Guides for New Hobbyists

acrylic51

Can you do a tutorial on how to assemble threaded bulkheads with fittings.....Honestly for the life of me I'm having the worst issue with bulkheads!!!!!!

2quills

One of his new bulkheads on his tank leaked, I guess it was cracked. So he got another one (both from b.r.supply) and it's leaking. I think he said last night that it was cracked as well. He's either gettin a bunk product or he's the incredible hulk and just doesn't realize it yet.

snakeblitz33

Flower, maybe I should follow you around and laugh at what you say on the forums? How is this respect? I have been nothing but nice to you this entire time and now this? I'm offended at how rude you have just been to me. Think about it the next time you want to joke about me HELPing the forums, new hobbyists, and this website before making rude, mean comments like that. I would appreciate a little mutual respect on this forum, please.

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan175 http:///t/388776/guides-for-new-hobbyists/120#post_3496163
This is y I go to other forums now
This why I come to this form for the difference of onions. With out it it would be "Snake's Method" (Seth don't take it that the wrong way, you know I would be the first to buy your book, said that to you in ernst in another thread). I missed this thread back in 2011 got through 3 pages will read the rest later. Seth you keep on doing what you do Heaven's know the newbie need you.

2quills

If everybody bailed just because of a simple disagreement or miss understanding then we'd never really get anywhere. Seth, I know you got thicker skin then that bro.

snakeblitz33

Im not going anywhere. I have thicker skin, however i have tolerated comments like this long enough and wanted my thoughts to be known.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388776/guides-for-new-hobbyists/120#post_3496162
Flower, maybe I should follow you around and laugh at what you say on the forums? How is this respect? I have been nothing but nice to you this entire time and now this? I'm offended at how rude you have just been to me. Think about it the next time you want to joke about me HELPing the forums, new hobbyists, and this website before making rude, mean comments like that. I would appreciate a little mutual respect on this forum, please.
My dear friend, I was not laughing at you...I was laughing at Joe and his bump in the road analogy. It struck me as funny, I openly laughed (because I BUMP all the time so a thread stays alive and not get lost). When I said snake meant well...I meant just that...the but
that was funny was the actual thought I had. I think it's great that you kept the thread alive for the new folks to be able to read it and get any help they needed. So I apologize if it hurt your feelings, because that was not my intent at all.
I don't join in on making fun of someone trying to help, and looking back at my post I can see why you thought what you did. So please, you have nothing but my respect. So say you forgive me so I know you don't hate me...

pezenfuego

I recently got through reading most of these threads. I am going to finish the later tonight. They are fantastic. I think that the best part of this is the balance of information. Hundreds of pages can be written about any one of these subjects, but for new hobbyists, that is excessive and overwhelming. And then you google around and find little two sentence blurbs about the cycling process for example. But with these articles, it is a quick read and really gets the point across. I wish someone would have created this when I was just starting. It is so organized and really does well to lay a foundation on which to build further and more in-depth research as well as experiences.

florida joe

Quote:
My dear friend, I was not laughing at you...I was laughing at Joe
THATS IT IM LEAVING I DONT HAVE TO TAKE THIS

snakeblitz33

My dear friend, I was not laughing at you...I was laughing at Joe and his bump in the road analogy. It struck me as funny, I openly laughed (because I BUMP all the time so a thread stays alive and not get lost). When I said snake meant well...I meant just that...the but that was funny was the actual thought I had. I think it's great that you kept the thread alive for the new folks to be able to read it and get any help they needed. So I apologize if it hurt your feelings, because that was not my intent at all.
I don't join in on making fun of someone trying to help, and looking back at my post I can see why you thought what you did. So please, you have nothing but my respect. So say you forgive me so I know you don't hate me...
Alls good and we are still friends. :)