Great time to be in public schools in San Antonio

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544456
You said this
Apparently your wife's sense of security is false in your eyes.
There is a side of me that questions if you are a responsible gun owner. Your Taurus holds 17+1. Not 15 like I mentioned and you confirmed. Responsible gun owners know how many bullets their guns hold so accidents don't happen.
Where did I say which model of Taurus 9mm I own? FYI, mine came with both a 17 round and 15 ROUND clip. Apparently you must not anything about firearms if you don't know most semi-auto pistols can hold various sized clips.
The Supreme court has backed a lot of liberal viewpoints, that are counter to huge lobbyist actions. ACA comes to mind. If the supreme court were a dictorship it makes more sense for the dictator to disarm the people. As that would consolidate the dictators power over the people further. Dictators require control of the populace to maintain their dictator status. Ask Khadafi or Castro.
Look at the three last decisions that Court has made. Every one of them were decided based on each judges political belief, whether it be Conservative or Liberal. They are akin to a Dictatorship because any decision they make becomes resolute. They have the power to decide which cases are brought forth to them, and which one's they don't want to hear.
Of those you listed, what have they said that indicates they would desire slavery? As to Rick Perry this is what has been said about your rock issue.
Ranchers who once grazed cattle on the 1,070-acre parcel on the Clear Fork of the Brazos River called it by that name well before Perry and his father, Ray, began hunting there in the early 1980s. There is no definitive account of when the rock first appeared on the property. In an earlier time, the name on the rock was often given to mountains and creeks and rock outcroppings across the country. Over the years, civil rights groups and government agencies have had some success changing those and other racially offensive names that dotted the nation’s maps.
But the name of this particular parcel did not change for years after it became associated with Rick Perry, first as a private citizen, then as a state official and finally as Texas governor. Some locals still call it that. As recently as this summer, the slablike rock — lying flat, the name still faintly visible beneath a coat of white paint — remained by the gated entrance to the camp.
When asked last week, Perry said the word on the rock is an “offensive name that has no place in the modern world.”
But how, when or whether he dealt with it when he was using the property is less clear and adds a dimension to the emerging biography of Perry, who quickly moved into the top tier of Republican presidential candidates when he entered the race in August.
He grew up in a segregated era whose history has defined and complicated the careers of many Southern politicians. Perry has spoken often about how his upbringing in this sparsely populated farming community influenced his conservatism. He has rarely, if ever, discussed what it was like growing up amid segregation in an area where blacks were a tiny fraction of the population.
In his responses to two rounds of detailed, written questions, Perry said his father first leased the property in 1983. Rick Perry said he added his own name to the lease from 1997 to 1998, when he was state agriculture commissioner, and again from 2004 to 2007, when he was governor.
He offered a simple version of how he dealt with the rock, followed by a more elaborate one.
“When my Dad joined the lease in 1983, he took the first opportunity he had to paint over the offensive word on the rock during the 4th of July holiday,” Perry said in his initial response. “It is my understanding that the rock was eventually turned over to further obscure what was originally written on it.”
Perry said that he was not with his father when he painted over the name but that he “agreed with” the decision.
In response to follow-up questions, Perry gave a more detailed account.
“My mother and father went to the lease and painted the rock in either 1983 or 1984,” Perry wrote. “This occurred after I paid a visit to the property with a friend and saw the rock with the offensive word. After my visit I called my folks and mentioned it to them, and they painted it over during their next visit.”
“Ever since, any time I ever saw the rock it was painted over,” Perry said.
As your other links concerning violence in DC, did you notice gun violence still continued to drop AFTER the supreme court overturned the bans?
Yes, and those links provided reasons why it continued to drop.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/20#post_3544458
If she didn't need it, how do you justify ownership? this is what you are asking myself to do, yet don't ask yourself to do the same in return? taurus makes a 9mm that only holds 8. Should have bought that, We wouldn't want you or your family using one of those with a "high capacity" magazine (not clip, that holds paper together) you complain about.
The smaller capacity 9mm's aren't as accurate after 15 yards than the 9mm she chose. She based her decision on how the gun felt in her hand, not how many rounds it would fire. Magazine/ clip same thing. Depends on who you talk to. Pointless semantics don't validate your argument.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544473
How do you define a firearm that has the capability of holding a 100-round drum that can be emptied in a matter of a few minutes, a kid pop gun?
A semiautomatic that lacks the full auto or select fire capability of a military grade weapon and if you think you can get 100 rounds to feed out of those drum magazines in a few minutes I have swamp land in the Sahara I'll sell you. There's a reason the military doesn't use them, they're crap.

darthtang aw

The smaller capacity 9mm's aren't as accurate after 15 yards than the 9mm she chose.  She based her decision on how the gun felt in her hand, not how many rounds it would fire.  Magazine/ clip same thing.  Depends on who you talk to.  Pointless semantics don't validate your argument.
You need distances over 15 yards for home defense?

darthtang aw

A semiautomatic that lacks the full auto or select fire capability of a military grade weapon and if you think you can get 100 rounds to feed out of those drum magazines in a few minutes I have swamp land in the Sahara I'll sell you. There's a reason the military doesn't use them, they're crap. 
Not to mention MOST AR-15 barrels would warp putting that much heat through them that fast.

darthtang aw

Yes, and those links provided reasons why it continued to drop.
So you are saying poor people are more prone to commit murder with a gun. We dont need more gun laws, just move the poor people away?

geridoc

How often are those suits successful? Always wondered about that. 
Most settle, but win, lose or draw, the financial and time cost of the litigation serves as a spur to the bars and bartenders to be careful.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544481
So you are saying poor people are more prone to commit murder with a gun. We dont need more gun laws, just move the poor people away?
Statistics show that as factual. Cities with the highest rate of low income and minorities are prone to more criminal activity. Desperate times make desperate people. If you want for nothing because you have the money to go out and blow $900+ on a multi-round pea shooter "Just because I can", you're less prone to commit a criminal act with a gun for financial gain. Take the guns out of their hands and they'll still commit crimes, but instead of someone dying protecting their property, they're more likely to survive an attack from someone wielding a knife, bat, or whatever other inanimate object you gun zealots claim can be used the same way as a gun.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544480
Not to mention MOST AR-15 barrels would warp putting that much heat through them that fast.
Brother. You claim to own one of these firearms, and you don't even know the "accessories" you can add to them?

This guy almost emptied his 100-round drum in under a minute, but it jammed on him twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KOKS_HwQU

Look at the two good ole boys. Guess you've never heard of a "slide fire" mechanism for that toy of yours. Looks like a full auto to me, and they claim "It's perfectly legal!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4kFzECXGs

"Bump firing" has become a new art form:

http://www.slidefirestock.com/?gclid=CIaYiuTji74CFWcS7AodgzsAVQ

Look at the end of this video to see how fast he can dump a 100-round drum with his new "stock". Didn't look like he was warping the barrel to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUNvIwxSWg

First you two didn't know a Taurus 9mm has multiple sized CLIPS, now you're oblivious to the current technology that little pop gun you own is capable of using. Do yourself a favor and slowing move away from the dangerous weapon, and give it to someone who knows how to use it.

darthtang aw

Statistics show that as factual.  Cities with the highest rate of low income and minorities are prone to more criminal activity.  Desperate times make desperate people.  If you want for nothing because you have the money to go out and blow $900+ on a multi-round pea shooter "Just because I can", you're less prone to commit a criminal act with a gun for financial gain.  Take the guns out of their hands and they'll still commit crimes, but instead of someone dying protecting their property, they're more likely to survive an attack from someone wielding a knife, bat, or whatever other inanimate object you gun zealots claim can be used the same way as a gun.
Brother.  You claim to own one of these firearms, and you don't even know the "accessories" you can add to them?
This guy almost emptied his 100-round drum in under a minute, but it jammed on him twice
Look at the two good ole boys.  Guess you've never heard of a "slide fire" mechanism for that toy of yours.  Looks like a full auto to me, and they claim "It's perfectly legal!"
Look at the end of this video to see how fast he can dump a 100-round drum with his new "stock".  Didn't look like he was warping the barrel to me:
First you two didn't know a Taurus 9mm has multiple sized CLIPS, now you're oblivious to the current technology that little pop gun you own is capable of using.  Do yourself a favor and slowing move away from the dangerous weapon, and give it to someone who knows how to use it.  :rotfl:
Ok mister smarty pants! May I call you that? Doesn't matter. I was gonna ignore your 9mm comment but here we go.
Which model Taurus 9mm do you own? Yes they make AFTERMARKET magazines that hold less. But NO gun manufacturer includes TWO magazines of DIFFERENT capacities in their handgun package. So please tell me oh wonder of wonders, which Taurus model do you own. Their large frame 9mm models are all 17+1. Their 24/7 models are 17+1, their medium size frame models only come in 40 cal. their smaller frame models come with highest capacity magazine of 12 and their 1911 9mm model holds 9. So please great khali of Taurus weaponry, which 9mm model comes with a 15 and 17 round magazine?
As to the AR15 comments. Where did you gather the notion I know nothing about AR accessories when my comment was directed towards the result of usage of such accessory? It is a FACT you will burn out your gas tube on the average AR15 model if firing ridiculous amounts of ammo in a short period of time. I have seen it done. While it was cool to see a gas tube glowing bright red, it is not something I would ever recommend.
In the first video he fired about 86 shots. Give or take a couple. He did not go through the whole drum. In the second video you see how hot the gas tube got. as well as how heated the barrel was, odds are the barrel warped some. Unless that is a 2000 dollar ar-15 odds are if he does that again, his rifle will break. The average Civilian models are not made to handle slidefire/full auto mechanisms like that. Anyone spending the money on the proper rifle isn't someone I need be concerned about.
If you look at the last video where you say it doesn't "appear" to warp, I call bull. His second target had a looser grouping. He claimed it was due to stance, but his stance wasn't any different to warrant a grouping of that difference. Also when they give the close up of the rifle laying down (after it has cooled down a bit) If you look closely you see the permament discoloration of the gas tube overheating.
Have a nice evening, firearms 201 is over. Be sure to read pages 300-699 in your text book.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544494
Brother. You claim to own one of these firearms, and you don't even know the "accessories" you can add to them?

Look at the two good ole boys. Guess you've never heard of a "slide fire" mechanism for that toy of yours. Looks like a full auto to me, and they claim "It's perfectly legal!"

Look at the end of this video to see how fast he can dump a 100-round drum with his new "stock". Didn't look like he was warping the barrel to me:

First you two didn't know a Taurus 9mm has multiple sized CLIPS, now you're oblivious to the current technology that little pop gun you own is capable of using. Do yourself a favor and slowing move away from the dangerous weapon, and give it to someone who knows how to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544524
Ok mister smarty pants! May I call you that? Doesn't matter. I was gonna ignore your 9mm comment but here we go.
Which model Taurus 9mm do you own? Yes they make AFTERMARKET magazines that hold less. But NO gun manufacturer includes TWO magazines of DIFFERENT capacities in their handgun package. So please tell me oh wonder of wonders, which Taurus model do you own. Their large frame 9mm models are all 17+1. Their 24/7 models are 17+1, their medium size frame models only come in 40 cal. their smaller frame models come with highest capacity magazine of 12 and their 1911 9mm model holds 9. So please great khali of Taurus weaponry, which 9mm model comes with a 15 and 17 round magazine?
As to the AR15 comments. Where did you gather the notion I know nothing about AR accessories when my comment was directed towards the result of usage of such accessory? It is a FACT you will burn out your gas tube on the average AR15 model if firing ridiculous amounts of ammo in a short period of time. I have seen it done. While it was cool to see a gas tube glowing bright red, it is not something I would ever recommend.
In the first video he fired about 86 shots. Give or take a couple. He did not go through the whole drum. In the second video you see how hot the gas tube got. as well as how heated the barrel was, odds are the barrel warped some. Unless that is a 2000 dollar ar-15 odds are if he does that again, his rifle will break. The average Civilian models are not made to handle slidefire/full auto mechanisms like that. Anyone spending the money on the proper rifle isn't someone I need be concerned about.
If you look at the last video where you say it doesn't "appear" to warp, I call bull. His second target had a looser grouping. He claimed it was due to stance, but his stance wasn't any different to warrant a grouping of that difference. Also when they give the close up of the rifle laying down (after it has cooled down a bit) If you look closely you see the permament discoloration of the gas tube overheating.
Have a nice evening, firearms 201 is over. Be sure to read pages 300-699 in your text book.
Like I said, there's a reason the military doesn't use those drums.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544524
Trying to rationalize your position yet again, when you know you're proven wrong. They've had bump fire mechanisms for those rifles for years now. Try something inventive. It's called Google. It's called research the technology. Now tell me an AR can't be "modified" to simulate a full-auto. Oh yeah, can't wait for the next wacko who wants to go on a shooting rampage, and he finds that little diddy on the internet and buys one with a 100-round drum. Sure, you don't need to be concerned about them. BUT I DO. So now you're going with the theory that someone who COULD afford that technology is incapable of committing a heinous crime? Riiiight.

Trust me, the only thing you've taught me is you have no clue what you're talking about.

BTW, It's a Taurus PT92. I bought it at Academy. It was on sale for $479. The box came with a 17-round and 15-round MAGAZINE. I didn't ask whether it came standard with two mags because I really didn't care. You can believe me or not. I could give a rats ass if you don't.

2quills

So when was the last time a crime was committed within 30 days of purchasing and tricking out one of these pea shooters?

darthtang aw

Trying to rationalize your position yet again, when you know you're proven wrong.  They've had bump fire mechanisms for those rifles for years now. Try something inventive.  It's called Google.  It's called research the technology.  Now tell me an AR can't be "modified" to simulate a full-auto.  Oh yeah, can't wait for the next wacko who wants to go on a shooting rampage, and he finds that little diddy on the internet and buys one with a 100-round drum.  Sure, you don't need to be concerned about them.  BUT I DO.  So now you're going with the theory that someone who COULD afford that technology is incapable of committing a heinous crime?  Riiiight.
Trust me, the only thing you've taught me is you have no clue what you're talking about.
BTW,  It's a Taurus PT92.  I bought it at Academy.  It was on sale for $479.  The box came with a 17-round and 15-round MAGAZINE.  I didn't ask whether it came standard with two mags because I really didn't care.  You can believe me or not.  I could give a rats ass if you don't.
First off, WTH are you talking about? Try something inventive? Its called google? Did you fall down and hit your head? Your original comment was on the 100 round drum. As a "Gun Nut" I explained the downside to firing one of those things in conjunction with the slide fire. Where did I say say it wasn't possible? Where did I say they didn't exist? How is explaining the details of such items and why I think they suck rationalizing my position?
Obviously you don't understand how the slide fire works. It isn't as simple as just pull the trigger and go. when the gun recoils your forearm has to be pushing the barrel forward to get it to do the simulated full auto action. This takes away from accuracy. Especially if you have never fired one before. It takes a lot of practice to get the 2 FOOT grouping at 20 YARDS. I fired one before. At thirty yards I hit the target twice with a thirty round magazine. Why? Because it isn't as easy the video makes it look. lol. At thirty yards I can normally keep a 5-6 pattern firing as fast as possible (while still aiming) in semi auto mode. Since you are worried about spray and Pray type firing, I can buy two glock 17 semi autos with 30 round magazines and create the same effect as the bump fire by just pulling the triggers as fast as I can. And it would be create the same effect and is half the cost.
Only Proffessional criminals can afford weaponry like that. And Proffessional criminals don't purchase 100 round drums and slide fire stocks. They illegally purchase full auto guns from third world nations or arms dealers. The average criminal planning on using their gun to commit heinous actions typically has a budget to operate off of as the crimes are ones of "necessity".
You are the one saying gun crime rates are tied to income and poverty. So a poor person has 900 dollars to spare? And that is not counting the 250 dollar cost of a 100 round magazine and the minimum 50 dollar cost of 100 rounds. Much less the 3-400 dollar price tag of the slide fire stock kit. And of course they will want to practice with it first...so then we might be able to add on replacement costs for a new AR upper after they try to burn through the drum a couple times rapidly. and another 100 dollars for the ammo they practiced with.Definitely the weapon of choice for a poor criminal.
Slide fire has been around for a long time. Like you said. Yet miraculously, one has NEVER been used in a mass murder spree or shooting..I wonder why that is? The 100 round drum was used in colorado. yet the The hospital stated it was buckshot that attributed to the high number of people sustaining gunfire wounds.. NOT your 100 round drum and AR-15.
As to your pt92, I must correct myself, they do come with two magazines. This you are correct. HOWEVER they are two 17rd magazines OR two 19 round magazines. So you can put this to rest real simple like. If you are correct, simply take a photo of said gun with magazines extracted next to the gun. Shouldn't be to hard. But you come back with "I dont need to prove myself to you blah blah".

darthtang aw

Like I said, there's a reason the military doesn't use those drums. 
Lol, you and I know that. I own a 75 round drum for my Zastava. It is primarily an ammunition holder more than a magazine..lol. Only reason I have one is my friend bought it for his Centurian and it wouldnt slip into the magazine well...lol...so he gave it to me. since it fit in mine.

reefraff

If they have been available for years (which they have in other forms such as the hell fire) why is it they haven't been reported used in any crimes if they are such a bad thing? I can modify a flare and propane bottle into something a lot more lethal, are we going to ban them too?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397599/great-time-to-be-in-public-schools-in-san-antonio/40#post_3544544
First off, WTH are you talking about? Try something inventive? Its called google? Did you fall down and hit your head? Your original comment was on the 100 round drum. As a "Gun Nut" I explained the downside to firing one of those things in conjunction with the slide fire. Where did I say say it wasn't possible? Where did I say they didn't exist? How is explaining the details of such items and why I think they suck rationalizing my position?
Obviously you don't understand how the slide fire works. It isn't as simple as just pull the trigger and go. when the gun recoils your forearm has to be pushing the barrel forward to get it to do the simulated full auto action. This takes away from accuracy. Especially if you have never fired one before. It takes a lot of practice to get the 2 FOOT grouping at 20 YARDS. I fired one before. At thirty yards I hit the target twice with a thirty round magazine. Why? Because it isn't as easy the video makes it look. lol. At thirty yards I can normally keep a 5-6 pattern firing as fast as possible (while still aiming) in semi auto mode. Since you are worried about spray and Pray type firing, I can buy two glock 17 semi autos with 30 round magazines and create the same effect as the bump fire by just pulling the triggers as fast as I can. And it would be create the same effect and is half the cost.
Only Proffessional criminals can afford weaponry like that. And Proffessional criminals don't purchase 100 round drums and slide fire stocks. They illegally purchase full auto guns from third world nations or arms dealers. The average criminal planning on using their gun to commit heinous actions typically has a budget to operate off of as the crimes are ones of "necessity".
You are the one saying gun crime rates are tied to income and poverty. So a poor person has 900 dollars to spare? And that is not counting the 250 dollar cost of a 100 round magazine and the minimum 50 dollar cost of 100 rounds. Much less the 3-400 dollar price tag of the slide fire stock kit. And of course they will want to practice with it first...so then we might be able to add on replacement costs for a new AR upper after they try to burn through the drum a couple times rapidly. and another 100 dollars for the ammo they practiced with.Definitely the weapon of choice for a poor criminal.
Slide fire has been around for a long time. Like you said. Yet miraculously, one has NEVER been used in a mass murder spree or shooting..I wonder why that is? The 100 round drum was used in colorado. yet the The hospital stated it was buckshot that attributed to the high number of people sustaining gunfire wounds.. NOT your 100 round drum and AR-15.
As to your pt92, I must correct myself, they do come with two magazines. This you are correct. HOWEVER they are two 17rd magazines OR two 19 round magazines. So you can put this to rest real simple like. If you are correct, simply take a photo of said gun with magazines extracted next to the gun. Shouldn't be to hard. But you come back with "I dont need to prove myself to you blah blah".
LOL. Sop now you're a magazine expert and you can tell the difference between a 17-round and 15-round mag by looking at a picture? You're talking two extra bullets. I think the 17-round is about a 1/2 inch longer if that. If it will shut you up on the subject, I have no problem posting a picture.

You and your NRA-lovin cohorts who are against assault weapons bans keep saying that most crimes committed with firearms aren't done with assault rifles because they aren't "practical" for those types of crimes. So of course "poor people" would be more inclined to use a more "economical" firearm to commit whatever crimes they plan committed with a gun in their hand. $900 is considered expensive for purchasing a firearm? Like I said, I paid $479 for my Taurus, and that was on sale. If it's so "expensive" to have these assault weapons, then why have they been the weapon of choice for the last two or three mass murders? You haven't seen any bump fire stocks used yet because they haven't been glorified by the gun nuts at the gun shows. Ten years ago, you'd go to a gun show and you'd only have one or two dealers selling a couple variations of an AR, SKS, or Bushmaster. As soon as Obama came into office, you go to a show and every dealer has 10 different flavors of assault-type rifles laid out on the table with every known accessory, including rail kits, drums, fancy optics, and even silencers. It's only a matter of time one or more dealers will begin hawking these bump fire stocks, and as more variations of the stock come available, the prices will go down. Do you honestly think someone wanting to kill as many people as possible cares about the accuracy of that firearm? Most of the time, they're just shooting at anything that moves. The Aurora theater shooter wasn't standing there picking targets to shoot. He was in a dark theater with smoke all around shooting anything that moved. If he'd had a bump fire stock, the body count would've been twice what it was. Someone who actually wants to go through with an act such as this could care less how much money it's going to cost to do it. Nine chances out of ten, they know they're not going to live through the endeavor. So if they have to drop and few hundreds dollars more, why do they care? They're not going to be around to spend on anything else.