Favorite Bible Verse?

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by reefreak29
that is very good to hear ,what made u decide to do this
There was a time in my life where I didn't attend church for a long time as in a few years. We apparently got "out of the loop". I felt that I needed to be closer to God. Then in November a classmate passed away in a very tragic car accident. My friend was driving but got out without hardly any scratches.
The classmate who passed away was a GREAT Christian. I made a CD and dedicated the entire thing to him and I had the blessing of playing the "main" song I wrote at his Candle Light Service on December 10th. What a blessing that was!!!!
So I decided I need to change the way I live and live for Him starting in January. Now every week I can't wait to go to church!!! My sister and I started going back to church in January. We were baptized in a Methodist church but we decided to go to a Church of God church. Lets just put it this way...I was at Home when I first stepped into church again.

Now I'm in the band at church and I'm praisin' the Lord as if He's coming today, everyday. I did forget to bring my guitar last Wednesday...the Pastor got mad at me.
I didn't hear the end of it either. He said before I left, "I was gonna make you pick something for us but you didn't have your guitar. You better bring it next time."

Well that's a long story short...I guess.

tx reef

Originally Posted by ruaround
its a Long Island Recipe... from the Bartenders Bible...

I knew what the recipe was (I love Long Island Ice Tea), I didn't know that the recipe book was called the Bartenders Bible......makes sense now.

30-xtra high

Originally Posted by hot883
This is the way I view it. I am a Christian. I am saved by his blood. I know that believing in that and confess my sins to him, I shall be spared a horrible death.
Now; I would rather be wrong believing that, then be wrong not believing and have to pay the consequenses. Barry
might have worded it wrong, i dunno.. but in my church, being saved doesn't stop you from dieing a horrible death, stops you from dieing a horrible eternal death (going to Hell)
and Mr. Guitar, thats great!

reefreak29

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
might have worded it wrong, i dunno.. but in my church, being saved doesn't stop you from dieing a horrible death, stops you from dieing a horrible eternal death (going to Hell)
and Mr. Guitar, thats great!

i knew what he meant

nigerbang

Ezekiel 25:17
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."
Thought it was great BEFORE Pulp Fiction but it added to the movie very nicely

socal57che

Hard to pick a favorite.
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Jmick
I like these...god is ever merciful and loving!
Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)
or
"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB
or
The Lord has made everything for his own ends, even the wicked for the evil day. (Proverbs 16:4 NAB)
or
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

i love when u try to point out negatives.and twist meanings
jeremiah 50:21 -god destroys babylon because they are wicked.
psalms 137:9-god destroyed babylon.the phrase about the infants is harsh because the psalmist is crying out for judgment (treat the babylonians the way they treated us)
leviticus 20:13-why the exteme harsh punishment? god has no tolerence for such acts for the following reasons 1.they shatter the mutual commitment of married partners.2.they destroy the sactity of the family.3.they twist peoples mental well being.4.they spread disease.
God had very good reasons for prohibiting sexual sin.he loves us and wants the very best for us

andy51632

How about, " Hope, faith, and love are some of the gifts that god has given us, but the greatest is love."
Very beatiful passage, and yes there are a lot of ugly passages that were mention previously in this thread. Consider this, would it not be easy to attack a city, kill everyone in it including women and child, and then say God told you to do it. THIS IS NOT THE GOD I KNOW. The one that talks to me everyday. The one that tells me to love others. I believe the bible is the word of God written by MEN. It did not drop down from heaven. It was actually created by the early catholic church. They voted on what books should appear in the bible and which ones shall not.
People that spread the hate in the bible and say that it is Gods word are wrong and are doing a big disservice to God.
IMO

Not much of a religious man myself, but if I had to pick one, the on about the chicken and the egg pertaining to which one came first. (sorry if I don't know where it is or anything)

aztec reef

Originally Posted by almostclueless
Not much of a religious man myself, but if I had to pick one, the on about the chicken and the egg pertaining to which one came first. (sorry if I don't know where it is or anything)
here's what i know about that. the chicken came first, cause without a chicken there would'nt be no egg.
i know what your thinking! that without egg there wouldn't be no chicken.
the fact is that god made animals not eggs!! so figure it out.. :notsure:

1journeyman

My favorite verse depends on what I'm going through at the moment.
Right now I'm in a pretty rough spot so Jeremiah 29:11 lifts me up: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

poniegirl

Not just one:
Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
Corinthians 2 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Romans 12:20 If thine enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him drink.
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath, but grievous words bring anger.
Even if one choses to use the words as a guidline and not a personal walk, we all win if folks would read this book.