Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

uhoh, i hope mine lives, do you know why yours died?? like did you get them all from the same store or something?

sign guy

they were just scared and they did not eat.and yeah they came from the same store.
perfect fish for the QT

fedukeford

just got the shipment in, the only DOA is a pepermint shrimp, but i dont know if the others will live much longer because the royal dottyback is attacking them like crazy so i guess ill have to find some way to catch it.... the place i got it from sent really nice stuff, like i orderd 1 florida ric on a golf ball sized rock, they sent me 3 on a baseball sized rock. Does anyone know a good way to catch the dottyback?

reefrobert

Do you check your Ca level?
Just wondering if your rocks are sucking it up?
When using RO water, the Ca in the water gets filter out some-what.

fedukeford

The clown gobey died shortly after i got it acclimated, i think the royal gamma beat it to death, i really need to get it outta there

reefkprz

I'm just gonna say WOW. really starting to shape up. I get the feeling it will look spectacular when done.

fedukeford

wow, thanks, im hoping it will look at least OK, im probley going to be ording 6 different types or rics soon from a online site, they are only like $10 each (im getting steel blue, blue with green tips, orange, orange/blue, green with blue tips, and theres one more i forgot)

mrsdorothy

Tank looks nice. After reading how your royal was pestering the peppermint shrimp, I am beginning to wonder if mine is mia or has become a meal. I have't saw their eyes glowing in the dark since my blackcap decided to come out of hiding.

sign guy

Originally Posted by fedukeford
Do you guys think i could have a sailfin tang if it was my ONLY tang, and i had a somewhat low bioload?
i think a sailfin would do fine in there

fedukeford

my pepermint seem to be out ALOT so yours either found a really good hiding spot, or its probley dead
ive heard that sailfins need 135 gallon + but i figured if its the only tang, and the only large fish it should be ok

fedukeford

do you guys think a blue tang and a swallowtail angel would be compatable?? the angel should be added first right?

fedukeford

thanks, ill get some new ones soon, i changed the rock a lil, and in a couple weeks im adding the remaing 75 lbs of rock from my 55 into my 125 for a grand total of around 275-300 lbs in the main tank, and 50 in the fuge, i have NO CLUE how i got that much......