Great time to be in public schools in San Antonio

reefraff

Thats all you had? I figured you had some report of something. You listed one incident twice and two are poor examples. The cop already owned guns so he didn't buy the gun to do the job cause he was pissed and the Evan Ebel deal was an organized hit, not a casual crime. I've looked for stats on this and could find any.

darthtang aw

1. Yea like that would ever happen.  The NRA has such a huge stranglehold on Congress, we'd have another Civil War before they would allow amending the 2nd.
Based off that logic slavery would never have been abolished. The women's right to vote would never have happened...etc.....Same with prohibition and it's subsequent overturning.
2.  12 ga shotgun for skeet shooting and dove hunting. 9mm Taurus for home protection (locked in a biometric safe).You already own a shotgun in your home. That is sufficient for self defense. Sorry, you can't have the handgun. See how justification works.
3.  You're trying to equate a woman's choice to choose what she can or can't do medically to her body to some mental case that wants to run into a gun store, spend 15 minutes buying a gun, then take that gun out and blow someone away?
10% of women that have an abortion regret the decision for the rest of their lives and wish they wouldn't have done so. I am not equating the so called rights of a woman's body. I am equating your 30 day "cool down " period to irrational decisions or rushed emotional thought.
4. If your son is under the legal drinking age, and you are still responsible for him financially, and you're the owner of the vehicle?  Absolutely.
That is not what the law states. So if your daughter was caught with a dwi you should serve jail time as well? What if your child took a kitchen knife from home and went on a stabbing spree. Are you at fault and should be charged as well?
5.  Define "weapons ban".  That myth falls into the same logic as Chicago.  People in those areas simply have to go over into the next state, purchase guns at some gun show (where you can buy a gun without showing your ID by purchasing the gun from an individual), then drive back home with them.  Are they violating the law?  Of course they are.  But if someone is going to commit a criminal act, do you honestly think they care they are in possession of an illegal firearm?
So a nation wide ban would curtail this? It is illegal to purchase a gun from out of state without a legal transfer and background check. So you are telling me, that DC high murder rate under the ban was a direct result of all those gang bangers and criminals buying guns out of state? Then when the ban was overturned the murder rate dropped significantly. So it must have been the illegal guns killing people on their own?
http://www.fox19.com/story/23078364/gun-used-in-attempted-murder-suicide-bought-day-before-shooting
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-01-30/news/os-oviedo-mother-murder-suicide-first-appearance-20140130_1_state-gun-new-gun-purchases-daughter
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25263878/woman-who-gave-evan-ebel-murder-weapon-sentencing
http://www.newsiosity.com/articles/politics/texas-cop-buys-gun-protect-wife-then-commits-murder-suicide-days-later
t-gun-same-day/18144768">http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/Police-Ky-gunman-who-killed-2-bought-gun-same-day/18144768
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/16/three-killed-in-kentucky-with-gun-bought-hours-earlier/
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/04/04/1811901/these-women-were-murdered-after-their-stalkers-acquired-a-gun/
The first link the woman was planning this for several weeks. Cooling off period would not have helped.
The second link someone bought the gun for a known felon. 30 days later it would have been given to the felon still...
The third link as pointed out was an officer...pretty sure he owned a gun already.
4 and 5 were the same story. But were a valid story.
the sixth the state failed in their duty to protect the citizens with the restraining order. Had the state done their job the restraining order would have prevented the purchase.
In closing I leave with the news of your area. Somehow you missed this I am guessing.
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Armed-good-Samaritan-comes-to-the-aid-of-purse-snatching-victim-257091061.html

2quills

http://www.fox19.com/story/23078364/gun-used-in-attempted-murder-suicide-bought-day-before-shooting
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-01-30/news/os-oviedo-mother-murder-suicide-first-appearance-20140130_1_state-gun-new-gun-purchases-daughter
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25263878/woman-who-gave-evan-ebel-murder-weapon-sentencing
http://www.newsiosity.com/articles/politics/texas-cop-buys-gun-protect-wife-then-commits-murder-suicide-days-later
http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/Police-Ky-gunman-who-killed-2-bought-gun-same-day/18144768
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/16/three-killed-in-kentucky-with-gun-bought-hours-earlier/
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/04/04/1811901/these-women-were-murdered-after-their-stalkers-acquired-a-gun/
OMG! I think my Dane could find better links to support her argument than this. Your "cooling off" period argument is peanuts compared to the majority of Americans who disagree with your solutions. If you wish to give up your guns then just send them to me and I'll find them a more suitable home. This really just comes down to trust. I think the reason, Aggie, that you have this paranoia of citizens having guns because there are perhaps some underlying trust issues within yourself that you need to confront. It's not a target analysis it's just an observation. When was the last time you had a psychiatric evaluation?

2quills

...said the guy who wants/needs to have a bigger gun.  Oh, the irony of it all!
lol give em any excuse and they'll find a reason to try and take them away.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544409
OMG! I think my Dane could find better links to support her argument than this. Your "cooling off" period argument is peanuts compared to the majority of Americans who disagree with your solutions. If you wish to give up your guns then just send them to me and I'll find them a more suitable home. This really just comes down to trust. I think the reason, Aggie, that you have this paranoia of citizens having guns because there are perhaps some underlying trust issues within yourself that you need to confront. It's not a target analysis it's just an observation. When was the last time you had a psychiatric evaluation?
You have this paranoia that you need to have some form of protection around you at all times, and I'm the one who needs the psychiatric evaluation? You're apparently incapable of understanding common sense, and can't see through those beer goggles you're wearing while "living in your bubble". All those articles were EXACT examples of individuals being MURDERED by another individual after purchasing the firearms within a week prior to the killing. Now it appears that you are comlpacent when it comes to family violence and abuse, which statistics show most of those abusive relationships end with fatalities by a firearm. The only Americans who "disagree with my solutions" are morons like you who think their right to own some pea shooter is more important than another human beings life. You're right, it does come down to trust. And when nutjobs like you make some of the statements you make on this forum, I could seriously see a Corpus Christi newsflash of some irrational person shooting some other person for no other reason than they disagreed with their opinion. Gun violence is becoming more prevalent as years go by. Senseless murders and injuries by those same people I'm supposed to "trust".

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544408
Based off that logic slavery would never have been abolished. The women's right to vote would never have happened...etc.....Same with prohibition and it's subsequent overturning.
You already own a shotgun in your home. That is sufficient for self defense. Sorry, you can't have the handgun. See how justification works.
10% of women that have an abortion regret the decision for the rest of their lives and wish they wouldn't have done so. I am not equating the so called rights of a woman's body. I am equating your 30 day "cool down " period to irrational decisions or rushed emotional thought.
That is not what the law states. So if your daughter was caught with a dwi you should serve jail time as well? What if your child took a kitchen knife from home and went on a stabbing spree. Are you at fault and should be charged as well?
So a nation wide ban would curtail this? It is illegal to purchase a gun from out of state without a legal transfer and background check. So you are telling me, that DC high murder rate under the ban was a direct result of all those gang bangers and criminals buying guns out of state? Then when the ban was overturned the murder rate dropped significantly. So it must have been the illegal guns killing people on their own?
The first link the woman was planning this for several weeks. Cooling off period would not have helped.
The second link someone bought the gun for a known felon. 30 days later it would have been given to the felon still...
The third link as pointed out was an officer...pretty sure he owned a gun already.
the sixth the state failed in their duty to protect the citizens with the restraining order. Had the state done their job the restraining order would have prevented the purchase.
In closing I leave with the news of your area. Somehow you missed this I am guessing.
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Armed-good-Samaritan-comes-to-the-aid-of-purse-snatching-victim-257091061.html
People die for no other apparent reason than the killer having the ability to purchase a firearm at a moments notice, and you try rationalizing it with some feel good story about some "Good Samaritan" catches the bad guy for snatching a purse. You must get a hard on every time you dredge up one of these stories.

darthtang aw

People die for no other apparent reason than the killer having the ability to purchase a firearm at a moments notice, and you try rationalizing it with some feel good story about some "Good Samaritan" catches the bad guy for snatching a purse.  You must get a hard on every time you dredge up one of these stories.
People die for no other reason than the need of someone else to have a few drinks in a bar as well. And you try to rationalize it because you wish to get drunk. We should pass a law requiring bars to only sell one drink per hour and thirty minutes to patrons to allow a "sobering up" period. I bet my law saves more lives than your 30 day cool off period.
Drunk drivers kill an equal amount of people as gun violence. However 80% of all gun violence is gang related. Pretty sure drunk driving isnt gang related. The proposals you present to curb gun violence are nothing but feel good measures. Gun violence has declined in the last three decades. Not increased. You propose these ideas yet dont explain how thy would prevent 10000 murders a year.
I posted the link since it happened in your area. I notice you used good samaritan in quotations. Meaning you believe the guy wasn't doing a good thing and helping a fellow citizen. Now THAT is interesting and very telling.

2quills

You have this paranoia that you need to have some form of protection around you at all times, and I'm the one who needs the psychiatric evaluation?  You're apparently incapable of understanding common sense, and can't see through those beer goggles you're wearing while "living in your bubble".  All those articles were EXACT examples of individuals being MURDERED by another individual after purchasing the firearms within a week prior to the killing.  Now it appears that you are comlpacent when it comes to family violence and abuse, which statistics show most of those abusive relationships end with fatalities by a firearm.  The only Americans who "disagree with my solutions" are morons like you who think their right to own some pea shooter is more important than another human beings life.  You're right, it does come down to trust.  And when nutjobs like you make some of the statements you make on this forum, I could seriously see a Corpus Christi newsflash of some irrational person shooting some other person for no other reason than they disagreed with their opinion.  Gun violence is becoming more prevalent as years go by.  Senseless murders and injuries by those same people I'm supposed to "trust".
You and this Geri character seem to have the same perpensity for making up stories out of thin air. Where did I say I carry at all times? Where did I say I "want" or "need" a bigger gun? You goof balls crack me up with that. You come up with these ideas in your heads and look for any reason to relate people who disagree with you with racists or the devil. Must be nice living in that bubble.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544408
And if the Conservatives back then had the same mindsets as they do today, those Amendments would've never happened. The 2nd Amendment has always been taboo. Even though anyone with common sense can comprehend the true intent of that Amendment, the gun nuts created their own interpretation, and the power of the gun lobbyists keep it that way.
You already own a shotgun in your home. That is sufficient for self defense. Sorry, you can't have the handgun. See how justification works.
I'd have no problem with it. My wife is the one who wanted the handgun for protection when I was out of town. She felt the shotgun was too heavy and cumbersome to move around if she had to get to it in the middle of the night. As least I'm not paranoid to the point I have to justify owning a military-grade weapon for home protection. If you can't hit someone within 10 yards with one or two shots, then you have no business owning a gun in the first place. She how logic works.
Where do you get your statistics? Oh that's right, the Pro Life sights where they claim they interview all these woman who have abortions. I'm sure women want to come out and fill out some survey explaining their rationalizations and justification for wanting that procedure. Most anti-abortion states already force women into making emotional decisions when they force them to take sonograms or have vaginal probes push up their hoohas, then see pictures of the fetus before being allow to make a final decision on whether they want an abortion or not. Most women who choose abortion have already had 30 days to think about it. They don't even realize they're pregnant until they miss their next period. Then realization kicks in, and they weigh the pros and cons as to whether they should have the baby. Sometimes it's medical reasons, sometimes financial, and most of the times it is emotional because they have to deal with the father. You watch too many Maury Povich shows.
Yes. You are the primary caretaker of that juvenile. You are responsible for ANY of their actions until they become an adult. If parents were held liable for their incompetent parenting skills and decisions, maybe these irresponsible kids that perform these kind of acts would become less prevalent.
What part of a person who commits a crime with an illegally purchased weapon could care less they are breaking the law purchasing that gun don't you comprehend? Some interesting facts:
The combination in Washington of strict gun-restriction laws and high levels of gun violence is sometimes used to criticize gun-restriction laws in general as ineffective. A significant portion of firearms used in crime are either obtained on the second-hand market or in neighboring states.[sup][44][sup][45] Results from the ATF's Youth Crime Gun Interdiction Initiative indicate that the percentage of imported guns involved in crimes is tied to the stringency of local firearm laws.[sup][44]
The number of homicides per year in Washington, D.C., peaked at 479 in 1991,[sup][13][/sup] followed by a downward trend in the late 1990s. In 2000, 242 homicides occurred,[11][/sup] and the downward trend continued in the 2000s. In 2012, Washington, D.C. had only 92 homicides in 91 separate incidents, the lowest annual tally since 1963.[14][/sup] The Metropolitan Police Department's official tally is 88 homicides, but that number does not include four deaths that were ruled self-defense or justifiable homicide by citizen.[14][/sup] The cause of death listed on the four case records is homicide and MPD includes those cases in tallying homicide case closures at the end of the year.kipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.#cite_note-homicidewatch.org-14">[14]
As Washington neighborhoods undergo , has remained steady (even slightly increasing in some areas) as poorer residents move out of the city into the nearby suburbs because of rising housing costs.[sup][15] However, the influx of more affluent new residents in the city has also led to an uptick in robberies and property crimes in gentrifying areas, including Columbia Heights, Adams Morgan, Mount Pleasant, Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, and Shaw. There was an average of 11 robberies each day across the District of Columbia in 2006,[sup][5][/sup] which is far below the levels experienced in the 1990s.[16][/sup]
At the end of the day, it's an effort in futility to try and rationalize the reasons why limiting access to guns can result in the reduction of gun crime with a gun zealot. You have this false sense of security that arming yourself to the teeth with all the firepower you can muster, will make your life safer and free from becoming a victim of crime. You can walk around in plain view with a gun strapped to your side, and someone could walk up behind you and pop a cap in the back of your head before you could put your hand on the grip. You can have your 50-round AR-15 next to your bed, and someone could break in through a back window and slice your throat before you come out of your deep sleep. The only time you have the advantage with a firearm is when you know the confrontation is heading your way. Any other time, you're nothing more than a sitting duck with an overpriced piece of metal in your pocket.

darthtang aw

And if the Conservatives back then had the same mindsets as they do today, those Amendments would've never happened. The 2nd Amendment has always been taboo. Even though anyone with common sense can comprehend the true intent of that Amendment, the gun nuts created their own interpretation, and the power of the gun lobbyists keep it that way.
If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle. Name one conservative that would NOT have voted for the equal rights or slavery amendment. Apparently the supreme court doesnt have common sense. They have disagreed with you for centuries.
Where do you get i feel the need to own an ar for self defense. I own one because i can. Just like people in this country own cars that can reach speeds of two hundred miles per hour. Because they can.
So you are telling me your wife NEEDED a gun that holds fifteen rounds for home defense?

darthtang aw

At the end of the day, it's an effort in futility to try and rationalize the reasons why limiting access to guns can result in the reduction of gun crime with a gun zealot. You have this false sense of security that arming yourself to the teeth with all the firepower you can muster, will make your life safer and free from becoming a victim of crime. You can walk around in plain view with a gun strapped to your side, and someone could walk up behind you and pop a cap in the back of your head before you could put your hand on the grip. You can have your 50-round AR-15 next to your bed, and someone could break in through a back window and slice your throat before you come out of your deep sleep. The only time you have the advantage with a firearm is when you know the confrontation is heading your way. Any other time, you're nothing more than a sitting duck with an overpriced piece of metal in your pocket.
If you honestly felt this way you wouldn't have the handgun for your wife. Either that or your wife clearly feels differently about this. If having the handgun doesnt provide a sense of security for you or your family there is no point in owning it. So you are either a hypocrite once again or feel different than what you are posting.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544427
If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle. Name one conservative that would NOT have voted for the equal rights or slavery amendment. Apparently the supreme court doesnt have common sense. They have disagreed with you for centuries.
Where do you get i feel the need to own an ar for self defense. I own one because i can. Just like people in this country own cars that can reach speeds of two hundred miles per hour. Because they can.
So you are telling me your wife NEEDED a gun that holds fifteen rounds for home defense?
The Supreme Court has become more of a dictatorship that an unbiased group of legal experts. They vote more along their political beliefs and ideologies than they do by what the Constitutional laws dictate. Name one? I give you Jesse Helms, Strom Thurman, Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum. Shoot, Rick Perry is one of the good ole boys (guess you forgot the sign at his ranch that read "Niggerhead"). Of course we can't forget about Todd Akin and his ignorant 'legitimate rape' comment. If any one of them were in control back in the 50's, we'd still have White Only bathrooms today.

The only reason you can own a military grade firearm is because Congress is to weak or scared to change the laws that allow you to have it. The intended use of a fast car isn't for killing or maiming, an AR is. You can rationalize your ownership of that firearm by saying you use it solely for target practice, but the bottom line is that weapon was designed to be used for military purposes that gives the soldier an advantage to protect himself when facing a combative enemy. The NRA and gun nuts glorified that weapon years ago, and started dressing them up like they were kids toys you used to play Army with. They even have a pink camo version of the weapon. Seriously?

She didn't NEED that particular firearm, it just happened to be the one she felt had the best fit for her hand. I suggested a .357 revolver but she didn't care for the weight or balance of it. Based on how she shoots the firearm at the range, she wouldn't need more than two rounds to hit her intended target. The other 13 rounds are there because that's how many rounds the clip holds.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544428
If you honestly felt this way you wouldn't have the handgun for your wife. Either that or your wife clearly feels differently about this. If having the handgun doesnt provide a sense of security for you or your family there is no point in owning it. So you are either a hypocrite once again or feel different than what you are posting.
I never said it didn't provide a sense of security for my wife when she is at HOME. Neither one of us has the need or desire to carry it around everywhere we go because we don't feel a great sense of paranoia that someone is going to attack us around every corner. Her and my daughters carry a portable can of mace on their keychains for protection while out of the home. Thankfully they've never had to use it, but if they were overpowered by someone, I'd rather them be vulnerable to being sprayed with the same mace than have their heads blown off because the assailant grabbed their gun and used it on them.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544442
The Supreme Court has become more of a dictatorship that an unbiased group of legal experts. They vote more along their political beliefs and ideologies than they do by what the Constitutional laws dictate. Name one? I give you Jesse Helms, Strom Thurman, Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum. Shoot, Rick Perry is one of the good ole boys (guess you forgot the sign at his ranch that read "Niggerhead"). Of course we can't forget about Todd Akin and his ignorant 'legitimate rape' comment. If any one of them were in control back in the 50's, we'd still have White Only bathrooms today.

The only reason you can own a military grade firearm is because Congress is to weak or scared to change the laws that allow you to have it. The intended use of a fast car isn't for killing or maiming, an AR is. You can rationalize your ownership of that firearm by saying you use it solely for target practice, but the bottom line is that weapon was designed to be used for military purposes that gives the soldier an advantage to protect himself when facing a combative enemy. The NRA and gun nuts glorified that weapon years ago, and started dressing them up like they were kids toys you used to play Army with. They even have a pink camo version of the weapon. Seriously?

She didn't NEED that particular firearm, it just happened to be the one she felt had the best fit for her hand. I suggested a .357 revolver but she didn't care for the weight or balance of it. Based on how she shoots the firearm at the range, she wouldn't need more than two rounds to hit her intended target. The other 13 rounds are there because that's how many rounds the clip holds.

Military grade weapons LOL! You obviously know nothing about firearms.

geridoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544422
People die for no other reason than the need of someone else to have a few drinks in a bar as well. And you try to rationalize it because you wish to get drunk. We should pass a law requiring bars to only sell one drink per hour and thirty minutes to patrons to allow a "sobering up" period. I bet my law saves more lives than your 30 day cool off period.
Actually, most states do have "dram shop" laws that hold the bartender and bar owner liable for the actions of a person who became drunk in their establishment. I have worked many cases in my career where a bar was sued (in one case for $40 million) for serving too much alcohol to a person who then went out an killed/maimed some innocent on the roads. In New York every bartender takes a course in prudent serving in order to fend off such suits.

darthtang aw

I never said it didn't provide a sense of security for my wife when she is at HOME.  Neither one of us has the need or desire to carry it around everywhere we go because we don't feel a great sense of paranoia that someone is going to attack us around every corner.  Her and my daughters carry a portable can of mace on their keychains for protection while out of the home.  Thankfully they've never had to use it, but if they were overpowered by someone, I'd rather them be vulnerable to being sprayed with the same mace than have their heads blown off because the assailant grabbed their gun and used it on them.
You said this
You can have your 50-round AR-15 next to your bed, and someone could break in through a back window and slice your throat before you come out of your deep sleep. The only time you have the advantage with a firearm is when you know the confrontation is heading your way. Any other time, you're nothing more than a sitting duck with an overpriced piece of metal in your pocket.
Apparently your wife's sense of security is false in your eyes.
There is a side of me that questions if you are a responsible gun owner. Your Taurus holds 17+1. Not 15 like I mentioned and you confirmed. Responsible gun owners know how many bullets their guns hold so accidents don't happen.
The Supreme Court has become more of a dictatorship that an unbiased group of legal experts.  They vote more along their political beliefs and ideologies than they do by what the Constitutional laws dictate.  Name one?  I give you Jesse Helms, Strom Thurman, Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum.  Shoot, Rick Perry is one of the good ole boys (guess you forgot the sign at his ranch that read "Niggerhead").  Of course we can't forget about Todd Akin and his ignorant 'legitimate rape' comment.  If any one of them were in control back in the 50's, we'd still have White Only bathrooms today.
The only reason you can own a military grade firearm is because Congress is to weak or scared to change the laws that allow you to have it.  The intended use of a fast car isn't for killing or maiming, an AR is.  You can rationalize your ownership of that firearm by saying you use it solely for target practice, but the bottom line is that weapon was designed to be used for military purposes that gives the soldier an advantage to protect himself when facing a combative enemy.  The NRA and gun nuts glorified that weapon years ago, and started dressing them up like they were kids toys you used to play Army with.  They even have a pink camo version of the weapon.   Seriously?
She didn't NEED that particular firearm, it just happened to be the one she felt had the best fit for her hand.  I suggested a .357 revolver but she didn't care for the weight or balance of it.  Based on how she shoots the firearm at the range, she wouldn't need more than two rounds to hit her intended target.  The other 13 rounds are there because that's how many rounds the clip holds.
The Supreme court has backed a lot of liberal viewpoints, that are counter to huge lobbyist actions. ACA comes to mind. If the supreme court were a dictorship it makes more sense for the dictator to disarm the people. As that would consolidate the dictators power over the people further. Dictators require control of the populace to maintain their dictator status. Ask Khadafi or Castro.
Of those you listed, what have they said that indicates they would desire slavery? As to Rick Perry this is what has been said about your rock issue.
Ranchers who once grazed cattle on the 1,070-acre parcel on the Clear Fork of the Brazos River called it by that name well before Perry and his father, Ray, began hunting there in the early 1980s. There is no definitive account of when the rock first appeared on the property. In an earlier time, the name on the rock was often given to mountains and creeks and rock outcroppings across the country. Over the years, civil rights groups and government agencies have had some success changing those and other racially offensive names that dotted the nation’s maps.
But the name of this particular parcel did not change for years after it became associated with Rick Perry, first as a private citizen, then as a state official and finally as Texas governor. Some locals still call it that. As recently as this summer, the slablike rock — lying flat, the name still faintly visible beneath a coat of white paint — remained by the gated entrance to the camp.
When asked last week, Perry said the word on the rock is an “offensive name that has no place in the modern world.”
But how, when or whether he dealt with it when he was using the property is less clear and adds a dimension to the emerging biography of Perry, who quickly moved into the top tier of Republican presidential candidates when he entered the race in August.
He grew up in a segregated era whose history has defined and complicated the careers of many Southern politicians. Perry has spoken often about how his upbringing in this sparsely populated farming community influenced his conservatism. He has rarely, if ever, discussed what it was like growing up amid segregation in an area where blacks were a tiny fraction of the population.
In his responses to two rounds of detailed, written questions, Perry said his father first leased the property in 1983. Rick Perry said he added his own name to the lease from 1997 to 1998, when he was state agriculture commissioner, and again from 2004 to 2007, when he was governor.
He offered a simple version of how he dealt with the rock, followed by a more elaborate one.
“When my Dad joined the lease in 1983, he took the first opportunity he had to paint over the offensive word on the rock during the 4th of July holiday,” Perry said in his initial response. “It is my understanding that the rock was eventually turned over to further obscure what was originally written on it.”
Perry said that he was not with his father when he painted over the name but that he “agreed with” the decision.
In response to follow-up questions, Perry gave a more detailed account.
“My mother and father went to the lease and painted the rock in either 1983 or 1984,” Perry wrote. “This occurred after I paid a visit to the property with a friend and saw the rock with the offensive word. After my visit I called my folks and mentioned it to them, and they painted it over during their next visit.”
“Ever since, any time I ever saw the rock it was painted over,” Perry said.
As your other links concerning violence in DC, did you notice gun violence still continued to drop AFTER the supreme court overturned the bans?

darthtang aw

Actually, most states do have "dram shop" laws that hold the bartender and bar owner liable for the actions of a person who became drunk in their establishment. I have worked many cases in my career where a bar was sued (in one case for $40 million) for serving too much alcohol to a person who then went out an killed/maimed some innocent on the roads. In New York every bartender takes a course in prudent serving in order to fend off such suits
That is civil law. And you have to prove the individual was blatantly drunk while continuing to be served. My law would guarantee no one leaving a bar would ever again commit a drunk driver accident. Why are drunk driving deaths more acceptable than gun violence murders?

darthtang aw

She didn't NEED that particular firearm, it just happened to be the one she felt had the best fit for her hand.  I suggested a .357 revolver but she didn't care for the weight or balance of it.  Based on how she shoots the firearm at the range, she wouldn't need more than two rounds to hit her intended target.  The other 13 rounds are there because that's how many rounds the clip holds.
If she didn't need it, how do you justify ownership? this is what you are asking myself to do, yet don't ask yourself to do the same in return? taurus makes a 9mm that only holds 8. Should have bought that, We wouldn't want you or your family using one of those with a "high capacity" magazine (not clip, that holds paper together) you complain about.