Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

ci11337

I agree, but it looked better before i shrank it...I called TRS and my starki damsel isn't any better...is your fungia still alive?

jayc

Sorry to hear about your anthias. Your tank looks great!! I'm sure I've already asked, but what kinda lights do u have?
-Josh

fedukeford

Theres stilll a little orange left in the fungia but im 99% sure its gonna die.... im worried i really screwed up the tank tonight, i did a 30 gallon waterchange and NOTHING looks good
if stuff starts dieing from this..... i dont know what i'll do, probley just go FOWLR....
as for lights, i have 2x250 watt 10,000K halides, with 2x140 (im pretty sure, might be 160 watt) 6' VHO's

fedukeford

My dad is putting in a order right now for: MEdium male blue jaw trigger, larger cleaner shrimp, 50 blueleg hermits, and 12 super tongan nass snails!

jayc

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Theres stilll a little orange left in the fungia but im 99% sure its gonna die.... im worried i really screwed up the tank tonight, i did a 30 gallon waterchange and NOTHING looks good
if stuff starts dieing from this..... i dont know what i'll do, probley just go FOWLR....
as for lights, i have 2x250 watt 10,000K halides, with 2x140 (im pretty sure, might be 160 watt) 6' VHO's
Thats exactly what I have. If the vho's are 6ft they are 160watts each.
-Josh

ci11337

My dad is putting in a order right now for: MEdium male blue jaw trigger, larger cleaner shrimp, 50 blueleg hermits, and 12 super tongan nass snails!
Nice! I wish i could get a bluejaw...Your rockwork looks alot better. Your cleaner shrimps sure like it. Man that first pic makes me miss my foxface...

fedukeford

Well i was talking to some people on a different message board, and they kinda talked me out of the blue jaw, i think im probley going to go with a tomini tang instead

ci11337

fedukeford said:
Well i was talking to some people on a different message board, and they kinda talked me out of the blue jaw, i think im probley going to go with a tomini tang instead
Personally i like the blue-jaws, Oh-well. Tomini tangs are cool too. You definatly like the "different'' tangs, (kole,tomini,) almost everyone with a big enough tank gets a yellow or blue. Well i just got a new fish!! It's a keyhole angel, it was in one of the display reefs at a LFS for a month or two and they recently remodeled the tank so they sold the keyhole to make way for a multicolored angel. In the tank tank at the store he was in with clams, feather dusters, LPS, and SPS so figured Why not. In my tank he hasn't bugged any corals but i caught him nipping my feather duster so i might trade it in,(the duster) Heres a pic, but something is still screwed up with my camera, when you try and zoom in it shuts off... :notsure: BTW: Don't go FOWLER on us!!!

fedukeford

Nice angel.... im not gonna go FOWLR i was (and am still) pretty upset about loosing $150+ of coral in a couple weeks (red brain, fungia, and now the digi is going)

ci11337

Nice angel.... im not gonna go FOWLR i was (and am still) pretty upset about loosing $150+ of coral in a couple weeks (red brain, fungia, and now the digi is going)
I'm pretty upset too,
i was ready to trade in my feather duster for the angel but now she crossed the line...she's nipping at two of my favorite corals, (brain and candy cane
) just look at my poor brain
...i'm gonna take her back tomarow,(lfs closed for today) but if she kills my brain before then i'm gonna use the shop vac... :mad:JK

ci11337

lol that sucks... had you even seen the angel nipping at coral in the LFS tank?
Nope,
thats what i hate the most,
it's just my luck.
It was in a nice 75 gallon,
full blown reef and it never bugged a thing
...(She was even in with clams!!!!)

reef diver

Hey feduke, about that water change, your stuff shouldn't die, everything in my tank looked bad last week when I added my new refuge, but now everything is WAY better than it was, so no worries, especially in a tank your size, youll be fine. :)

fedukeford

That what i WISH would happen... but im not as lucky as you, the fungia and brain are both already dead, each are bleach white, but i think theres still hope for the digi beacuse it hasent been getting any worse for a couple days!

fedukeford

Just got my livestock order in from an online site. They were pretty awsome prices. i got:
6" kole tang ($25)
12 cerith snail, 12 mexican turbo snails, 12 nerite snails ($25)
9 ricordea yuma ($20, was only supposed to be 5 poylps!)
5 Ricordea florida ($20, was only supposed to be 1-2 polyps!)
4x4" zoo rock COMPLETLY coverd in what looks like blue and yellow zoos ($20)
Everything looks great soo far, the zoos are almost fully opend, and the rics are opening up. The tang didnt get acclimated because my mom folded over the edges of the bag like the acclimation instructions said to do to get it some oxygen, but the bag must have tipped over shortly after she did it beacuse she came back 5 min later to see the bag empty. The tang is now floating/swimming 1cm from the sand, breathing almost normally. Im hoping they normally do this, and it isnt dying.
Ill post pics tomarrow since the halides are off for the rest of the day
Feduke

reef diver

That what i WISH would happen... but im not as lucky as you, the fungia and brain are both already dead, each are bleach white, but i think theres still hope for the digi beacuse it hasent been getting any worse for a couple days!
Well, when i said u should be fine I meant on the healthy things. It sucks that you lost them. What should I google to find this site?

ci11337

Just got my livestock order in from an online site. They were pretty awsome prices. i got:
6" kole tang ($25)
12 cerith snail, 12 mexican turbo snails, 12 nerite snails ($25)
9 ricordea yuma ($20, was only supposed to be 5 poylps!)
5 Ricordea florida ($20, was only supposed to be 1-2 polyps!)
4x4" zoo rock COMPLETLY coverd in what looks like blue and yellow zoos ($20)
Everything looks great soo far, the zoos are almost fully opend, and the rics are opening up. The tang didnt get acclimated because my mom folded over the edges of the bag like the acclimation instructions said to do to get it some oxygen, but the bag must have tipped over shortly after she did it beacuse she came back 5 min later to see the bag empty. The tang is now floating/swimming 1cm from the sand, breathing almost normally. Im hoping they normally do this, and it isnt dying.
Ill post pics tomarrow since the halides are off for the rest of the day
Feduke
Nice! i had a fish get out of the bag once during acclimation once too, (one of my clowns) ***)