Fish getting along

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 5.0 ppm still... won't go down.
Nitrate: 40 ppm atm. Well i checked it outside when i brighter outside and snow in the background showing 20ppm.

I have the old water that i took out from the tank laying around somewhere and transfer him into there. He is just laying down.

J

jstdv8

the nitrites will come down by the percentage you change out. so if you did a 50% water change for instance, you would bring that level down to 2.5.
I'm not suggesting a 50% water change neccesarily, just saying.

No w/c yet. I am waiting for the water to ready. I thought nitrites would go down on is own >< and you only change water to lower nitrate. sorry i didn't know. ._.

J

jstdv8

they will go down on thier own, but if you are havig some sort of cycle after the tank has been set up its not safe for your fish and inverts to ahve nitrites in the tank like that.
If you had nothing in the tank but water and LR, and LS then you coul jsut let it go and work its way into nitrates.
You are doing water changes to save the lives of your livestock

I don't have anything else that can support more than 3 gallon of water. He is swimming around but not much. He is pale. Color fading.

meowzer

OK....then get another 3g's ready.....is the clown in the bucket still.....or did you put it back in the main tank?