Here I go!

earlybird

Tub is not heated but the temp is 77 so I thought it'd be okay should I put a heater in?
I love the magnets.

reefkprz

if its 77 your fine I forgot you live in a hot climate. it would be 55 or less without heat in my house.

earlybird

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
if its 77 your fine I forgot you live in a hot climate. it would be 55 or less without heat in my house.
When I was testing with fresh water it held at 80 with my pumps and lights.
Okay tested amm and got 0.3.
I'm going to begin the cycle of my qt with some small pieces of lr.

renogaw

Originally Posted by earlybird
My wife thinks I'm crazy.
welcome to the club. it only gets worse from here. that didn't take her very long...

vpotts28

My wife thinks I'm crazy.
She hasn't seen anything yet. Just wait until you are down on your hands and knees looking in the aquarium with a flashlight, and all the lights are off. :hilarious

spanko

Flashlight in one hand and a magnifying glass in the other. It doesn't get any better than that!! :help:

renogaw

actually.........
my wife caught me with my head in my stand looking at the fuge with the chaeto and pods...

cosguy23

what kind of lights do you have on your tank... I'm thinking about get a tank exactly like yours.............

saltn00b

grats! i think you may have broken a swf.com record of 1000 posts before putting water in a tank!
good luck

earlybird

the powerhead for that tank is currenty in use but will be added later this evening. No heater temp at 77.9.

renogaw

the powerhead for that tank is currenty in use but will be added later this evening. No heater temp at 77.9.
that is so sweet that you're able to save electricty by not having to heat your tank LOL.
erm... will you have to get a chiller though?

earlybird

Don't think so and wasn't planning on it. My air will kick in at 80 during the day but on really hot days I may have to lower it a little. Time will tell.

renogaw

omg, air set at 80.... i'd be sweating way too much. i keep it at 70 in the summer :) helps with humidity.

azfishgal

earlybird, you are off to a great start. :cheer: Can't wait to see things progress.
renogaw,
it all depends on where you live, doesn't it? I'm like earlybird, I set my AC between 78-80. Any lower and my electric bill will be sky high. :scared: This will be my first summer with my saltwater tank, so we'll have to see if I'm going to need a chiller.
I really hope not. :notsure:

azfishgal

I have coralife pc's.
Here she is...

I like your QT, better than mine. Is that a 10 gallon? Mine is also a 10 gallon, but it's a nano tank, so less swim room because of the shape and the room the filter takes up.
I'm going to see if I can get a 20L before I get my tangs. Of course I have to convince my husband that after a 12 gallon freshwater, 10 gallon nano tank, and a 125 gallon reef tank, YES, I need just one more. :hilarious

renogaw

Originally Posted by azfishgal
earlybird, you are off to a great start. :cheer: Can't wait to see things progress.
renogaw,
it all depends on where you live, doesn't it? I'm like earlybird, I set my AC between 78-80. Any lower and my electric bill will be sky high. :scared: This will be my first summer with my saltwater tank, so we'll have to see if I'm going to need a chiller.
I really hope not. :notsure:

yup, its tshirt weather up here in the 50's, and down to skinnies in the 80's, where as you guys are in parkas in the 60's and don't even break a sweat in the 80's i bet. we also have some HORRID humidity up here, so that's one reason we keep the ac on.