Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

fedukeford

just moved 75 lbs of live rock, and around 20 corals into my 125 (im using the light that was on my 55 for a few days) all the corals are in the center to make sure they get enough light. All opend within 5 minutes of being in the tank.
i finally caught the royal gamma, and added the bicolor blenny from the 55. Next will probley be my one clown left over from the 55 and probley another clown since they are on sale tommarow (50% off SW fish every month on the 31 , only months that go to 31 days)

fedukeford

i added a black percula clown today, got it for $30!! Its already in the tank and swimming around (i still need to get a QT, i think i might just QT the more delicate fish , and all fish added after the delicate fish) ill probley post pics tommarrow

fedukeford

lol, thanks, im going to one of the best reef stores in NY ( the reef shoppe) on the 23rd of november, and ive been saving up for it for 2 months now so by then ill have enough money to get afew really nice corals!! and by then i should have the MH's set up

poniegirl

Nicely done! You should be congratulated (um, congrats!). That is a beautiful tank!
By the way, all rockwork "sucks" when it's bare. I bet it won't be long and you won't even be able to see much rock at all.
:happyfish

fedukeford

Thanks, im hoping to get some really nice ric rocks in rochester, ive wanted some for a LOOOOOONG time
wow, i just noticed i spelled feduke wrong in the title to this thread... oops...

fedukeford

just orderd the VHO retrofit kit, bulbs, and more berlin socks (im going through 1-2 per week, is this normal??) they should be here in a couple days, and the MH's and VHO's will be set up by next weekend

sign guy

Its comming along real nicely but why do you have to wait till the 23rd before you go to the lfs?

fedukeford

well its really not a LFS, its more of a FAFS (far away fish store).Its in rochester which is like a 3 hour dirve, and my mom is envolved in a clinical study thing, so she has to go to rochester 3 times a year, and the next time is the 23rd, so since im off of school then i finally get to go to The Reef Shoppe again!!!

sign guy

wow I thought upstate ny was kinda small but its been about 10 years since I have been to upstate ny

fedukeford

finally got the canopy up today!! heres some pics of when it was being built, and the canopy on the tank.
canopy building pics-

canopy on the tank-

fedukeford

My seadra 500 pump for my skimmer just gave out today
all i did was unplug it to plug it into a different powerstrip, now it wont work no matter where i plug it in :notsure: , ill probley just order a mag 5 to replace it since they seem to be more reliable

jonk520c

sounds like the impeller is stuck. probably a bit os sand particles in side if you can take the impeller out you can flush it with clean water. most pumps come apart. then put impeller in and turn it manually. the magnets inside might make it only turn around a click or two this is normal. put it all back together and try again.