Fedukeford's 125 reef diary!

big

We Love our Blue Hippo Tang :happyfish . Really nice fish to have.
BTY everything looks good!!

bonebrake

Definitely get the auto top-off working properly. Salinity changes of that magnitude could have severe negative effects on everything.

fedukeford

Its not the auto top off thats not working, its when my dad messes with the tubing he makes the water in the return get really low, so extra RO water is added. I was talking to a local reefer today and he said since the fungia is turning white around the edges its pretty much doomed..... waste of $50....

fedukeford

Just got home with my 5" Foxface!! i was at a LFS because we had to get some more dog food, and they had 3 nice looking foxfaces, so i got the biggest one they had since i have a bunch of little fish right now. It seems kinda stressed and wont come out for pics yet, so ill probley try and get some pics Tomarrow. Is $35 too much for a 5" foxface?

ci11337

:scared: Hey I think I saw you at my LFS awhile ago, you were at the reef shoppe right? I remember there was a kid there named Jordan who bought a purplefirefish, fungia, favia, some Rics and red brain!! You may remember me, I was the kid (i'am 14) who couuldn't decide between a oarange fungia, pink gonipora, or green brain. I went with the latter. BTW, $35 is a good price for a 5'' foxface (atleast in NY it is), they're usually $40 at the reefshoppe. I got mine there for $30, he is alittle guy. (2-3")

fedukeford

Ya i remember seeing another kid there, but there was like 3 other kids there, were are you the teenage guy, or one of the 2 younger girls?

fedukeford

O ya lol i remember you, i wish i lived near a LFS like the reef shoppe... i only get to go there once or twice a year

fedukeford

Its still alive, and it hasnt turned whiter, so i guess thats a good sign. But i havent seen its tenticles extended in a few days...

ci11337

I don't know why it would bleach, Tom had them under pretty bright lighting, what kind of lights do you have? Also has your firefish come out yet?

fedukeford

2x250 watt halides, and 2x160 watt 6' VHOs. The firefish is comeing out more and more each day, hopefully it will start swimming around soon

ci11337

That's like 6.5 watts per gallon, im not sure what Tom had on that tank, you got it from the "blue tank" right? You could try putting it in the shade or something. You could try and feed it at night when it's tentecles extend. And don't worry about your firefish, mine hid fo like two weeks before he finally cmae out often.

ci11337

Bummer, you could try calling Tom, he might have another idea. I think corals only bleach 'cuz of light issues so I don't think it's your top off system. Are any other corals having problems? If so maybe it is the top off system. If not it could be to much lights.

fedukeford

My green slimer dosent look as good as when i got it, but it dosent look horrible either. the fungia still doesnt look worse or better, i guess thats good?

ci11337

As long as it dosen't get worse it should eventually heal. About your green slimer that happens to me sometimes with zoos. One frag I bought was a nice blue with red skirt but it lightened up some since I got it. BTW your tank looks great, you make my 55 look like a nano.

fedukeford

Thx, the fungia almost looks like its getting more color, but now my red brain has a white clump coming off of it, and i dosent look good

mrsdorothy

Still tagging along. Your tank looks nice. I like your choice of coral. My plate coral did the same thing for about 3 weeks. I was about ready to toss it, then all of a sudden it began to color up some. It's beginning to look good again.
My peps decided to come out of hiding and is out a lot. Especially during feeding time.