Favorite Bible Verse?

sepulatian

I love all Proverbs. They are all just little quotes of wisdom. A few ones to pick out of all of them:
Proverbs 19:3 Some peope ruin themselves by their own stupid actions and then blame the Lord.
Provebs 20:20 If you curse your parents, your life will end like a lamp that goes out in the dark.
Proverbs 28:25 It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe.
Proverbs 30:18-19 There are four things that are too mysterious for me to understand: an eagle flying in the sky, a snake moving on a rock, a ship finding it's way over the sea, and a man and woman falling in love.
What I take from proverbs is wisdom into my own life. Don't hate anyone, try not to harbor harsh feelings, and remember that we all have opinions and thoughts that we are entitled to. Oppinions are just that, don't bash each other for not seeing things the way you do, don't get mad over silly things. It is not us who count, it is God. Never forget that. We are only here for a short while, his love is everlasting. I saw in a post the other day, and I can't recall who said it though I would like to know, "Don't sweat the small stuff; It is all small stuff"

ifusayso

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
I really like that one!!!
I've confessed with my mouth and I have been saved...in January!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to get off topic but all of you NEED to read, "90 Minutes in Heaven". BEST BOOK I've EVER read!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy gets in a terrible car wreak, dies for 90 minutes and then he lives!!! He went to Heaven and came back. AMAZING!!!! He tells about his trip to Heaven in one of the chapters. It's AMAZING!!! hahaha.
I read this book, still have it. I agree it was a very good book. My dad had what we call his "trip to heaven" the night before he passed.

autofreak44

Originally Posted by AGENT-X
God (or Jesus) and I get along just fine.
It's his fan clubs I have a problem with.
couldnt have said it better my self.

jrandolph1

Wow! It's good to see that there are other Christians here. This is one of my favorites:
1 John 4:20
" If someone says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?"
For me, it's not about religion, it about a relationship.
On the subject of books, there is a CD series called "Affabel" by John Bevere that absolutely opened my eyes to my own soul. If you have not heard it yet, you owe it to yourself to give it a listen.
~Dana~

rylan1

There was a time in my life where I didn't attend church for a long time as in a few years. We apparently got "out of the loop". I felt that I needed to be closer to God. Then in November a classmate passed away in a very tragic car accident. My friend was driving but got out without hardly any scratches.
The classmate who passed away was a GREAT Christian. I made a CD and dedicated the entire thing to him and I had the blessing of playing the "main" song I wrote at his Candle Light Service on December 10th. What a blessing that was!!!!
So I decided I need to change the way I live and live for Him starting in January. Now every week I can't wait to go to church!!! My sister and I started going back to church in January. We were baptized in a Methodist church but we decided to go to a Church of God church. Lets just put it this way...I was at Home when I first stepped into church again.

Now I'm in the band at church and I'm praisin' the Lord as if He's coming today, everyday. I did forget to bring my guitar last Wednesday...the Pastor got mad at me.
I didn't hear the end of it either. He said before I left, "I was gonna make you pick something for us but you didn't have your guitar. You better bring it next time."

Well that's a long story short...I guess.

That's wonderful, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but I know that its a bitter sweet feeling because you miss him, but know that he is in the presense of the Lord. But for a lot of people this is what it takes to get them back into the flock....A life changing event... sad it has to be like that sometimes.... I think the people who don't have a relationship with God all seem to be searching for something, in my experiences with people this seems to always be true...they are either trying to find themselves or are using people or things in attempt to fill that void they feel in their lives...Did you feel like this before??? Or what is your opinion?

mr. guitar

I was just tryin to put my life back together. I was basically looking for me and wondering where my faith went. Like you said! haha. I totally agree with you!!! Now I can't get enough of the word of God and Jesus!!! hahaha.
Right now I'm reading an awesome book called, "Our God is Awesome". I've only read about 10 pages and it's AWESOME already! hahaha. Ever read it?
What's even better is a couple of my friends and I are talkin about makin a church in the future! It's gonna be a Church of God Church somewhere in town. Since we don't have money to build a church we are probably gonna preach in someone's house then but when God blesses us with the money we'll build a church! I can't wait!!!!
God Bless!!!!!

rylan1

Never read it...
It can be done though (starting a church) pray about it......My church started that way 30 years ago, now its the largest church in the city with like 5000 members...It started with 6 members

mimzy

mine is from the Old Testament...being Jewish and all :eek:)
In Parshat Lech-L'cha of Bereishit (Genesis is the English translation, I believe), when Hagar flees the house of Abraham an Angel comes to her and asks;
"Where have you come from, and to where are you going?"
I love that he didn't mean it literally.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Never read it...
It can be done though (starting a church) pray about it......My church started that way 30 years ago, now its the largest church in the city with like 5000 members...It started with 6 members
6 Members to 5,000?! That's a bunch of people. hahaha. Have you seen Hillsong's, Rod Parsley's, or Joel Osteen's church? I've only seen pictures online but they are huge!!!
Do you preach?

clown316

my favorite would be... dora the explorer 6:1... jk... i would tell you my favorite verse but im not to familiar with the Bible... thats pretty bad for someone who goes to church every sunday and attends confirmation class... and to think im going to be confirmed in a month!!

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Mimzy
mine is from the Old Testament...being Jewish and all :eek:)
In Parshat Lech-L'cha of Bereishit (Genesis is the English translation, I believe), when Hagar flees the house of Abraham an Angel comes to her and asks;
"Where have you come from, and to where are you going?"
I love that he didn't mean it literally.
I like that! haha.
This is random/ sorta stupid to ask (hahaha)...What languages can you speak?

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by clown316
my favorite would be... dora the explorer 6:1... jk... i would tell you my favorite verse but im not to familiar with the Bible... thats pretty bad for someone who goes to church every sunday and attends confirmation class... and to think im going to be confirmed in a month!!

Get to work!!!

clown316

oh and... this might sound terrible... but... i cant wait until i am confirmed.. my confirmation gift is a new 90 gallon oceanic tank - tech series.. with starphire glass... Yippeeee!!!!!!!!

mr. guitar

Not to offend you in anyway but that's terrible!!! hahaha. Sorry but could you please remind me what confirmation is?

clown316

i know its terrible.. but that 90 gallon sounds nice!!!.. lol... confirmation is... when you are confirmed.. like when you are accepted into the church and they welcome you as a member... most people get money as a confirmation gift but ill stick with the 90 gallon tech tank

mimzy

I like that! haha.
This is random/ sorta stupid to ask (hahaha)...What languages can you speak?

I'm not too sure, but I believe this question was directed toward me. I speak English and Hebrew.

T

tizzo

confirmation is... when you are confirmed.. like when you are accepted into the church and they welcome you as a member... most people get money as a confirmation gift but ill stick with the 90 gallon tech tank

Is that a specific religion?? Cause I never got anything cool when I joined my church...
Course it split, so I have another shot at it... KIDDING!!
But seriously, IS it specific to one particular religion?