Favorite Bible Verse?

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Rylan1
We all knowingly commit sins and they are forgiven, but sometimes it seems unfair because we know that a dilberate action is a sin, and that it will beforgiven, but we do it anyway... Seems like we shouldn't deserve His mercy. What a great God we have!!
I know!!! Our God is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by reefreak29
so whats everyones favorite book in the bible.
ill cheat because i like the first 4 the best ive read it at least 12 times
I like all of the New Testement, Pslams, and Genesis.

seasalt101

god everyone impresses me so much with there vast knowledge on this site, it is so diverse in so many areas impressive! mine call me simple but genesis 1-1 in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth without that there is nothing tobin

seasalt101

train up a child in the way he should go and when he is grown he will not depart from it...the great thing about that one is it's totally true

reefreak29

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Numbers Chpt 22 is a great story. Balaam's reaction to his donkey talking to him is classic.
yep thats pretty cool thats what u get for beating your donkey

grumpygils

Originally Posted by clown316
someone asked what religion you get confirmed in... its actually christian.. protestant (sp?) to be more specific..
Catholic too

mr. guitar

This is a random question...Anyone heard of Tommy Bates? My friend let me borrow one of his CD's called "Victory in Praise". It's AWESOME!!!!

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
My favorite Bible verse is Romans 8:37-39.
Nice verse!!!!
I know there are more of you with favorite Bible verses!

jmick

As for you, son of man, prophesy: Thus says the Lord GOD against the Ammonites and their insults: A sword, a sword is drawn for slaughter, burnished to consume and to flash lightning, because you planned with false visions and lying divinations to lay it on the necks of depraved and wicked men whose day has come when their crimes are at an end. Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken. (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)
or
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Jmick
As for you, son of man, prophesy: Thus says the Lord GOD against the Ammonites and their insults: A sword, a sword is drawn for slaughter, burnished to consume and to flash lightning, because you planned with false visions and lying divinations to lay it on the necks of depraved and wicked men whose day has come when their crimes are at an end. Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken. (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)
or
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)
soooo. are these your favorite versus?