Here I go!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by renogaw
yup, its tshirt weather up here in the 50's, and down to skinnies in the 80's, where as you guys are in parkas in the 60's and don't even break a sweat in the 80's i bet. we also have some HORRID humidity up here, so that's one reason we keep the ac on.
Yesterday our high was 74, which was nice, but in just one hour it dropped to 58 because of a cold front and we had record breaking 50 mph winds. Stepped out side and WOW, it was freezing :scared: ......relatively speaking that is. And yes, I don't really break a sweat until the 90s. Our forcasters won't even say the word "Hot" until it reaches the 100s.

A

anmldr

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Yesterday our high was 74, which was nice, but in just one hour it dropped to 58 because of a cold front and we had record breaking 50 mph winds. Stepped out side and WOW, it was freezing :scared: ......relatively speaking that is. And yes, I don't really break a sweat until the 90s. Our forcasters won't even say the word "Hot" until it reaches the 100s.

Looking good early bird... good luck with it..
As far as breaking a sweat is concerned, I don't think the humidity is very bad in AZ - we start breaking a sweat from 85 and up only because the humidity is over 70-80% most of the time. I feel like taking a shower every time I go outside in the dead of the summer... The humidity is just too high to do anything. Anyway, I think all of that bad weather is suppose to hit us tomorrow, hail and wind :) I can't wait... ***)

reefforbrains

Early- Email me and Ill send you some starters when your ready to recieve.
Awesome set up, I bet your exited. Looks great so far.
Now comes the endless aquascaping........

azfishgal

Originally Posted by anmldr
Looking good early bird... good luck with it..
As far as breaking a sweat is concerned, I don't think the humidity is very bad in AZ - we start breaking a sweat from 85 and up only because the humidity is over 70-80% most of the time. I feel like taking a shower every time I go outside in the dead of the summer... The humidity is just too high to do anything. Anyway, I think all of that bad weather is suppose to hit us tomorrow, hail and wind :) I can't wait... ***)
Ya, I'd rather live with the heat, than the humidity. :scared: Yuck!

earlybird

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Early- Email me and Ill send you some starters when your ready to recieve.
Awesome set up, I bet your exited. Looks great so far.
Now comes the endless aquascaping........
I apprciate it. That would be great.
Az, it's a 10g QT.

earlybird

Set up my tank last night and I tried to have fun but my beers got warm. I am very happy at my first attempt at aquascaping. Just enough rock and I have plenty in my sump and still the 2 pieces in my QT.
Temp- 80.1 (dt) 79.5 (qt)
SG- 1.026 (both)
Amm- 0.09 (dt) 0.1 (qt)
pH- 8.0 (or close to it, both tanks as of 11:30)
I'll take more pictures when my other lights come on.

earlybird

Oh oh, the temp is now up to 82.6 and my ac is on 76. I'll have to monitor this especially when I leave and raise the ac during the day.

reefforbrains

Think the 82.6 is from heater turned up too high? Shouldn't be from the ambient temp of the house this early in the season.

renogaw

so not too much (if any) of a sand storm huh? how did the rock fare outside, it seems a little bare :(

azfishgal

Your rock work looks great. And I agree with the other post, something must be wrong with your heaters, it should not be that high with your room temp at 76. I have my heaters set at 78, and my tank hasn't gotten above 81, and my house as been 80 at times already this year. Check your heater.

earlybird

Something is really wrong with my heat. I don't have my heater turned on. It's in there but it's not plugged in. I now have 2 digital timers on my tank and one reads 81.6 and the other reads 82.7.
Possibly a defective pump that is running hot? I have 2 mj 400s, magdrive 7, and the pump for my ss65. What should I do?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by earlybird
Something is really wrong with my heat. I don't have my heater turned on. It's in there but it's not plugged in. I now have 2 digital timers on my tank and one reads 81.6 and the other reads 82.7.
Possibly a defective pump that is running hot? I have 2 mj 400s, magdrive 7, and the pump for my ss65. What should I do?
I have noticed some powerheads when placed in the tank need to be dissassembled underwater (I had an aquaclear pump that needed this) to let all the air out so they cool properly if there is an air pocket trapped in one it could cause that, or like you said it could just be a defective one. I eventually ended up drilling a hole in the body of the powerhead to prevent air from pocketing inside the chasis.

renogaw

Originally Posted by earlybird

iirc you are choking down your mag 7 and may be the cause of your excess heat.