Favorite Bible Verse?

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Phixer
Is this one OK with you?
James 4:11
If it's your favorite...I have no problem with that one.

dcoyle11

Philippians 1-6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
IMO this is the verse that keeps on giving it has helped me many a time

hot883

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
LOL nice try, but it sits good as written. No anomosity nor any malice, just a strong difference in opinion in each others existance and merit. Plenty of study and plenty of time to come to this conclusion. Not an Athiest, Not anti-christian, just no longer part of the herd by choice I think is safest way to put it. To each thier own. That being said, I hope no one closes this thread, very much good can come from it learning and sharing verse and its signifigance with one another.
This is the way I view it. I am a Christian. I am saved by his blood. I know that believing in that and confess my sins to him, I shall be spared a horrible death.
Now; I would rather be wrong believing that, then be wrong not believing and have to pay the consequenses. Barry

shogun323

1 Corinthians 10:13 (The Message) No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

peter1215

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, andn lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct yourt paths.

pontius

Originally Posted by SaltyPete
ezekial 25:17

"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."
Tarantino kinda took liberties and added about 3 or 4 other verses worth of stuff for the movie version of ezekial 25:17

tx reef

Malachi Chapter 2 Verse 3.... :hilarious
Look it up.....
(Not really my favorite...but depending on what translation you have it is pretty funny :joy: )

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
Hey y'all!!! Not to offened anyone at all. Please don't get into any debates about anything that pertains to the Bible.
What is your favorite Bible verse?
Romans 10:9 Being saved all boils down to that verse. No bible near me but basically, "confess with you mouth that Jesus is the son of God and and know in your heart that he was raised from the dead, you will be saved." A true bargain we did nothing to earn, to gain eternal life!
Mc

shogun323

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Look it up.....
(Not really my favorite...but depending on what translation you have it is pretty funny :joy: )

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Romans 10:9 Being saved all boils down to that verse. No bible near me but basically, "confess with you mouth that Jesus is the son of God and and know in your heart that he was raised from the dead, you will be saved." A true bargain we did nothing to earn, to gain eternal life!
Mc
I really like that one!!!
I've confessed with my mouth and I have been saved...in January!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to get off topic but all of you NEED to read, "90 Minutes in Heaven". BEST BOOK I've EVER read!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy gets in a terrible car wreak, dies for 90 minutes and then he lives!!! He went to Heaven and came back. AMAZING!!!! He tells about his trip to Heaven in one of the chapters. It's AMAZING!!! hahaha.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Look it up.....

I have the NKJV and it's totally different from the NLV. Woh.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by hot883
This is the way I view it. I am a Christian. I am saved by his blood. I know that believing in that and confess my sins to him, I shall be spared a horrible death.
Now; I would rather be wrong believing that, then be wrong not believing and have to pay the consequenses. Barry
absolutly ive told many people this

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
I really like that one!!!
I've confessed with my mouth and I have been saved...in January!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to get off topic but all of you NEED to read, "90 Minutes in Heaven". BEST BOOK I've EVER read!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy gets in a terrible car wreak, dies for 90 minutes and then he lives!!! He went to Heaven and came back. AMAZING!!!! He tells about his trip to Heaven in one of the chapters. It's AMAZING!!! hahaha.
that is very good to hear ,what made u decide to do this

aztec reef

"if you will not hear, and if you will not take it to the heart, to give glory to My name," says the Lord of hosts, " I will send a curse upon you, and i will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to the heart.

ruaround

would have to be my favorite here...
mix in a shaker...1/2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz gin, 1/2 oz triple sec, 1/2 oz light rum,
1/2 oz tequila, 2 oz sour mix... add ice and shake... pour into a tall glass top with cola to taste, garnish with a lemon wedge and a maricino cherry... serve and enjoy... drink responsibly...

tx reef

Originally Posted by ruaround
would have to be my favorite here...
mix in a shaker...1/2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz gin, 1/2 oz triple sec, 1/2 oz light rum,
1/2 oz tequila, 2 oz sour mix... add ice and shake... pour into a tall glass top with cola to taste, garnish with a lemon wedge and a maricino cherry... serve and enjoy... drink responsibly...

:notsure: