Help

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381107/help/40#post_3320013
LOL...sorry LEV...last night we were talking in a thread about a sand sifter goby...remember......I was thinking we were still there...HAHA
the firefish that you have is messed up from the RG...or from its experience in the return chamber?
I thought it was the Royal Gramma scaring the firefish and made it jump into the chamber and get all messed up.

btldreef

I've got a question:
Can you post the order that you added these fish and how long each was in the tank before you added the next. Also, have you ever rearrangd the rockwork, if so, when and what fish were in the tank at that time and what fish were added later.

levinjac

probibly but anything is posable i mean its odd cause the firefish would always scare the rg but they would go and open there mouths real wide sometimes so i think agression but it may have gotten sucked in like you siid i dunno or maybe it was up top near the return and the flow pushed it into it ill never REALLY know all i can do is guess

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/381107/help/60#post_3320018
probibly but anything is posable i mean its odd cause the firefish would always scare the rg but they would go and open there mouths real wide sometimes
so i think agression but it may have gotten sucked in like you siid i dunno or maybe it was up top near the return and the flow pushed it into it ill never REALLY know all i can do is guess
^ That is 100% aggression.
Keep in mind that Royal Gramma's are known to be aggressive and Firefish are known to be very passive, skiddish fish, and they're jumpers.
Here's my thought: RG scared Firefish and it jumped into the back chambers. I've had it happen with a goby and so have many other people. No one realizes it, but there is enough room in the BioCubes, even with the stock hood on, for jumpers to jump out of the main tank and end up in the back chambers.

levinjac

oh ok I added the clown first alone for 2 years added the firefish after i rearanged the rockwork in may then in august i added the rg and wrasse rearanged the rock work once 3 weeks after added then in october i added the cb and rearanged the day after i got the cb

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinjac http:///forum/thread/381107/help/60#post_3320023
oh ok I added the clown first alone for 2 years added the firefish after i rearanged the rockwork in may then in august i added the rg and wrasse rearanged the rock work once 3 weeks after added then in october i added the cb and rearanged the day after i got the cb
Firefish is stressed by new additions. The rearranging of rock work has taken away its territory, furthering the stress.
Get rid of the Royal Gramma, it has obviously caused stress to the firefish. They are aggressive and it will turn to another fish sooner or later.
What about the wrasse?

levinjac

no its to busy picking at algea all day on the rocks cb same thing the clown well every time i go up to the glass it wants to eat the fat slob and the rg hides all day except at feeding