Gauging Interest!!!! People Interested in DIY LED Builds?????

acrylic51

Has anyone seen the layout or design similar to the 1 Corey posted earlier, but on the 2nd, 4th, 6th and so on row is staggered or mounted between the row in front???? Basically what I'm trying to say is those rows I mentioned the outside edge LEDs aren't there?????

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/386377/gauging-interest-people-interested-in-diy-led-builds/60#post_3394468
Has anyone seen the layout or design similar to the 1 Corey posted earlier, but on the 2nd, 4th, 6th and so on row is staggered or mounted between the row in front???? Basically what I'm trying to say is those rows I mentioned the outside edge LEDs aren't there?????
Haven't seen it done yet with those colors. I've seen the linear design done with the royal blue's and cool whites, but not two types of blues and two types of whites.

cipher43

so I was messing around in google sketchup and made this today. it would have 96 LEDs 24 blue 24 royal blue 24 neutral whites and 24 cool whites. the only problem with it is it will bump my price tag of the light by A LOT!!!!!!!!!
i tried color coding them. This is on 1" wide C channel. I saw a build where a guy used this and had no problems with 1 or 2 CPU fans on it. i may go with 3 bars instead of 4 which would put it at 72 lights which helps the price by quite a bit. Also I left the gap in the middle for the center plastic beam.
EDIT: i guess you cant read it on here but the gap between the leds would be 1 3/4" and 2 inches between the bars

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher43 http:///forum/thread/386377/gauging-interest-people-interested-in-diy-led-builds/60#post_3394568
so I was messing around in google sketchup and made this today. it would have 96 LEDs 24 blue 24 royal blue 24 neutral whites and 24 cool whites. the only problem with it is it will bump my price tag of the light by A LOT!!!!!!!!!
i tried color coding them. This is on 1" wide C channel. I saw a build where a guy used this and had no problems with 1 or 2 CPU fans on it. i may go with 3 bars instead of 4 which would put it at 72 lights which helps the price by quite a bit. Also I left the gap in the middle for the center plastic beam.
EDIT: i guess you cant read it on here but the gap between the leds would be 1 3/4" and 2 inches between the bars
Design looks pretty good.....You could easily stretch your spacing between LEDs to 2.5" and get good coverage!!!!! Would save you a little on LEDs.

monsinour

When our summer vaca got canceled due to lack of funds, I am pretty sure I cant get my LEDs either. I would like to join ya, but I dont have the dough.

cipher43

I just bought an older motorcycle so i spent my fun money for a little bit of time plus i am still waiting on my wood to dry so i can build the stand