Frag Swap 9/05

kdfrosty

Ok everyone the time is near. I will have the remaining instructions posted by 10am MST on 9/15. Keep an eye out and also expect an email.

kdfrosty

SOFT CORAL FRAG SWAP 09/05Ok, here's how it works:
Here is the list for the frag swap. As the rules state you are sending a frag to the person below you, and the last person on the list sends to the first person on the list. It is your responsibility to email the person before and after you in the list to start correspondence.
Please make sure you trade using the thermos packing tips , and ship via USPS Priority Mail
. Also, please make sure that you ship no later than 9/22
, and let the person that you are shipping to know when you've shipped. Try to ship on a Monday or Tuesday
so that the frag is not in USPS' hands during the weekend. I hope that everyone has fun during this frag trade so that we can do it again sometime! If anyone has any concerns please contact me.
ADDITIONAL THERMOS PACKING TIPS:

Lots of people have been asking for additional tips in regards to packaging a thermos. I've done it a few times, and I can go by experience, as well as the thermos packing tips that I've provided to nearly everyone. So, here it goes:
-USE A WATER TIGHT THERMOS!!!!! Too many times have I received a drenched package because a lid was not screwed on tightly, or someone used a coffe mug with a sipper on the top.
-ALWAYS put the frag in a bag. I know the thermos instructions don't say that, but it's a great added measure. I even double bag mine. Use rubberbands to seal the bags, not twisty ties commonly found on loaves of bread or with garbage bags. I get bags from my LFS for free. 2 bags is sufficient.
-The thermos/bags of water don't need to be completely full of water. Just enough to cover the frag when the thermos is laid on it's side.
-Use shipping "peanuts", bubble wrap, or newspaper so that the thermos does not move around in the shipping box.
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK FOR THE FINAL LIST

debbraey

Hoping for anything cool!!!
Wooo----hooo
My fiance asks, "what are you up to?" He doesn't much care for my tank hobby.
Though, he likes looking at it. He says it only makes him want to go diving.
Anyway he has some concerns....Hope it as great as I expect it to be.
I am sure it will be and cannot wait until I get my turn!!!
THNX....KDFROSTY
For getting this rolling!!! Looks like we all were ready!!
:happyfish
My fish are awaiting their new tank mate.
:cheer: :jumping:

kdfrosty

lol.
I wanted to do one last swap before winter came and it got too cold. We'll do it again in the spring.

hopkins6

KDfrosty, sorry i didn't give my email. I have been real busy and i didn't have time to come on line. I emailed the person i'm giving frags to and i've replyed to the person sending frags to me. sorry

dexter

SOOOO?? beeen keeping up w/ thread (even tho I not swapping)
Are you all done swapping? Post pics of what u got

I'd love to participate next swap in the spring.

Dxtr :happyfish

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by hopkins6
KDfrosty, sorry i didn't give my email. I have been real busy and i didn't have time to come on line. I emailed the person i'm giving frags to and i've replyed to the person sending frags to me. sorry
Hopkins-
Luckily I had your email address from when we used to talk over AIM all the time.
Darknes-
Thanks!!!!!
Dexter-
I'd be willing to bet that noone has received any frags yet. I plan on shipping mine on Monday, and it should be received Wednesday. Check the thread around then.

hopkins6

Hey frosty, sry since High school i've been really busy and havent had the chance to get on my screen name. Is yours still the flipya one. I gotta talk to ya some about my new additions. hope your tank is doin fine.

debbraey

Guess I should have logged in last night. Sorry!!! I was sick all weekend.
Thank you darkness for helping dholmblad & I make contact.
dholmblad, Did you get both my emails? I had sent one last week. And I just replied to your's.
KDFrosty, Put my name on the spring trade I will have a lot of stuff to trade by then! Hmmm...may have to sign-up twice in the spring...that would give me 2 different trades to add to my tank. THNX AGAIN
And I will take a pick of my new additions as soon as I get them and again when they have acclimated to my tank
I cannot wait!
I felt like leaping out of my seat when I saw an email from dholmblad :jumping:
Have a great day everyone!!!

debbraey

KDFROSTY, I have not heard from cynelson yet. I am ready to package but have no address or real name to ship to.

I emailed but I don't know if cynelson got it or not.
Can you assist? Maybe my email went in cynelson's junkmail or the spam filter blocked me. I looked and it didn't get bounced back.
Thnx in advance for any help you can give. :notsure:

I just wanted to put a price on my swap. As of right now the frags have been sent out and it cost me a total of 11.50 for everything. This is including the 2 thermos and shipping. What a bargain for some corals, thanks again for putting this together. Reason i bought 2 thermos's was because they were cheap, hehe $3 somthing each :)

kdfrosty

AWESOME!!!!!!I am glad to see that everything is going remotely well.
Debbraey, PCO1988-

I know that neither of you has heard from CYNELSON yet. I have an alternate who didnt make the registration deadline who is dying to take CYNELSONs place. I just want to give CYNELSON a fair chance. Wait until Tuesday (9/20) night, and if I've gotten no response I will give you both alternate information. Sorry about the confusion, but I can assure that through correspondence CYNELSON seemed genuinely interested in the frag swap and participating.
Hopkins6-

You have my AIM screenname. Feel free to use it anytime. You also have my email as well....same goes for that. I dont mind helping anyone.....after all I've been with ya since the start of your new tank. How's it lookin', BTW??? I WANT PICS! email me.
Bobothewizard-

I'm glad you see the value in the frag swap. Not only is it a way to add to your coral collection, but you get to meet some great people, albeit online, along the way. You got a great deal on thermos', BTW.
PICTURES! WE WANT PICTURES!!

Post em here if you got em!
Who did you receive your frag from?
Was the thermos method successful? Everything arrive alive?

kdfrosty

Debbraey/pco1988
I have been in contact with cynelson and they are still interested in trading. She (Cindy) has tried emailing you. Just to make sure that everyone here's on the right track:
Debraey debbraey@yahoo dot com
cynelson happy5446@comcast dot net
pco1988 pco1988@hotmail dot com
Everyone make sure that you are checking your SPAM folders, etc. I think that this one's resolved. Let me know.
-KD

debbraey

KD,
I got an email from Cindy today I will ship to her tomorrow.
dholmblad said he was sending mine today.
Part of the problem may have been contact with me.
My name is spelled Debbraey 2 b's
my email the same with @yahoo.com.......
Everything is okay, since it all worked out in the end. Thnx for the quick action on your side to locate Cindy & a possible replacement.
:cheer: You are tops in my book KD....

kdfrosty

I realized that I messed up the email addy completely. I just figured that everyone involved saw the thread here and caught the error as previously pointed out.
Sorry 'bout all that....

Not that it matters, but it's been fixed.

debbraey

cynelson.....You have frags on the way. If you want the tracking # check your email. I shipped today. I had promised 1 thing, which I promptly packed today. I had 2 other items that I would share too. Your extras are in the light colored thermos. Enjoy and take good care of them. A sneak view is provided for you and everyone else below.
EVERYONE...............Here are some pictures
#1 is my trade (the dark green one)
#2 is it in it's thermos
#3 is cynelson's little something extra (now she has 2 small thermoses that I got yesterday from my freind when she traded frags with someone. I gave her $2 for both of 'em)
and the last is of everything packed and ready to go!!!