Thanks for listening to me rant.

crypt keeper

do you have another tank laying around? You could do a water change on your main tank. Take out as much water needed. Put the Dragon in that tank then add the water. You need to get it out.
Not trying to be a ---- but they are in the business to sell you stuff. If it was fine in the store how is it their fault? That is why everybody on here stresses QT everything.
It happened to me. I was thinking ahhh. The fish are fine in the store. Im good. Brought home a hippo tang. I had no idea what Ick was. Killed $350 worth of fish. I had to tear the entire tank down. Clean it. Got rid of my rock and sand. I bought new everything. Luckly it was a small tank and I was an idiot. Thinking oh my fish will stay small. Started over. Instead went out bought a bigger tank and use my 30 long for qt tank now. In all that $75 hippo cost me about $875. New bigger tank. Filters. More rock. Sand. Lights yadda yadda yadda. Best thing that ever happened to me was this site and that fish.

salt life

I noticed the thing on the head of the eel in the fish store, the owner who has been in the fish business for 20plus years told me that it was normal for dragon morays to have that, so i trusted him and took it home, they said he was healthy and that i didn't need to worry about it. I understand where your coming from but when i called the fish store tonight they acted like fools and won't help me out because there is no garuntee on the fish so obviously they new something was up with the eel and didn't tell me and are now being jerks about it.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/2896303
I noticed the thing on the head of the eel in the fish store, the owner who has been in the fish business for 20plus years told me that it was normal for dragon morays to have that, so i trusted him and took it home, they said he was healthy and that i didn't need to worry about it. I understand where your coming from but when i called the fish store tonight they acted like fools and won't help me out because there is no garuntee on the fish so obviously they new something was up with the eel and didn't tell me and are now being jerks about it.
I wouldn't trust them again if that is what they told you and how they are acting. There is only one LFS that I trust and that is because my friend is the manager there. I still quarantine anything that I get from there or anywhere else. Not because of bad advice, but just because you never know what can come in on anything that you buy. You risk your entire stock in some cases by not quarantining. Just something to keep in mind for the future

salt life

Thanks Sep, I woke up this morning and the eel has died.
Gorgeous eel and it is very upsetting to fail with any fish but I guess that's how the hobby works, we can't win everytime

Haven't tested the water because im sure there is some issue then test it later..20g enough?

crypt keeper

Dude the really sucks.
You really should take pictures and try and find out what the parasite was. You never know. It could be something that has spread and can only be killed with medicine.