Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

ci11337

Just got back from TRS!! :joy: I must've missed you, i was there from 12-1. I got a huge green alveapora and some green star polyps. They had this really cool damsel called a starki (sp?) that I wanted but it looked like it had velvet so Tom said he'll hold him and I can pick him up when he gets better. If Fedukeford got there shortly after I left $20 says he comes back with a kole tang!! (and maybe a bartlet (sp?) anthias) BTW; would post pics but camera needs batteries or something...

reef diver

Originally Posted by stimpy4242
I certainly agree that the more space you have the better, but don't give up entirely. You can certainly recreate a layout like his or something different than a wall. Just be creative. Again, just something to take it further, still looks good as it is.

Yeh, I understand, I made some mistakes during my design, Im still not entirely sure what I was aiming for. I think for a more natural aquascape in a tank like a 55, much smaller rocks are needed.

fedukeford

Thanks for the comments i might try to redo the rockwork a little, but it really does look 10x better in person.
CI11337- if anyone had bet with you, you woulda been $20 richer. I had been about to order a kole tang online but i figured id wait until after the reef shoppe to see if they have any, the person who bought the last kole tang was walking out the door as i was walking in, so i got the barletts anthias instead. I also got a med bubble coral, 6" German Blue Digi, 3" Green Birdsnest, and a green tipped hammer (5 heads), i was also eyeing those red blastos but didnt really want(or have the money) to pay $100 for them
ill post pics tommarrow after i change my 14K halides to the new 10K's

ci11337

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Thanks for the comments i might try to redo the rockwork a little, but it really does look 10x better in person.
CI11337- if anyone had bet with you, you woulda been $20 richer. I had been about to order a kole tang online but i figured id wait until after the reef shoppe to see if they have any, the person who bought the last kole tang was walking out the door as i was walking in, so i got the barletts anthias instead. I also got a med bubble coral, 6" German Blue Digi, 3" Green Birdsnest, and a green tipped hammer (5 heads), i was also eyeing those red blastos but didnt really want(or have the money) to pay $100 for them
ill post pics tommarrow after i change my 14K halides to the new 10K's
Ha! I called that, that anthias was amazing, but if i put him in my tank my square anthias woulda destroyed him. Bummer about the kole. I was drooling over the red blastos too but I already have some green ones so I opted out. You gotta post a pic of the "birdsnest" IDK what that is. Thoose green hammers were sweet too. i hope my damsel gets better...

fedukeford

Zanski- ya i dont think i have 1 piece of base rock that looks like baserock anymore
ci11337- i REALLY wanted those blastos, mabey next time if they are still there (ya right), Birdnest is a SPS coral, its kinda brown with green polyps, it was in the first tank right when you walk in, on the piece of eggcrate closest to the door

ci11337

fedukeford said:
Zanski- ya i dont think i have 1 piece of base rock that looks like baserock anymore
ci11337- i REALLY wanted those blastos, mabey next time if they are still there (ya right), Birdnest is a SPS coral, its kinda brown with green polyps, it was in the first tank right when you walk in, on the piece of eggcrate closest to the door
I was there for an hour and I saw 3 people, (aside from me) drooling over them,(blastos) they're probably gone now! I have/had 2 pieces of base rock, (the 2 huge ones on the ends) and it only took like two months for them to "purple up" Ohh birdsnest = SPS, that's why i didn't know what it was. I only have 260 watts of PC's on my 55 = no SPS. Good choice on getting the cleaner shrimp, he will soon become a great pet..

fedukeford

There was like 7 people there (not counting the teenager and his little sis (i think) that left shortly after i got there).... i really wanted the shrimp i got today because i really like the look of the shrimp and how they crawl on me whenever im working in the tank ( i already had 3 peps, 1 cleaner, and 1 blood)

ci11337

your cleaners and blood get along? I would like a blood but I was afraid they'd kill eachother. (especially in a 55) Let's see some pics!! ***)

fedukeford

Yup they get along fine, never even saw they never even get close to each other. Ill go take some pics right now

fedukeford

Well i dont know what happend, but my anthias is sitting on the sad bed dieing with what looks like sting marks on its sides, and breathing heavily

ci11337

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Well i dont know what happend, but my anthias is sitting on the sad bed dieing with what looks like sting marks on its sides, and breathing heavily
Was it the foxface? mabe he stung it...If you can post pics...

fedukeford

Its already dead, no clue what happend, all the parameters are good. I dont think it coulda been the foxface beacuse i didnt see them near each other and there werent any stab marks on the anthia, only sting marks... there $60 down the drain

heres some pics of the new stuff i got(and a pic of the anthias while it was still alive)
German Blue Digi (still coloring up)it got fragged on the way up so i have 1 6" colony and 3 2" frags

Green Birdsnest which also got fragged into 2 smaller frags

Green Bubble

ci11337

That sucks, did a coral sting it? I'm as good as dead, i was takeing care of my cousins pair of discus while he was in FL and one of 'em died!!
There is absolutly no explanation, I went in to feed them and one was dead :notsure:... on a happier note while my uncle was here for X-mas he took some pics of my tank with his $900 camera. (he's a photographer) Any way he just sent me some so here...BTW I really like your new bubble and hammer corals...