Frag Swap 9/05

kdfrosty

Debbraey-
Thanks for posting your pics, putting up with miscommunications (and my errors), and completing the swap!! The pics look great!!!
Cynelson-
Nice Rics!

D

dholmblad

Got my frag today, they are great. I forget who sent to me but thank you very much. These swaps are the greatest Idea. I say we have a rotation and continue it.

kdfrosty

Dholmblad-
You traded with TheresaQ1. Thanks again both of you!!!
jacksdad-
glad to hear you got the frags! You may want to reconsider shipping tomorrow, unless you plan to ship overnight. It's a bad idea to let your package stay in USPS' hands over the weekend.
PICTURES!!!

debbraey

OOOh I am so jealous

I only got my order from salwaterfish.com. THough, it will hold
me until I get my frag :joy:
KDFrosty:::You asked for pics and you got pics!! And as for the other, don't thank me I did it all for pure selfish reasons! I truely wanted to be included
Besides my name has been either mispelled or pronounced wrong all of my life.
And I agree with dholmblad....let's keep it going atleast 1 more round!! :) I just said something simular in an email to kdfrosty

kdfrosty

I haven't got mine yet either!!!! I'm not gonna sleep good tonight b/c I know they will be here tomorrow. I'm so anxious, even though I already know what I'm getting.
On a lighter note, I picked up an orange montipora frag, a teal candy cane, and a couple of neon green rhodactis within the last 24 hours. Only spent $25 too :)

debbraey

Hmm....KD, after this I might send you a shopping list. You buy I send money and something or a promise of something in near future (after it is safe) and $$ for shipping.
$25 that is what my LS wants for 1 candy cane!!!!! And I really want it......When you are ready I will pay you for shipping and a frag from it

kdfrosty

It's not the best looking candy cane, but it was a sweet deal. It cost me $9 for a 6 headed frag. Total size is about 2"x2", so kinda small. I just had to pick it up because it was a sweet deal. There are three LFS' within two miles of my house, so I frequent them all on Tuesday...the day they get their new frags in. One LFS got this HUGE bright pink Birdsnest Coral (Seriatopora hystrix) but they wanted $65 for it. Outta my price range.

debbraey

Well, placed an order Friday and got it yesterday from saltwaterfish.com. I spent more than I should have but I couldn't resist. I haven't spent money in months on new lovestock!! As if that wasn't bad enough my fiance' and I went lfs and I tumble head over heals for a scopas yellow tang the size of maybe a quarter. He came home with me and has made friends with my clown and powder tang while my domino damsel doesn't care for the new addition at all. Though, Rita (yellow tang) has a body guard that is a very bold clarkii clown who runs the domino quickly back to his hiding spot.
What a gregat week!!! I get a frag from this trade, a coral order, and a LFS yellow tang all in one week!!! I feel ...ummm...giddy

debbraey

Yeah, I agree. But we could do worse things with our $$ like drugs or something...Reefers do not tend to have spare cash for drugs. Every spare $$ we get we sink in our aquariums..or as I remember someone calling it "LOVESTOCK" or tweaking our already over tweaked systems
Well have a wonderful evening!!! And have sweet dreams of that frag you are getting (hopefully you pick yourself an awesome trade)
ANY IDEA WHY MY POST ARE DATED AN HOUR BEHIND WHEN I ACTUALLY POSTED IT?

kdfrosty

I tried to arrange all the trading to be done in close proximity to your home state...not necessarily on what I or anyone else wanted.
However, mbrands kinda got the short end of the stick having to ship from AZ to NC. Still won't be more than $7 shipping if packed tidy, but still the longest shipping nonetheless. I'm making it up to him, though.

debbraey

:cheer: waiting for announcements of everyone's arrivals and what they got.

The excitement is just too much!
Not to mention I already miss my 3 babies

I hope they aren't home sick :)
I told them they were getting a new mom & she's great...Hehehe
I've only seen 1 person say they had gotten their delivery and I
don't recall him telling us what it was. (still a secret?)
Hmmm..wonder when mine are coming? I cann't wait!!

kdfrosty

Just remember to take a pic when your new frags are acclimated and looking nice. that way we all don't put up with threads of shriveled shrooms or closed zoo polyps.

I would also like to see some pictures of the way they arrived in the packaging and stuff if possible. Maybe we can get some new ideas on how to pack them.

I purchased some xenias off a person in california on monday and the frag was here yesterday, with 2 day el-cheapo delivery. Ya know, i could have sworn the water was still warm when i opened the package and they just packaged them in a glass jar wrapped in bubble wrap. It was kinda freaky actually. Also did everyone exchange traking numbers? I know i did with the person i was sending too but no one ever gave me one lol.

kdfrosty

I got a tracking number from Schadiest, and sent one to mbrands.
Not required, but a good idea and a coutesy as well.