Frag Swap 9/05

kdfrosty

dirtee147 & mbrands-
You've both been emailed the instructions for preparing your thermos for this frag swap.

kdfrosty

grandmarm-
You've been added to the frag swap list, and I've emailed you thermos swap instructions. Check back here on 9/15.

debbraey

I am getting excited!! The 15th is nearing!!!! How many have signed up so far KDFrosty??
BTW. I am not picky just want something live and pretty that I don't already have.
well I will even take something I already have. I just like this swap idea.
I hope everyone loves it and we make it an every 3 month thing.
Have a great week all I will check back in a couple of days

kdfrosty

I am so excited for this to happen. I think I have the list complete and ready, but I am just awaiting the deadline for late signups. We have exactly 20 people total. I've tried to arrange the list so that you are not trading with anyone in your own state, but relatively close. There may be one or two people who will have to ship to a different region of the US. Not to worry...shipping still won't be more than $6 or $7.
I can't wait!!!!!

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by hobbit
totally kool idea
Hobbit-
I got your email requesting thermos swap instructions, but am still not sure if you want to participate in the frag swap. If so, please leave your information as instructed above. If not, then maybe next time.

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by jacksdad
I am in!
bdelisle@henzeindustries.com
zoos, possibly a torch frag(if I have time to do it)
Michigan
KDFrosty:
How big should the frags be? How many polyps? Just need a rough idea.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob-
I would say that a frag of zoos should be about 7-10 polyps or 2 shrooms. This is, of course, between you and the people that you are trading with. Try to send something equal to what you'll be receiving.
Oh, and you've been added to the frag swap list.

mbrands

Originally Posted by jacksdad
possibly a torch frag(if I have time to do it)
Is there an easy way to frag a torch coral? I have a pretty good sized one that I wouldn't mind using as my frag in this swap.

jacksdad

Originally Posted by mbrands
Is there an easy way to frag a torch coral? I have a pretty good sized one that I wouldn't mind using as my frag in this swap.

Is it a branching torch? If so, just cut it at the branch with a pair of boning scissors

Email: erney1@adelphia.net
Trading:Encrusting Gorgonia "small frags", toadstool frags
Loc.: Dillsburg, PA
I will include one of each.
Looking for: Ricordias shroooms, and "White" xenias only, no zoos lol.
Thanks guys, this should be fun. It will be my first thermos swap :)

kdfrosty

bobothewizard-
You have been added to the frag swap. Thanks for participating! Please keep in mind that this is a SOFT CORAL FRAG SWAP. Some participants may not be able to keep encrusting gorgonians and/or torch corals. If their environment allows it then that's fine. you need to discuss this with the person you are sending a frag to.
Please check back here 9/15 to see who that person is, and for some additional info.
****Also, please note that Torch Coral (and possibly Gorgonians) are not the hardiest corals to ship....especially via USPS Priority (2-3 day) shipping. You may incur additional shipping charges to guarantee a healthy frags arrival to your trading partner.

KD where can we get some instruction on preparing and sending the thermos. If you have any could you please email me them.
This encrusting thing that i have is really easy to keep. Im probrably calling it the wrong this but it is a soft coral. Its almost like a bunch of star polyps that you pretty much peel off your rocks. Its pretty cool.
Thanks a bunch.

darknes

KDFrosty,
Encrusting Gorgonians are pretty much just GSP but a different color. I have a ton of it, and it grows like a mat, and is just as hardy as zoos and shrooms. If you can keep GSP in your tank, you can keep gorgonians.
I just thought I'd let you know.

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by Darknes
KDFrosty,
Encrusting Gorgonians are pretty much just GSP but a different color. I have a ton of it, and it grows like a mat, and is just as hardy as zoos and shrooms. If you can keep GSP in your tank, you can keep gorgonians.
I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for the info!!!!! I know nothing about gorgonians, but now I know a bit more.