Grammer!!! Where did you go????

sweatervest13

So, I just need to vent for a second.
It seems that some people just don't care anymore about grammer, or rather don't care how others think of them. I, by no means think that I am even up to par most times I post anything here or on FB, but come on. Some of the stuff that gets posted on the interweb's is terrible.
Some of my favorites are the super long sentence that has no end (not a period in sight).
Second fav is the new young kids texting style of posting where everything is typed like it sounds.
Like I said I am sure I have posted many mistakes but I would like to think that they are at least readable.
BTW, I think that I need to spend more time in "The Aquarium". This is a fun area.
Ryan.

meowzer

There are som ODD posts and threads popping up....I have been deleting them, because I AM SURE they are spam....it is very obvious if you look at the user name and read the illiterate posts
Please pm me if you see any I do not catch
Thanks

S

smartorl

Can I ask a question? How are some of these newer posts I am seeing by a few members coming across broken into parts with different font sizes, some in bold, some in italics, etc?

R

robyn yocom

youre right,Some people out there dont know how to spell.English was my worst subject! But I still need help.guess i will get off this sight and go buy a book.(sorry to offend you)

monsinour

I read that a few years ago, schools in new zealand were going to allow "leet speak" on english essays without any negative marks against the writer. Acceptance is the first foot in the grave.

reefraff

One organization was pushing Ebonics so hard they decided to have a miss Ebonics USA pageant a few years ago. They ended up canceling the event when nobody was willing to be Miss Idaho.

bang guy

I doesn't really annoy me that much because I simply go to the next the thread. It's not that I'm a spelling or grammar cop but I can't UNDERSTAND what the heck they are trying to ask. I figure that if it was a really important question they would have taken the time to make it understandable.
For out of country or ESL people I will make the extra effort though.

darthtang aw

Well, acceptance to lifestyle choices is a little different than the acceptance to "leet speek" or "text engrish" in my opinion.  If a ...........  wait a minute.  not going there.
I agree...if the future generation wants to wear their little sisters jeans and speak/spell at the comprehension level of a cracked out, 5 five year old with warlock induced tourettes, while choking on tiger's blood...who are we to judge.
Darth (Charlie Sheen) Tang.