Emilaya101 and HappityLogan's Frag tank !

yeah, there are two yumas in there. :) both of them are going in my 8 after they attach. They are super gorgeous mixture of green purplish pink, and they have these awesome pale gray streaks, the one in the pic has two, the one not shown only has one.
I used to have 3, but I tried to glue them to the lr in my 8, and within an hour all of them had fell off. I never could find the smallest one, so maybe it will attach itself somewere in the 8 and spread... :D

spanko

I hear you on the gluing, Ricordea slime up so much when you touch them it is amazing they attach to anything!

emilaya101

Hopefully soon, cause if not, the lil 8 will be covered in purple polyps

Seriously though. they're spreading like wildfire

They are spreading like crazy, and I need to break that piece up soon, its too big for my little 8 anyways,especially with the new gorgonian...
So, I'm going to do it soon, I am just nervous and dont want to mess them up. Any advice?
And also, they look blue, but they are the most vibrant purple that Ive seen on any coral. The pics just dont turn out how they look...
Im most likely going to cut my gorg in half too, its way to big, and takes up too much room, so let me know if you would be interested, and about how big of a piece, or the price you want to spend, and I'll frag a piece specially for yall....

spanko

On the clove rock fragging, remember how fast they are growing. Anything you do will be temporary anyway as they will grow over again.
Take a flat scredriver and a hammer and do a well placed whack on the rock. Have a container of saltwater sitting close by, mabe some water from out of the tank from a water change, do the break up and rinse off the pcs. in the container prior to putting them back in the tank or into the frag tank. Can't really mess this up IMO. Have done GSP in this manner before. You can keep breaking pc.s into smaller ones for frags. Then sell them to Nissan for money for more coral.

yeah, cept he wants everything for free :D which isnt gona happen. Im really looking for more of a trade, than selling, maybe Emily will sell her frags though

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2831749
emily? we want to buy! lol
i really wanna get some of those clove polyps! hurry up guys
emily doesnt have purple cloves, so you can try and buy some from her, but she doesnt have any.... they're mine, she has some frog spawn, we dont have any frags that are both of ours yet.
Anyways, when I woke up this morning, the return had came out of the tank and shot 10 gallons or more of sw all over my living room!
I guess Im not going to put clean laundry by my tanks anymore, thats for sure

So, needless to say, we're adding more water, I guess it was the tanks way of telling me it needs a water change. It sucked.

nissan577

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/2831859
emily doesnt have purple cloves, so you can try and buy some from her, but she doesnt have any.... they're mine, she has some frog spawn, we dont have any frags that are both of ours yet.
Anyways, when I woke up this morning, the return had came out of the tank and shot 10 gallons or more of sw all over my living room!
I guess Im not going to put clean laundry by my tanks anymore, thats for sure

So, needless to say, we're adding more water, I guess it was the tanks way of telling me it needs a water change. It sucked.

dam man that really sucks about what happnd. and i meant your clove polyps

emilaya101

Yeah, lol. We're both pretty mouthy

Makes for an interesting friendship

So.... I think we are going to go ahead and rebuild the shelving for the tank, as the first ones are apparently the first ones we have made

AND thae tomato clown in there is totally hosting the frogspawn, He's so cute :)