Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

fungia is pretty much 3/4 covered in algea, but it still has some color, for some reason the red in the brain is turing really light, then turing white, so im kinda worried about it, anyone have any suggestions?

fedukeford

ya i held the fungia infront of a seio 880 ( or whatever # the one is thats near 800) for like a minute at diff angles to get as much algea off as possible

ci11337

Sorry about your Mom, (and your fungia) If you go to the reef shoppe let me know date/time, if it's after X-mas I'll be going soon anyways. I think a swallowtail might be overkill.... :notsure:

ci11337

I wonder if lamarck, (sp?) angels are smaller, they're just like swallowtails, just not as colorfull...

fedukeford

They dont really know yet, my dad just woke up to her haveing a seizure, and then he couldnt wake her up so he called the ambulance, and it took them 25 minutes to get her to wake up, but shes ok now

fedukeford

Thanks...
im still debating over which 2 large fish I want, i have a list of possible ones, but not sure which 2 yet:
wantabe angel
swallow tail angel
regal angel
majestic angel
kole tang
powder blue tang
hippo tang
bluethroat trigger
pink tail trigger
anyone have any suggestions?

fedukeford

since the powder browns and blues are pretty much the same, i picked the blue because i like the color A LOT better, they browns just seem kinda... dull

bronco300

youd be surprised once ya get him in your tank...that yellow/orange rim just...whew....but thats me, i didnt care for the blue much

fedukeford

if can find either the blue or brown locally id get it, i just think the blue looks better... but ive never seen a brown except for in pictures so it probley look nice than i think

bronco300

at first in a bare store tank they dont look that great, but once in the tank i think they just spruce everything up and their bright edges come out like crazy, when i had one it swam around in and out of caves, loved watching it

fedukeford

How hardy was it? like did it have ich on the first day you put it in the tank? did u QT it? also what did it die from (im assuming it died since you said when you HAD one)?

bronco300

it never seemed to go ich...it was probably 5 or so months ago when i had him, and he lasted maybe a month, i had a hard time keeping up with my tanks at the time with work...but the thing i noticed a day or two before he died was his color was fading some, not a ton, but it was noticable.

ci11337

I wasn't sure what a wantabe angel was so i searched it and You should definatly get one. Also I'm pretty sure the regal angel/majestic angel would eat all your zoos. And I'm no expert but wouldn't a PB tang bug your clown and fiefish? All the books/sites say their aggresive but I don't know who/what to trust anymore. I would go with the wantabe angel, a blue hippo tang, and then one of the triggers. (That's just my $.02) or you could swap the kole tang for the blue hippo, koles are cool too. They had one at the reef shoppe last week, probably gone now though..