Emilaya101 and HappityLogan's Frag tank !

So, we built the shelves today, Emily helped with most of it, but she had to go to work, so I finished it up. It's not the best looking frag tank, but its a frag tank none the less. I had to use zipties to keep the shelves together, because the gel superglue was not keeping it held together. Also, I mismeasured were the overflow box was, and when I put the shelves in the middle one broke...
but it will still work, and it will hold the extremely light frags. All in all Im pretty safistified with the tank

heres the little broken part. right underneath the frogspawn :/

what does everyone think?

spanko

I think it will be just fine. Nice work. So do you and Emily want to frag coral for fun and profit, is that why the tank?

I have an 8g biocube and it is getting stocked pretty quick, she has a 29 biocube, same story...
SO, we are starting this tank as "fun", and to put all the excess in when we weed out our corals. Also our taste and styles for our tanks change alot, so we buy things that we only keep for a couple months, decide we dont want it anymore, and instead of selling it back to our lfs for dirt cheap, we are going to start keeping them in this tank and hopefully they will flourish and grow, and then we can frag those too. Also, if anything ever happens to one of our tanks, we can put all the livestock in here pronto.
BUT, all the money that we make off of the frags are going to go towards more expensive pieces that we have to wait on. Im a college student, and dont have much money to spend on this hobby, so I'm hoping this will help us out, and i wont have to be broke all the time.
and I love saltwater. I'd start a new tank every week if I could :p

nissan577

looking great! once you start selling let me know. im really interested in buying from you guys! awsome tank

Why upgrade the lights? These lights were split up on a 55, and the 55 did great. So, both of them combined over this give it like 5 or 6 watts per gallon. I dont remember what it was, but it was almost as much as a metal halide would put off.
Nope, we are sticking with these lights. They're good :)
plus, we arnt doing any sps, just lps.

Nissan. Im not going to post pics every time i get on dude. :D
soooo, today we are putting the first real frags in. Reverse gorilla nipples, rainbows, and green bay packers if anyone is interested.... As soon as we get some bone cutters, we will be fragging the frogspawn.

nissan577

ROTFLMFAO!
sorry guys ive been really busy! im here emilaya and happity and grubsnaek.
happity you said your gonna post more pics and nothing why is that? i really wanna see some of those frags so i can make my list already!
emilaya you know i love you! and i hope you give me a discount! lol

i cant wait for new pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and let me see those frags please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Carlos a.k.a Nissan and i approve this message

emilaya101

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2825852
ROTFLMFAO!
sorry guys ive been really busy! im here emilaya and happity and grubsnaek.
happity you said your gonna post more pics and nothing why is that? i really wanna see some of those frags so i can make my list already!
emilaya you know i love you! and i hope you give me a discount! lol

i cant wait for new pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and let me see those frags please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Carlos a.k.a Nissan and i approve this message

There we go nissan ! We got some life back in this thread !

Like I (as in me) said,no discounts. :D
only exclusive friends, ie ppl we like, for example, Spanko.

hahaha. im jk.
but I pretty much have the upper hand in this, the tank is at my house, so Im the boss
(jk again)
but for real, who post all the pics?

nissan577

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/2828638
Like I (as in me) said,no discounts. :D
only exclusive friends, ie ppl we like, for example, Spanko.

hahaha. im jk.
but I pretty much have the upper hand in this, the tank is at my house, so Im the boss
(jk again)
but for real, who post all the pics?
you did lol. but um fine no discount but atleast free shipping

spanko

Very nice Yuma here. Are you gonna put it in a display tank after it attaches to one of the pcs. of rubble in the container? Can't wait to see it spread out and what the colors develop into.