Emilaya101 and HappityLogan's Frag tank !

emilaya101

WE are starting a frag tank. We allready have all of the equipment and everything. I'm breaking down my 55, and using all of that equipment. Should be fairly easy. We plan on doing mostly soft corals, zoos, palys, ricordea, ect.
It will be a 20 long tank for the dt, and we will use a 29g 3-chamber sump, with ls, lr, and chaeto.
Fro the lighting, I have 2x 65 watt power compact ballasts and bulbs, and I have anothe ballast for two more bulbs, but I don't have the bulbs.
Im thinking 5 watts per gallon will be sufficient, though

We want a sixline for the DT, but other than that, no specifics yet, so please give us any and all tips, opinions, past experinces, etc. This is our first one !
Thanks all, and can't wait to get this thing going and get some feedback

paintballer768

Ah its relocated lol. I gotta touch on the watts per gallon rule though, thats not generally used anymore. With different methods of light, like T5, VHO, and Metal Halide, wattage per gallon seems to be a freshwater thing. 2x 65 watt should be ok for a 20 gallon long. Youll be able to keep zoos, softies, and some of the lesser light demanding LPS under those.

emilaya101

Yes, relocated ! I know, a I have a feeling as soon as it's up, we are going to go frag crazy

And about the watts per gallon, I know, but I think its handy with pc's, just for a rule of thumb, ya know

Just got the go ahead from logan on the leak test, so I'ma fill it now and hope that it holds

Gotta re seal the overflow box from the 55 tonight, too cause it has a small leak ( we already bought some silicone just in case
)

emilaya101

Ok, it's full. No visible leaks yet. I will leave it at least until tonight. Do you guys think that will be long enought to know for sure whether or not it leaks ?

awesome. A new thread!!!!!
so just two rules i think we should touch down on.
First and foremost, No crap talking, take it somewere else. this thread is for our tank, and nothing else... No comments that dont relate to the aquarium. Lets keep it on subject. please.
If we feel by any way that you arent sticking to these two guide lines, the only reprecautions we have on any of you, will be that you will recieve NO frags from us, ever.
I think thats about it. im not trying to be a damper on the mood, but ive already had two threads basically destroyed from people who have nothing better to do than hate on others.

Originally Posted by Emilaya101
http:///forum/post/2794498
It will be a 20 long tank for the dt, and we will use a 29g 3-chamber sump, with ls, lr, and chaeto.

i thoughted we decided that we were going to use the 10? Werent we just going to put the sand in the main tank? I dont want that huge sump in my living room. We could hide a 10g much easier...
im so excited!

nissan577

lol. wow happity you are excited and so am i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man we all want you to update your thread. alot of us are stoping rotary from posting. cmon man update! please

btw i cant wait! and post pics asap! lol

culp

in about about two months im going to be setting up a 29 gallon tank to be my frag tank. im going to have a 250mh lighting it.